watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

James Tarkowski

Started by JackyFulham90, July 05, 2015, 05:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Have 2 Brentford fans at my work they seem gutted he may come to us. Apparently anything under £4m & we have got a good deal.
They say he isn't the quickest but is comfortable on the ball & a monster in the air

cmg

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 05, 2015, 05:56:38 AM

They say he isn't the quickest but is comfortable on the ball & a monster in the air

Sounds familiar. White shirt, no. 33 on the back....?

mike_corkcity12

What were our scouts playing at last summer?

Do we really want to strengthen our rivals transfer fund?

Nero

Quote from: cmg on July 05, 2015, 09:59:07 AM

dont think kit likes him, he keeps doing silly things like try to organise the back 4 when he plays.

JackyFulham90

Just thought I would pass the information on my Brentford colleagues think he is a very decent defender. Him & Burn would stop us conceeding set pieces but we would be suspect to pacey strikers

Northern Cottager

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 05, 2015, 11:43:08 AM
What were our scouts playing at last summer?

Do we really want to strengthen our rivals transfer fund?

And weaken their defense?! If we want championship experience chances are we buy from the championship.

They may need the money to just balance the books anyway.

Northern Cottager

Burn runs like he has a piano on his back.

hovewhite

would be another good signing in my opinion.get him signed up rigg

Texas White

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 05, 2015, 01:37:20 PM

Thats not a nice way to talk about a player. Do you think it would help his confidence if he read that?

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Texas White on July 05, 2015, 03:42:21 PM

Thats not a nice way to talk about a player. Do you think it would help his confidence if he read that?

Maybe not but it is true.

We have the good in the air but can't run centre back position well covered. I haven't seen enough of Tarkowski to comment but if he is of a similar mold then no thanks

Sgt Fulham

It was quite funny to be fair.

McBride78

If he is young, affordable, and we still go after at least one more, sign him up.  I would like to see us sign him along with any of Dunk, Lee, or Stearman.

If we get the kid from Aston Villa as well, this could shape up to be a completely different team than last years mess.  I know some are not excited about Jazz, but if we add 4 to 5 players to the defense, which it looks like we might, it could be a game changer.  When you were as bad as we were, it does not take much to make vast improvement. 

Craven Mad

One person makes a tongue-in-cheek joke but on every other thread about our defence practically every post lauds Dan as our best defender by a mile and whenever he plays he's supported wildly, even if he makes a mistake.

If Dan read that and got upset, I'd tell him to go and read the hundreds of positive posts in other threads.

Plus, if any player actually got upset about a comment about "running like they have a piano on their back", I'd tell them to get a grip and maybe try to work on their agility.

SKSW6

Don't know if this is an indication of anything, but an interview with him was put up on the official Brentford site today;

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/james-tarkowski-brentford-bees-player-2527286.aspx

HillingdonFFC

Brentford mate told me weeks ago that fulham were sniffing about Tarkowski. Apparently he was very unhappy about how Mark Warburton  was treated . Bees fans love him but they will rinse us for every penny if we`re serious about getting him. Think I would prefer Dunk or Stearman tbh

MasterHaynes

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 05, 2015, 03:46:23 PM

We have the good in the air but can't run centre back position well covered. I haven't seen enough of Tarkowski to comment but if he is of a similar mold then no thanks
Neither of H&H had pace nor come to that did Adams or Keown, Burn is certainly faster than Brede ever was. There are few C/H's that can match the pace of players that are selected because of their speed, that's why most team organise their midfield to protect them. I would have no problem with Burn being one of our C/H pair this season, just hope we alow him to play to his strengths and we address our shortfalls of the previous 2 seasons in defending properly as a team.

Nero

Quote from: McBride78 on July 05, 2015, 05:16:23 PM
If he is young, affordable, and we still go after at least one more, sign him up.  I would like to see us sign him along with any of Dunk, Lee, or Stearman.

If we get the kid from Aston Villa as well, this could shape up to be a completely different team than last years mess.  I know some are not excited about Jazz, but if we add 4 to 5 players to the defense, which it looks like we might, it could be a game changer.  When you were as bad as we were, it does not take much to make vast improvement. 

but will kit be able to get them organised after 3/4 of a season with last years we gotta hope theres a leader in there with a brain

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 05, 2015, 08:16:35 PM

Neither of H&H had pace nor come to that did Adams or Keown, Burn is certainly faster than Brede ever was. There are few C/H's that can match the pace of players that are selected because of their speed, that's why most team organise their midfield to protect them. I would have no problem with Burn being one of our C/H pair this season, just hope we alow him to play to his strengths and we address our shortfalls of the previous 2 seasons in defending properly as a team.

I do agree but in ever partnership there needs to be someone who can cover in behind the other with H&H hangerland attacked the ball while hughes mopped up.
I like Burn and I think we are much better with him in the team but he turns like the QE2 and attackers know that and will prey on it so you do need someone with some pace to assist him.

For Burn to really make it for me he needs to work on two things. His ability to turn quickly and get on the weights because for someone so tall he still gets bullied to much

MasterHaynes

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 05, 2015, 08:43:29 PM

I do agree but in ever partnership there needs to be someone who can cover in behind the other with H&H hangerland attacked the ball while hughes mopped up.
I like Burn and I think we are much better with him in the team but he turns like the QE2 and attackers know that and will prey on it so you do need someone with some pace to assist him.

For Burn to really make it for me he needs to work on two things. His ability to turn quickly and get on the weights because for someone so tall he still gets bullied to much
I agree he was certainly bullied last season by big experenced CFs last season,hopefully he has learned and been motivated to work on that part of his game watching from the bench, he certainly looked better in the last two games he played at end of season. One person everyone is overlooking here is Jack Grimmer, Jack is a CB with pace and strength, I'm not suggesting playing them together just yet but hope Jack gets the opportunity to gain some championship experience in his best and favoured position, much the same as smalling at Utd he can play across the back 4 to his own detriment but Smalling looks the player most of us thought e was now playing in the centre. you never know we may have ourselves our own homegrown H&H mk2

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 06, 2015, 06:56:34 AM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 05, 2015, 08:43:29 PM

I agree he was certainly bullied last season by big experenced CFs last season,hopefully he has learned and been motivated to work on that part of his game watching from the bench, he certainly looked better in the last two games he played at end of season. One person everyone is overlooking here is Jack Grimmer, Jack is a CB with pace and strength, I'm not suggesting playing them together just yet but hope Jack gets the opportunity to gain some championship experience in his best and favoured position, much the same as smalling at Utd he can play across the back 4 to his own detriment but Smalling looks the player most of us thought e was now playing in the centre. you never know we may have ourselves our own homegrown H&H mk2

Grimmer has pace and strength?? 
Looked like he lacked it to me, reguarly outpaced and too small for a centre half