News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Japan Match Predictions For the Women's World Cup semi-final?

Started by mikestrand, July 01, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

valdeingruo

Quote from: LordNelson on July 02, 2015, 02:34:22 AM
I wish I could send Laura Bassett flowers.

Im sure its possible, and it would go a long way in the progress of the support. Showing unity and all that.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: andersons11 on July 02, 2015, 03:15:51 AM
Quote from: LordNelson on July 02, 2015, 02:34:22 AM
I wish I could send Laura Bassett flowers.

Im sure its possible, and it would go a long way in the progress of the support. Showing unity and all that.

That was a challenge that needed to be made. Unfortunately it didn't go safe. She played really well all tournament. It's a shame and a bit of a joke after what their coach said about us. He should look at himself as the us will win. Good luck to all involved.

dannyboi-ffc

So unlucky and they deserved better. We should still be very proud though.

That own goal reminded me so much of Riethers tackle vs hull under Felix Magath. He stretched like that to intercept and lobbed stockdale but his one rebounded off the bar for a tap in. Both were so fluky and I hope the girl gets support off the whole country. She will never forget that goal now which is a sad way to end such a great achievement
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Blanco

Sums up the tournament for me. From what i'v seen games are won and lost on whoever makes the fewest or most tragic mistakes. i.e this howler of an own goal.

Lighthouse

Utterly cruel. Still they did more for Womens football in this World Cup than a decade full of positive advertising.

Weird World Cup. The best teams just have been below par. France were probably the best but couldn't beat the Germans. England were so much the outsiders but deserved so much more.

Still thanks for a memorable World Cup. It will live long in my sporting memory. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

it was a real sickner... we were IMO the better team and looking more likely but Japan very good on the break. But it goes to show the old adage, you have to take your chance when you are on top

Blanco

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 02, 2015, 10:44:14 AM
Utterly cruel. Still they did more for Womens football in this World Cup than a decade full of positive advertising.

Weird World Cup. The best teams just have been below par. France were probably the best but couldn't beat the Germans. England were so much the outsiders but deserved so much more.

Still thanks for a memorable World Cup. It will live long in my sporting memory. 

Steady on mate

nose

Quote from: Blanco on July 02, 2015, 10:47:38 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 02, 2015, 10:44:14 AM

Steady on mate

i agree with  lighthouse the women showed how team spirit and commitment and the readiness of the manager to correct obvious errors makes a team improve... i also will remember their efforts for a long time.

Shame our management do not correct errors and just continue with the same failed attitudes and policies like signing second rate left backs and keeping a second rate CEO.

Nick Bateman

The women were a credit to our nation, and unlike their male counterparts, felt it was an honour to respresent one's country.

Sadly, the much higher salaried men's game has become a club versus country situation, where two of the 'top' managers receiving the most refereeing help from the FA in the Premier League are foreign in Arsené Wenger and José Mourinho.  Many times they have insisted on the national team resting their selected respective players because they had an important league match coming up - the England manager has wimpishly obliged.  Chelsea have virtually no English representation now.

The men are so overpaid, they would rather lay on a beach than play for their country, some of whom it is merely a flag of convenience.

On the other hand, the girls gave 100% and were more true to the sport with less 'diving' and blatant cheating littering the corrupted masculine equivalent and should be commended.  Since sacking the hopeless Hope Powell, who seemed to have the coach's job for life despite unadultorated multitudinous failure, England women have improved and progressed well.

It is a shame Powell was in charge when Fulham had the best crop of female talent heavily funded by Al Fayed, but discouraged by an indifferent FA,  but she was seemingly perpetually retained possibly because of some undeclared "Rooney Rule" working in her favour.

Now with a (dreaded) man as the coach in Mark Sampson only 33, English women are proud semi-finalists and can look forward to a grudge match against Felix Magath's countrymen, ze Germans.

Granted the general quality of women's football is no better than national schoolboy level, but this campaign in the World Cup has made them not soley the provenance of a handfull of BBC "luvvies", but put Women's football on the map and worthy of serious funding!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Burt

They did really well...

At the outset nobody would have dreamt that they would have got as far as they did, and nobody would have dreamt that they would outplay Japan and be so close to getting through to the final.

A credit to the nation, and I hope their achievements inspire much more participation and success.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Vienna1

The England ladies did very well. Feel sorry for the poor girl who scored the onw goal. Well, such is life... Never mind!!!

Blanco

Predictions for tonights game? Definite win for Germany in my opinion. England won't be over the Japanese defeat plus the germans have much more quality. Something thats occured to me since Bassett scored that own goal and the general publics reaction. If Jones or Cahill had scored an own goal that bad would you have been so sympathetic? Why does she deserve more sympathy than the lads? They would be slaughtered.

Jonaldiniho 88

I think we will lose but hope we put in another good performance.

RaySmith

Whatever player was responsible for that, or any, own goal, is deserving of sympathy, not condemnation, whether male or female.

Always a complete accident - no player wants to score against their own side, and the other night Bassett was giving everything to clear a threat, showing what a committed player she is, and it was a pure fluke. She isn't deserving of any blame at all.

RaySmith

I think they will give their all - and may just get a result.

Good luck to them, anyway. They all heroes, whatever happens.

Nero

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...