watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

danny murphy has just gone down in my estimations

Started by fulhamben, July 02, 2015, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

just come out and said that neil lennon was his candidate when he was on our 5 man panel.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Blanco

whats wrong with Lennon? I think a lot of people would have taken him over Kit. At least he's a proper manager. Won loads with Celtic. Kept Bolton up after looking like they'd go down. You could say that about Kit though I guess.

alexbishop

gone down in your estimations because we didn't go for him, or because he was a candidate?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Lighthouse

Gone down because he was paid to be part of a panel not to then make public his decisions. Why would  Neil Lennon  have done no better with what we had last season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on July 02, 2015, 10:56:23 AM
gone down in your estimations because we didn't go for him, or because he was a candidate?
candidate. He then said he was a good mate of his. Jobs for the boys me thinks.

Blanco

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 02, 2015, 10:59:26 AM
Gone down because he was paid to be part of a panel not to then make public his decisions. Why would  Neil Lennon  have done no better with what we had last season.

True, he shouldn't make public his decision.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 02, 2015, 10:59:26 AM
so your working for a multi billionaire and the best you can come up with is your mate who has never done anything of note in English football. Even after last season id still rather have kit. Of all the managers in the world surely he could have come up with a better candidate. Granted I don't know the criteria but khan hasn't really scrimped once when it was something we needed

Nero

Perhaps this is why kit hasn't asked Danny to help him. I would have preferred lennon over kit as well as mentioned has experience and a bit of tactical sense let's hope if kit screws it up someone like decent creditinals is available

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on July 02, 2015, 11:09:02 AM
Perhaps this is why kit hasn't asked Danny to help him. I would have preferred lennon over kit as well as mentioned has experience and a bit of tactical sense let's hope if kit screws it up someone like decent creditinals is available
really? the majority of us at the time wanted kit, cant imagine too many saying actually lets get lennon instead. are you sure there is not a tiny bit of hindsight involved in your answer

Blanco

I think at the time your right most people wanted kit. Looking back though I might have gone a different way. To what you said about Lennon not doing anything in English football, what has Kit accomplished? Nothing.

fulhamben

Quote from: Blanco on July 02, 2015, 11:20:25 AM
I think at the time your right most people wanted kit. Looking back though I might have gone a different way. To what you said about Lennon not doing anything in English football, what has Kit accomplished? Nothing.
nothing, but this is my point, kit basically got it on merit, so if not kit then surely you would have recommended someone a bit better than lennon.

leonffc

Woah there!
Did Danny actually say he 'wanted Lennon instead of Kit' OR did he say that he was his candidate?
I haven't heard the transcript so I can't say but depending on the wording, for all we know the panel were sent away to think of reasonable names to bring back to the table (not including kit as he was already in the running) and Danny came back with Lennon as his candidate.
Right or wrong decision, he may not have stabbed Kit.

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on July 02, 2015, 11:41:56 AM
Woah there!
Did Danny actually say he 'wanted Lennon instead of Kit' OR did he say that he was his candidate?
I haven't heard the transcript so I can't say but depending on the wording, for all we know the panel were sent away to think of reasonable names to bring back to the table (not including kit as he was already in the running) and Danny came back with Lennon as his candidate.
i dont even care if he stabbed kit, im more annoyed that lennon was his best alternative.

leonffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: leonffc on July 02, 2015, 11:41:56 AM
Woah there!
i dont even care if he stabbed kit, im more annoyed that lennon was his best alternative.

Lol. That's fair enough. I was just putting the other but out there as a couple of posts were leading towards a straight choice between kit v Lennon.
I wouldn't have had either personally

Craven Mad

Nothing wrong with recommending someone you're friends with; hasn't anyone else put a friend forward for a job because they'd be good at it, not just because you're friends??

Lennon would have been a good shout for us in the Championship.

As for Kit, I never wanted him as full-time manager but I don't think the board could've ignored the results he was getting - I would've given him the job until the end of the season; to pick someone else would've sent the wrong message to the players, the fans and the press.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 10:35:59 AM
just come out and said that neil lennon was his candidate when he was on our 5 man panel.

Ben, where did this coming out occur mate? Do you have a link to the story please? Cheers.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Chill out Ben! Save your energy for Saturday. I would't have been happy with Lennon either but it wont change my estimations of Murphy. Murphy didn't force Khan to let him have the final say, he was asked for his advice because of what he means and achieved for the club as a player.

Rightly or wrongly football will always be about opinions and I dont think Murphy chose Lennon to deliberately make Fulham fail. Im sure he genuinely felt he was best just like you think someone else is best.

Chin up! At least we still have Kit........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham 442

I'm still baffled as to what the 5 man committee actually discussed as the job was then given to the incumbent caretaker manager!  I don't think any of us actually wanted Kit on a full time basis.  What we all definitely wanted was mad Magath out as a matter of urgency.  I was more than happy for Kit to step in as caretaker but that is what he should have remained and then been replaced when we found someone suitable.

EJL

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 02, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
I'm still baffled as to what the 5 man committee actually discussed as the job was then given to the incumbent caretaker manager!  I don't think any of us actually wanted Kit on a full time basis.  What we all definitely wanted was mad Magath out as a matter of urgency.  I was more than happy for Kit to step in as caretaker but that is what he should have remained and then been replaced when we found someone suitable.
Nope, most at the time were more than happy to have Kit take over.

alexbishop

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 02, 2015, 12:25:35 PM

I think what most were happy to see was Kit given the opportunity to remain in his role given the results he was achieving at the time be it continuing as caretaker or otherwise. I think I would have been more comfortable with a contract until the end of the season and then a further review of the other candidates put forward by the committee (including Kit) at the end of the season. I suspect that is what Rigg has done anyway and for some reason decided that Kit should remain.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop