watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How reliable is transfermarkt.co.uk

Started by Blanco, July 08, 2015, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

According to the website Ruiz went for just under £2 million. The fee was undisclosed so I'm not sure were they got that number from. McCormack was apparently bought for £8.3 million and Mitroglou for £10.6 million and loaned back for £2.5 million.

J.Perkins

It's been widely rumoured that the agreed transfer fee was €3m, so about £2m.

cmg

Personally, I find Transfermarkt an excellent source of general information. Once you get the hang of it cross-referencing players from all levels, all over Europe is easy. It is updated almost immediately for the top leagues and very soon for the more minor leagues.

I'm a little less enthusiastic about the financial side. The transfer fees are a matter of informed guesswork (as always) and seem to be reasonably close to some kind of truth. I find the player valuations baffling and tend to ignore them.

MJG

I think people take this site as more realistic on figures due to its random use of non flat figures. So instead of 2m it's 1.79m and fans think they have the inside track. When in reality it's all conversions from euros and guess work like anyone else.

Jamie88

Where does the guesswork come from though? Just through the figures quoted in transfer rumours?

Barrett487

They currently value Parker at £700,000.... that seems a lot to me.

MJG

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 08, 2015, 05:41:33 PM
Where does the guesswork come from though? Just through the figures quoted in transfer rumours?
Official figures released by clubs and exactly that.. Rumours or press reports.

rweller86

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 08, 2015, 06:09:14 PM
They currently value Parker at £700,000.... that seems a lot to me.
I would imagine it's based on his wages. One more year at £70k+ a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller