News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Japan Match Predictions For the Women's World Cup semi-final?

Started by mikestrand, July 01, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

well done ladies, its been fantastic watching them grow in this tounre. from the french debarcle to beating the number one team in the world. if not for some rotten luck we could of been in with a real chance of winning it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Blanco

Quality of football was still pants but i'm really impressed by the togetherness of the whole squad and management. Wish the blokes were like that. Sadly I don't think they ever will be.

jms

Quote from: Blanco on July 04, 2015, 07:37:10 PM
Predictions for tonights game? Definite win for Germany in my opinion. England won't be over the Japanese defeat plus the germans have much more quality. Something thats occured to me since Bassett scored that own goal and the general publics reaction. If Jones or Cahill had scored an own goal that bad would you have been so sympathetic? Why does she deserve more sympathy than the lads? They would be slaughtered.

064.gif

Blanco

Quote from: jms on July 04, 2015, 11:39:39 PM
Predictions for tonights game? Definite win for Germany in my opinion. England won't be over the Japanese defeat plus the germans have much more quality. Something thats occured to me since Bassett scored that own goal and the general publics reaction. If Jones or Cahill had scored an own goal that bad would you have been so sympathetic? Why does she deserve more sympathy than the lads? They would be slaughtered.

064.gif

Forgive me for making a prediction on who most people thought the favourites were. In a game that doesn't really matter it could have always gone either way. Put Germany against England in an actual semi final or final I would bet my house on Germany winning.

mikestrand

Quote from: Blanco on July 04, 2015, 11:59:54 PM

064.gif

Forgive me for making a prediction on who most people thought the favourites were. In a game that doesn't really matter it could have always gone either way. Put Germany against England in an actual semi final or final I would bet my house on Germany winning.
How many World cup Bronze medals do you have Blanco? We made changes they made changes England ended up celebrating, Germany crying. End of.

Forever Fulham

I thought England wanted it more, and they want out and grabbed it by the throat.

fulhamben

064.gif

i imagine some bet there house on germany beating the usa aswell. its a funny old game.

Lighthouse

England have never beaten Germany in the Women's game and deserved the bit of fortune with the penalty. No chance of trying to belittle the achievement. It was a wonderful few weeks for the women's game. They did the Country proud.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

Quote from: mikestrand on July 05, 2015, 12:16:45 AM

064.gif

How many World cup Bronze medals do you have Blanco? We made changes they made changes England ended up celebrating, Germany crying. End of.

Well considering i'm not an athlete and don't play football none. What I have doesn't matter. I'm just getting tired of all the overcompensation and hype of this womens world cup. The reality is that it isn't very good.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 05, 2015, 12:36:45 AM
Yes they did do the Country proud, and deserved their moment tonight, third in the World Cup, let's give them credit. Anyone who disagrees should be ashamed, and just plain jealous and bitter and twisted, and racist.
As for the pathetic yank on here who said we couldn't beat the yanks, well we will never know, but tonight's match is about the English Ladies, so snore off back to the land of the Cuckoo.
I know I could beat you all on my own.
When you can beat the English at Rugby and Cricket, they are real sports that you yanks can't play as there too tough for you, then come back and see me, in the meantime, show some humility and grace and respect, and give credit where it's due. The Lionesses did England proud, and nobody can take that away from them.
to be fair, i think he was having a bit of a joke/wind up about us not beating the usa

Lighthouse

Quote from: Blanco on July 05, 2015, 12:30:42 AM

064.gif

Well considering i'm not an athlete and don't play football none. What I have doesn't matter. I'm just getting tired of all the overcompensation and hype of this womens world cup. The reality is that it isn't very good.

It isn't very good compared to what?  It is what it is. If you don't like it then fine. But it is a bit like saying Womens Golf is no good, or tennis, or women's 100 metres of throwing the javelin. The Womens World Cup was highly entertaining to me. Sorry you didn't think so.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

It's the wrong thread and time to be giving my opinions on womens football as the girls did just come third in a world cup and beat the germans for the first time ever. I don't want to take that away from them so i'll say no more. As for your comments and racism i'm not quite sure what you mean by racism. I also think misfitkid was having a laugh. The US would beat England though.

Jonaldiniho 88

A really determined performance and you could see Germany fading as we grew in belief. It wasn't a display of great skill but the work rate and togetherness were a think to behold. Jill Scott ran more than I've seen any man run. Oftern the furthest player forward then the girl to make the last tackle. We were very unlucky not to give japan extra time (who knows what would have happened) and we showed the Germans how good we are. The girls should be proud of themselves and I hate to think how far we would have gone without that own goal (which was a good tackle in the situation IMO). Great effort and let's hope it encourages more young ladies to play the game.

Blanco

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 05, 2015, 12:42:30 AM

064.gif

It isn't very good compared to what?  It is what it is. If you don't like it then fine. But it is a bit like saying Womens Golf is no good, or tennis, or women's 100 metres of throwing the javelin. The Womens World Cup was highly entertaining to me. Sorry you didn't think so.

I can't help but compare womens football to the mens because it is relatively new for us and it just seems the natural thing to do. You're right though, should take it for what it is whether its good or bad.

mikestrand

Quote from: Blanco on July 05, 2015, 12:47:37 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 05, 2015, 12:42:30 AM

064.gif

I can't help but compare womens football to the mens because it is relatively new for us and it just seems the natural thing to do. You're right though, should take it for what it is whether its good or bad.
Hopefully in time the Women's game can break the shackles of male snobbery.