Stekelenburg set to sign for Southampton

Started by intertoto2002fulham, June 22, 2015, 07:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intertoto2002fulham

Good to get him off the wage bill. Now for Ruiz, Mirto and Lovebite

fulhamben

Quote from: intertoto2002fulham on June 22, 2015, 07:23:45 PM
Good to get him off the wage bill. Now for Ruiz, Mirto and Lovebite
are you shads accountant then? its only good to get players out of the door if you  actually improve the squad. who cares what our wage bill is. if you want good players then you have high wages. if you want low wages then we might end up worse than we did last year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

I don't remember him setting our world on fire and by the end of our relegation season he did not even make it onto the pitch.

Monaco didn't seem to want to play him either - so why do you think he was one of our "good" players ?

Maybe he was just one of our over-priced players?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

JDH101

I actually think he is a really good keeper with fantastic technique. He had a bad injury with us and never really got going. I think he will do well for the Saints. Good luck to him.

fulhamben

Quote from: JDH101 on June 22, 2015, 07:34:44 PM
I actually think he is a really good keeper with fantastic technique. He had a bad injury with us and never really got going. I think he will do well for the Saints. Good luck to him.
this. he did look good when fit. its only at fulham, where you can find fans happy to get rid of hugo mitro dembele ruiz david roberts and stek. all of which will go onto better things. but hey ar least our wages will be low

Andy S

You need to get real. You do not need over paid Prima donna's to get out of this league. Debt will get you out quicker than you think!

intertoto2002fulham

Do any of these players want to play in the Championship?

If they don't I can see Kit and Riggs logic that we're better off without them, clearing the wage bill to sign younger and hungrier championship players.

It's the Cairneys, Husbands and Dunks of this world as well as Pringle, Woodrow, McCormack, Bettinelli and Christensen which will be the good long term investments and help get us back to the Prem.

Ruiz has openly said he wants to leave. We can only assumer Mitro is the same. And Lovebite is a liability with his red cards.

Swiss72

He is off on loan at Saints for one year.

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

gerrys

Quote from: Swiss72 on June 22, 2015, 08:01:45 PM
He is off on loan at Saints for one year.
they have an injury problem and by next year they will have 3 fit keepers, it's obvious they will not want to buy him.....so this is a good option for Fulham not having to pay his wages....

God The Mechanic

Would have preferred a straight sale. As long as we got a fee of some sort and they cover all wages we can only hope he excels and they decided to sign him permanently next summer.

fulhamben

Quote from: intertoto2002fulham on June 22, 2015, 07:50:59 PM
Do any of these players want to play in the Championship?

If they don't I can see Kit and Riggs logic that we're better off without them, clearing the wage bill to sign younger and hungrier championship players.

It's the Cairneys, Husbands and Dunks of this world as well as Pringle, Woodrow, McCormack, Bettinelli and Christensen which will be the good long term investments and help get us back to the Prem.

Ruiz has openly said he wants to leave. We can only assumer Mitro is the same. And Lovebite is a liability with his red cards.
Quote from: Andy S on June 22, 2015, 07:45:50 PM
You need to get real. You do not need over paid Prima donna's to get out of this league. Debt will get you out quicker than you think!
no what you need is the best players in the league, with a good manager leading them. confident? i wouldnt sell one top player till there replacement has signed. now you could argue that we have done that with stek, but not with any of the others. and granted none have actually gone yet. i just dont get how some can be happy that good players are leaving, just because of a wage bill. and yet know one mentions parker, yet the majority recognise the importance of a good dm coming in. getting rid of him will improve us and save us the most on wages, why is he never mentioned in a cant wait to get rid of list?

Pluto

Rubbish deal really. We get nothing for him, he won't play all season so his balue will be even lower next summer and we'll get nothing for him then either. Sigh

Jonnoj

He has to play as he will be their only fit senior keeper until Fraser Forster recovers.
It's quite a gamble from them really given his record at Roma,us and Monaco

Rhys Lightning 63

Only on loan, we just can't get rid of him
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MikeW

fulhamben - having a laugh are'nt you?

Ridiculous posts
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Riverside

A gamble for Southampton as Steks has barely played the last 2-3 years . If though he does play and looks good finally someone might buy him !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordar

This has annoyed me. Not him going, but the fact we seem incapable of getting any financial returns from any players we're trying to get rid of. Its quite obvious that he's not going to play for us again so just sell him. I do not believe that there isnt a club willing to pay money for a high profile goalkeeper who played in the world cup final.

Between him, Ruiz and Mitroglou we've just thrown away more money by not trying to get a fee for them and just loaning them out. I cant think of another club so inept at this

Lighthouse

If he can make it into the first team he will have games until January when the other keeper may be fit. But we have seen nothing of him at Fulham that would make any club want to buy him. So a loan is the best we could hope for. As for getting rid of our big earners. We are keeping Parker because he actually contributed something to the team. Rodders I am sorry to see go but we may well have an upgrade in mind. But for the others they have a reputation for being good but we have seen nothing of it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope