Main Menu

Do we have a new shirt sponsor this season

Started by Ged, July 05, 2015, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 14, 2015, 02:49:13 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 14, 2015, 02:48:01 PM
The kit wont change now, to late in development before the start of the season. the kit is here just needs printing otherwise there would not have been the teasers

But the statement from the club explicitly states it's awaiting League sign off.

I imagine it's for the sponsor's placement, size and product (e.g. maybe if it's a gambling/alcohol brand, it may require more signoffs..). Just guessing though.

Which makes me ever the more hopeful that it'll be Fullers/London Pride
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 14, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
The kit wont change now, to late in development before the start of the season. the kit is here just needs printing otherwise there would not have been the teasers

But the statement from the club explicitly states it's awaiting League sign off.

I imagine it's for the sponsor's placement, size and product (e.g. maybe if it's a gambling/alcohol brand, it may require more signoffs..). Just guessing though.

Exactly - so if any of that changes then it may not look as good.  So if a boatload of fans pre-order it to then dislike the corrected design the club would have to deal with the blowback.  Ain't no one wanna deal with blowback!

Jolly Martin

How much longer is this going to take then? It seems as though all the other clubs have already released their new kits and ours is continually being pushed further and further back towards the start of the season.

SKSW6

HamsterWheel

Great news, a new sponsor means more cash. Dunno why everyone is so whiny about it !

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Jolly Martin on July 14, 2015, 02:54:04 PM
How much longer is this going to take then? It seems as though all the other clubs have already released their new kits and ours is continually being pushed further and further back towards the start of the season.

It's Airness all over again
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

Surely someone working at the club must have known the sponsor blah blah blah needed FA approval. So why commit to advertising to launch it on the 16th if they couldn't guarantee it? I promised my daughter I would take her to the club shop this weekend and buy her it but judging from the announcement that might be a waste of time now.

I wouldn't care so much even if the shirt wasnt launched until Christmas but don't tell us a date and attempt to tease with a collar then a sleeve, if you have no certainty it will even be launched then. Not taking away from the great news that we are getting a better sponsor, that can only be a good thing for the club but its the manner they have delayed it that is disappointing especially for kids who wont understand the reasons.

Lets hope it is as nice as we are hoping, when Fulham say something is exciting it usually isn't.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

I saw that but take that to be the sponsors logo and positioning not, the kit design otherwise it would take to long to get anew one sorted prior to the season. The club as I say have released teasers of the new kit already how silly would they look to then change it, am convinced it is about the sponsors logo etc, maybe also exploiting the option to have another printed logo on the shorts or back of the kit like some other teams have done in the past
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

The sign off by the league will nit be for the kit, more to do with signing off the sponsor logo,  size,  suitability,  that type of stuff.

MJG

The actual Kit is picked and signed off.

fulhamben

im hoping for the jacksonvile jags as our sponser, worth 100 million a year. with a choice of your favourite roar girl printed on the back.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
im hoping for the jacksonvile jags as our sponser, worth 100 million a year. with a choice of your favourite roar girl printed on the back.

I'm hoping for the auto parts business. They got more money.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 14, 2015, 03:42:56 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
yes but who wants a picture of brake pads on your back

I'm hoping for the auto parts business. They got more money.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TWFL

I don't really see the fuss. It's a kit. We'll see it eventually, just sounds like the club are trying to ensure we have a decent deal in place with a reputable sponsor. Can't complain really.

Bill2

Quote from: Ged on July 05, 2015, 12:01:34 PM
Any news on a sponsorship for this season or is it all being kept secret until signed
Hope it's Fullers London Pride myself
I hope it is and they will be selling it before the match and at half time.

f321ffc

Quote from: Bill2 on July 14, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
Any news on a sponsorship for this season or is it all being kept secret until signed

Selling it? As sponsors surly they should be giving it away at home games, now that's what I call sponsorship. :yay:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ged

Quote from: f321ffc on July 14, 2015, 05:59:36 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on July 14, 2015, 05:44:55 PM

Selling it? As sponsors surly they should be giving it away at home games, now that's what I call sponsorship. :yay:
I think if we paid Fullers about 1million a season that should cover it