more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

danny murphy has just gone down in my estimations

Started by fulhamben, July 02, 2015, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 02, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
I'm still baffled as to what the 5 man committee actually discussed as the job was then given to the incumbent caretaker manager!  I don't think any of us actually wanted Kit on a full time basis.  What we all definitely wanted was mad Magath out as a matter of urgency.  I was more than happy for Kit to step in as caretaker but that is what he should have remained and then been replaced when we found someone suitable.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=43690.0

Six pages of pretty much unrelenting support for the decision.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2015, 12:23:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 10:35:59 AM
just come out and said that neil lennon was his candidate when he was on our 5 man panel.

Ben, where did this coming out occur mate? Do you have a link to the story please? Cheers.
talksport earlier
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 02, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
Chill out Ben! Save your energy for Saturday. I would't have been happy with Lennon either but it wont change my estimations of Murphy. Murphy didn't force Khan to let him have the final say, he was asked for his advice because of what he means and achieved for the club as a player.

Rightly or wrongly football will always be about opinions and I dont think Murphy chose Lennon to deliberately make Fulham fail. Im sure he genuinely felt he was best just like you think someone else is best.

Chin up! At least we still have Kit........
saturday?

fulhamben

ive just looked up where we are going, are you putting us up in a hotel on saturday as in it sooo far, for proper preparation ;)

Texas White

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: Nero on July 02, 2015, 11:09:02 AM
Perhaps this is why kit hasn't asked Danny to help him. I would have preferred lennon over kit as well as mentioned has experience and a bit of tactical sense let's hope if kit screws it up someone like decent creditinals is available
really? the majority of us at the time wanted kit, cant imagine too many saying actually lets get lennon instead. are you sure there is not a tiny bit of hindsight involved in your answer

Absolutely ....

Andy S

Quite honestly they obviously got paid on he panel and it would have been pretty short sighted if they had all said Kit. I guess they all put names in the frame and voted on them after discussion. Murphy must have had other reasons other than he's a mate! He neither goes up or down in my estimation. He was a very good and intelligent footballer and he talks a lot of sense as a broadcaster and pundit

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on July 02, 2015, 01:46:17 PM
Quite honestly they obviously got paid on he panel and it would have been pretty short sighted if they had all said Kit. I guess they all put names in the frame and voted on them after discussion. Murphy must have had other reasons other than he's a mate! He neither goes up or down in my estimation. He was a very good and intelligent footballer and he talks a lot of sense as a broadcaster and pundit
yes but as a panel of 5, he is found wanting

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
ive just looked up where we are going, are you putting us up in a hotel on saturday as in it sooo far, for proper preparation ;)

Oops my bad but atleast you are paying attention! Yes it is Sunday and I am yet to see you kick a ball so lets put the hotels and the glamour on hold until after your trial!

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 02, 2015, 02:58:59 PM

Oops my bad but atleast you are paying attention! Yes it is Sunday and I am yet to see you kick a ball so lets put the hotels and the glamour on hold until after your trial!

er, i thought all oldies were there for experience and for a coaching role, well thats the fof excuse for when we sign has beens ;)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 02, 2015, 02:58:59 PM

I didn't realize that awful American expression  "My Bad" had found it's way to British shores.
It makes me cringe over here every time I hear it
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Oakeshott

"What we all definitely wanted was mad Magath out as a matter of urgency"

:plus one:

MartyFFC

Strange; he's just gone up in my estimations.

Wimbledon_White

At least you've got something new to moan about Ben.

Bronaldinho

Where did he say that? Be interested to have a read at the quote.

Lennon was my first choice in all honesty, he done a terrific job at Celtic and he's got Bolton playing some decent despite having a very poor squad. His summer building on a low budget will probe he's got what it takes to be a top manager.

No nonsense and has done well, wouldn't say no to Lennon at all. Top bloke.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 02, 2015, 03:19:54 PM
At least you've got something new to moan about Ben.
yep, been a long time since ive seen parker and kit in action, so this keeps me fresh

Jack Fulham

Great ex players are perfect until they start opening their mouth :54:

Or start managing in Shearer's case.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 12:44:14 PM
just come out and said that neil lennon was his candidate when he was on our 5 man panel.

Ben, where did this coming out occur mate? Do you have a link to the story please? Cheers.
talksport earlier

Thanks Ben.

I have to wonder though, was Smurph on there ONLY to talk about Kit, or was it just one and not the main area of discussion, ergo, the reason for his 'appearence'?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2015, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 12:44:14 PM

talksport earlier

Thanks Ben.

I have to wonder though, was Smurph on there ONLY to talk about Kit, or was it just one and not the main area of discussion, ergo, the reason for his 'appearence'?
Hes a regular on TS, does breakfast show and also mid morning one with dickhead Colin Murray

SouthfieldWhite

And the biggest moaner award goes to.........

I can't stand Lennon and dint want him anywhere near Fulham, but Danny was paid to give his options on a potential new manager, which he did.

I havnt heard talksport so don't know what he actually said.

Danny was at a recent youth tournament I was at, he spent most of the day signing autographs or having his picture taken when all he was there for was to watch his mate boy play.

I wanted kit as full time manager and still do.

People need to give him a chance with HIS signings and HIS team

Wimbledon_White