watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any FoFers in SE London? Catford?

Started by Huxley, July 09, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

Just moved from West London to Catford/Hither Green (down the the road from Lewisham). Take the train past Millwall everyday on my commute, which would be my local team i guess! What a hole! Will now take me 1.30 one way to get the cottage! Better be a good season. Anyone else nearby?

dannyboi-ffc

Live in Bexleyheath and work in Lewisham. Born in Guys Hospital and Millwall/ Charlton have always been my local clubs. I know the feeling about home games. Takes me 2 hours!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

Mother Burt lives in Blackheath, if that helps  :dft011:

millsy

I'm in Beckenham. Only 20 mins to Victoria then District to Putney Bridge and invigorating walk across the park, to watch us underperform!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HillingdonFFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on July 09, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
Just moved from West London to Catford/Hither Green (down the the road from Lewisham). Take the train past Millwall everyday on my commute, which would be my local team i guess! What a hole! Will now take me 1.30 one way to get the cottage! Better be a good season. Anyone else nearby?

1.30 ? Is that 1hr 30 mins, why, are you going to walk to the Cottage???

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2015, 04:20:33 PM

Thought that, done Hounslow to London Bridge in 40 mins for the Millwall game, South Bermondsey less than 10 mins away

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 09, 2015, 03:56:22 PM
Know one from Bermondsey

I am a Berm at heart. I went St Michaels school on Jamaica Road and my parents still live by the Shard. I had to move out to Bexleyheath cos of house prices. Where do you live then?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

Began supporting Fulham aged about 10/11 from Tulse Hill where I grew up, then West Norwood, though I no longer live in London.

My Dad took me to Craven Cottage the first few times - I think I'd been nagging him because I wanted to see top players, rather than Palace, a bus ride away, and who my family supported, but were then in the 4th Div -though they did have rising young star Johnny Byrne, later of England, West Ham and Fulham.

Anyway Dad took me a long way round - train from Tulse Hill to Wimbledon, then tube to Putney Bridge. Later, I used to go by train from West Norwood to Victoria, then tube; or bus to Brixton then tube -

it all seems amazingly quick looking back at it, given how far away I am now from  Fulham, and the difficulties and cost in getting to home games. When I lived in Glasgow I used to get the overnight bus on Friday, then the overnight bus back on the Saturday night - gruelling!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2015, 05:17:35 PM
Know one from Bermondsey

I am a Berm at heart. I went St Michaels school on Jamaica Road and my parents still live by the Shard. I had to move out to Bexleyheath cos of house prices. Where do you live then?

I live in Hillingdon, was saying I know a big Fulham fan from Bermondsey

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 09, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2015, 05:17:35 PM
Know one from Bermondsey

I live in Hillingdon, was saying I know a big Fulham fan from Bermondsey

My bad! I thought you was asking a question and spelt it wrong lol. I have connections to all of the posts above. Grew up by London Bridge and still class that area as home. Went to school in Bermondsey. First job was an apprentice carpenter and then qualified based behind Millwalls ground. Work in Lewisham and my bus drives through Blackheath so Burt tell your mum to look out for a 108 bus with a driver who has sweepy hair and a cheeky smile. Worked in Hither Green, Crystal Palace,
Catford and Beckingham as a chippy a lot of the time and I also drive the 225 and 171 from time to time which go to HitherGreen and Catford. My nan and Grandad live in Tulse Hill.

Basically I know South London like the back of my hand so Great Gatsby if you ever need a heads up on anything south east then I'm your man. Bit odd for a family of 4 generations of Fulham fans

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FPT

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2015, 04:20:33 PM

That's the life of a Fulham supporter on this side of the city! Has taken me two before when the park is packed and slow and the times don't align from getting off of the tube to trying to get a train. Awful considering it's simply South East to South West, midweek fixtures are the worst, I've gotten home past 12 before!

King_Crud

I live in Peckham, but my girlfriend is born and bred Catford/Hither Green. Lives near the cemetery up Verdant Lane

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: King_Crud on July 10, 2015, 12:04:39 PM
I live in Peckham, but my girlfriend is born and bred Catford/Hither Green. Lives near the cemetery up Verdant Lane

Where abouts? I used to live in Nunhead next to Peckham Rye before I moved out to Welling and then Bexley

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

King_Crud

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 10, 2015, 01:05:09 PM

Where abouts? I used to live in Nunhead next to Peckham Rye before I moved out to Welling and then Bexley

Near Queens Road station, but looking to move somewhere in the Nunhead/Honour Oak/Forest Hil area

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: King_Crud on July 10, 2015, 01:52:03 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 10, 2015, 01:05:09 PM

Near Queens Road station, but looking to move somewhere in the Nunhead/Honour Oak/Forest Hil area

I work at New Cross garage and occasionally drive the 36, 171 and 436. Nunhead is lovely. It is so weird going from Peckham High Street into Nunhead. Completely different worlds. Only reason we moved was because it was expensive. Its the perfect place in South London for a family and we miss it there. Honor Oak and Forest Hill are nice too but I would say Nunhead was the more sought after area. The one you want is Dulwich but it costs a bomb to live there even renting

Small world ay? I thought we were the only Fulham family in this side of London lol

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Vinnieffc

Along with Danny I also live in Bexleyheath. Moved here as my wife's from Charlton and all her mates are out this way. I moved to England as a kid and brought up Shepherds Bush / Hammersmith way, which is still home to me..

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 14, 2015, 10:54:58 AM
Dartford.

There's me thinking I was the only one out that way but your another one down the road. Where abouts? We looked at the Bridge development  when it was first built but we opted against it and moved to Bexleyheath instead. Didn't fancy the traffic every day being so close to the bridge/ tunnel, this was before dart charge came in but I still don't think I could handle the traffic

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]