Main Menu

danny murphy has just gone down in my estimations

Started by fulhamben, July 02, 2015, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: leonffc on July 02, 2015, 11:41:56 AM
Woah there!
Did Danny actually say he 'wanted Lennon instead of Kit' OR did he say that he was his candidate?
I haven't heard the transcript so I can't say but depending on the wording, for all we know the panel were sent away to think of reasonable names to bring back to the table (not including kit as he was already in the running) and Danny came back with Lennon as his candidate.
Right or wrong decision, he may not have stabbed Kit.
i dont even care if he stabbed kit, im more annoyed that lennon was his best alternative.
So basically what you are saying is that you are entitled to your opinion but Danny Murphy isn't
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

I'm not as taken by Danny as many Fulham fans are. Does he want to coach and be a manager? Well go out and get your boots dirty then.
As for picking Lennon,  there were a few fans who would have been happy with that.. Not me, but at least he didn't pick Bruce.
I'd also mention if he had been made manager during last summer in place of Magath, you can bet your life JAR would have got a contract.

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on July 02, 2015, 05:02:51 PM
Woah there!
Did Danny actually say he 'wanted Lennon instead of Kit' OR did he say that he was his candidate?
I haven't heard the transcript so I can't say but depending on the wording, for all we know the panel were sent away to think of reasonable names to bring back to the table (not including kit as he was already in the running) and Danny came back with Lennon as his candidate.
i dont even care if he stabbed kit, im more annoyed that lennon was his best alternative.
So basically what you are saying is that you are entitled to your opinion but Danny Murphy isn't

er yes, because my opinnion costs nothing. seriously, if you asked a thousand people, who would be the best manager to get you in the prem, how many do you reckon would say lennon?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jj____

Friend recommended me for a job.  I still had to prove my worth.  Would have loved him here, loved him at Celtic.

jj____

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2015, 06:08:07 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 02, 2015, 05:02:51 PM
Woah there!

er yes, because my opinnion costs nothing. seriously, if you asked a thousand people, who would be the best manager to get you in the prem, how many do you reckon would say lennon?
And how many of the answers would have even been available?

aaronmcguigan

Might be thinking well outside the box here, but Danny would know Kit well and at the time, everyone just wanted magath gone. I actually like the fact that on the panel there were people who had nothing to do with FFC, eg Quinn.
I thought Murphy would have been too close to the goings on and the emotional connection to Fulham and Kit

If it's true, it's a brave decision by Murphy to have wanted Lennon but look at it from a neutral standpoint . Lennons latter playing career and whole management career had been, to that point, only dealing with success after success. That is exactly what we needed after Jol/magath drilling the mentality of the squad into thinking loss after loss was acceptable. We needed a completely fresh approach and that's exactly what Lennon would have offered.
Kits approach was picking up the pieces and slowly rebuilding their confidence which only worked in the short term.

I'm not saying kit is the wrong choice, but Murphy is entitled to his opinion and you can see logic behind what he is (apparently) saying.

We have Kit, he has a proper pre season to build what he wants and how he wants it. The signs look good from what pieces of the jigsaw walk through the door. Now we hope he can put the pieces together and we can start believing and enjoying again. kits appointment was a false dawn as we all wanted a quick fix but we didn't look at what mountain he had to climb in terms of the amount of square pegs left in round holes, shot of confidence.

I'm proper looking forward to a new Fulham over the next few months

F(f)CUK

I am really pleased that we did not get Lennon, because now we would all be moaning that he is likely to dump us to go to Leicester.

mike_corkcity12

Glad we missed out on Lennon. From the rumours I have read, the dressing room was very divisive. I don't think Lennon is the type of manager to galvanize a broken dressing room.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/neil-lennon-bans-everyone-bolton-4434866

WestCountryWhite

Does it really matter? Nice to see some honesty to be honest.

Skatzoffc

What Danny says on a two-bit radio chat show would never make him "go down in my estimations".

In all the games I saw him play for us he was total class, always gave 100% and imo he was an outstanding servant to this club.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MartyFFC

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 03, 2015, 07:23:03 AM
What Danny says on a two-bit radio chat show would never make him "go down in my estimations".

In all the games I saw him play for us he was total class, always gave 100% and imo he was an outstanding servant to this club.

COYW!

COYW!
Damn right. Always a bit miffed by some of our fans' attitude towards Danny, which can sometimes be indifferent. Legend in my view

fulhamben

Quote from: MartyFFC on July 03, 2015, 07:31:53 AM

COYW!

COYW!
Damn right. Always a bit miffed by some of our fans' attitude towards Danny, which can sometimes be indifferent. Legend in my view
so let me get this straight, if Danny told khan it would be in our best interest to sell the cottage
cottage and ground share with Brentford, you would be happy with that cos he.used to play good football for us

MartyFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 03, 2015, 07:40:23 AM

COYW!

COYW!
so let me get this straight, if Danny told khan it would be in our best interest to sell the cottage
cottage and ground share with Brentford, you would be happy with that cos he.used to play good football for us

COYW!

COYW!
Not sure I agree that recommending Lennon is comparable to selling the Cottage and ground sharing with Brentford, but each to their own

Craven Mad

COYW!

But Danny didn't advise that?? He recommended we hire a manager who was well-established, had found success in previous roles, who was available immediately without compensation and who's now courting Premier League interest... You may not like Lennon, but it wasn't a silly suggestion and certainly not one which warrants any ill-feeling towards one of our best players in recent history.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 03, 2015, 08:10:32 AM

COYW!

But Danny didn't advise that?? He recommended we hire a manager who was well-established, had found success in previous roles, who was available immediately without compensation and who's now courting Premier League interest... You may not like Lennon, but it wasn't a silly suggestion and certainly not one which warrants any ill-feeling towards one of our best players in recent history.
but he generalised his answer, so I was just trying to see at what point would you say, do you know what you used to be a good player for us but what you are doing now is not in our best interest

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: fulhamben on July 03, 2015, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 03, 2015, 08:10:32 AM

COYW!

but he generalised his answer, so I was just trying to see at what point would you say, do you know what you used to be a good player for us but what you are doing now is not in our best interest

Is transfer the word good and replace it with excellent player and leader.

This is such a stupid topic to even be discussing

Skatzoffc

COYW!

COYW!

Take a chill pill Ben. You are losing it big time!

064.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Tonywa

COYW!

Along with Woy's management one of the architects of our great club's finest-ever achievement. truly deserving of that over-used term legend;.

Andy S

But still I hear criticism of his style of play. Managers come and go all the time not everyone will like a new manager whoever he is