watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jamie o'hara

Started by f321ffc, July 13, 2015, 10:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Anyone else think that he could be a real big player for us this season? I remember when we tried to buy him from Spurs some years back, £4million was mentioned.
I know his personal life took over from his football for a while   And Wolves fans really hate him but I  think he has now come back to earth and will grab his second chance, was outstanding for a very poor Blackpool last season,
Come on Jamie font let me down .  049:gif

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Jonaldiniho 88

I think he could be important we just have to hope now he is back down south he doesn't fall into old routines. I think he may start over Scotty but he could learn a hell of a lot from Parker on a professional level.

H4usuallysitting

If he gets game time and play's to his full potential, then he is a game changer

Wingnut

I agree that he could be a massive signing for us. Why did Wolves fans hate him so much?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

J.Perkins

Christensen and Cairney will be our starting offensive central mids, meaning O'Hara will be back up. A very decent back up that uis.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 13, 2015, 10:43:37 PM
Christensen and Cairney will be our starting offensive central mids, meaning O'Hara will be back up. A very decent back up that uis.

He could probably for fill a deeper role if nobody else came in. I still think tunnecliff has potential in that position but Ohara definitely has much better distribution skills.

Tooting legend

What makes you think Christensen and Cairney will be our 2 midfield players are you a member of the coaching staff No!!!!! If we play with 2 offensive midfielders we will get hammered simple. Yes Cairney but with either O'Hara or Parker with Christensen as a back up to Cairney.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 13, 2015, 11:11:09 PM
What makes you think Christensen and Cairney will be our 2 midfield players are you a member of the coaching staff No!!!!! If we play with 2 offensive midfielders we will get hammered simple. Yes Cairney but with either O'Hara or Parker with Christensen as a back up to Cairney.

I'm not agreeing with said line up but I think with the incoming signings it looks like we could play a 451 and with an extra body in midfield and lvc's legs and cover in the wid areas it looks decent enough. I'm not convinced by super Ross up front on his own but the differance between 451 and 433 is oftern hard to find.

FPT

I wrote this on Jamie O'Hara the day he signed: http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/07/welcoming-jamie-ohara/

What I will add is, against Aston Villa we lined up in a 442, which wouldn't be really conducive to both Christensen and Cairney in the middle of the park. I do see us shuffling Christensen onto the right hand side, with Tom Cairney (backed up by Jamie O'Hara or Christensen coming inwards) alongside a deeper central midfielder (Kevin McDonald, Scott Parker, Ryan Tunnicliffe). That's if we were to go for the 442.

Please do read the link above though, a positive look on the move.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

My brother's a Wolves supporter and says "We can have him, he only had one good season for us"
Different story with McDonald, he would be gutted.

Sour grapes Bruv  ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jonaldiniho 88

What it does seem is that Ohara likes playing in orange so we should probably keep some orange in the kit no?

Jack Fulham

Wolves fans dislike him as he was the big signing for them to kick on into mid table premier league but it didn't work out and he had problems on and off the field. I've always thought he had talent, maybe we can do some kind of Danny Murphy revival on him but the length of contract doesn't suggest he will be a key player.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tooting legend on July 13, 2015, 11:11:09 PM
really, lvc was immense for us last season a real match winner.cant see him being dropped. and if he is, then you have to question the powers that be who decided we should spend over 3 million on a position that was more than adequatly filled. especially when we are still so weak in other areas. kit will find room for both.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 13, 2015, 11:42:41 PM
Wolves fans dislike him as he was the big signing for them to kick on into mid table premier league but it didn't work out and he had problems on and off the field. I've always thought he had talent, maybe we can do some kind of Danny Murphy revival on him but the length of contract doesn't suggest he will be a key player.
the double relegation didnt help, and he gave the fans some stick after the final whistle in the last home game

St Eve

Quote from: f321ffc on July 13, 2015, 10:27:56 PM
Anyone else think that he could be a real big player for us this season? I remember when we tried to buy him from Spurs some years back, £4million was mentioned.
I know his personal life took over from his football for a while   And Wolves fans really hate him but I  think he has now come back to earth and will grab his second chance, was outstanding for a very poor Blackpool last season,
Come on Jamie font let me down .  049:gif

no but I really hope that I am wrong

EJL

Christensen as a backup? What am I reading?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: EJL on July 14, 2015, 12:05:57 AM

I'm sure he will be in contention to start pretty early on and if he performs like he did at his best he will not be on the bench. Obviously with a long time out of the team and IMO no clearly defined position it's hard to say where he will play or who he will be competing with. I think he could play a number of positions (attacking mid, central mid being his natural place for me) but with his legs he could be played deep or wide. That seems like a waste to me. I'd rather him play and start over Ohara and Parker as we won't get more than a year or two out of them whereas he could be our man for years. At least we have cover for him now as when he was injured we as a team seemed injured.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 14, 2015, 12:17:24 AM

I'm sure he will be in contention to start pretty early on and if he performs like he did at his best he will not be on the bench. Obviously with a long time out of the team and IMO no clearly defined position it's hard to say where he will play or who he will be competing with. I think he could play a number of positions (attacking mid, central mid being his natural place for me) but with his legs he could be played deep or wide. That seems like a waste to me. I'd rather him play and start over Ohara and Parker as we won't get more than a year or two out of them whereas he could be our man for years. At least we have cover for him now as when he was injured we as a team seemed injured.
like a crap version of me ;)

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 12:20:06 AM

I had you in mind mate. In fairness your lack of legs that you spoke of pre game didn't materialise. You ran the game. I mean you were running at most times in the game.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 14, 2015, 12:23:18 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 14, 2015, 12:20:06 AM

I had you in mind mate. In fairness your lack of legs that you spoke of pre game didn't materialise. You ran the game. I mean you were running at most times in the game.
running off the pitch. lvc will be the man next season.