Main Menu

New kit reveal delayed

Started by f321ffc, July 14, 2015, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Blanco

Funny how they make the delay sound so positive.

Baszab

Buffalo76

A lot of clubs unveil new kits at the end of the previous season yet we always seem to unveil ours on the ev of a new season. Joke.

ToodlesMcToot

Likely trying to get the best deal they can. FFP and all. Every pound counts.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

davew

Waiting for the Marks and Spencer sale to begin!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Northern Cottager

No one lined up it sounds like!

Seems like were always a bit behind others...

WestCountryWhite

I'm assuming our media department has a "master of spin" working in it these days.
How anyone can change a we have no one lined up to we are waiting for an exciting opportunity to do a synchronised firework launching extravaganza of a world class break the Internet launch is bonkers

davew

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 14, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
I'm assuming our media department has a "master of spin" working in it these days.
How anyone can change a we have no one lined up to we are waiting for an exciting opportunity to do a synchronised firework launching extravaganza of a world class break the Internet launch is bonkers
Because we are FFC!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

We already know the response by many of the fans when the kit is revealed. Like young girls when a new dress just isn't perfect.

The colour white isn't white enough, The logo is too big/too small on the shirt. They are rubbish, sponsor is rubbish, I don't like the socks, the shirt is too tight, I prefer it in Chiffon.

Jeez people it is a white shirt and black shorts. With a name of a company on it. Who gives a flying.....
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

valdeingruo

Not to say I don't want the club to get the best deal, but wouldn't it be great if the shirt based off our 1975 final had no sponsor? Just a white front, like it used to be.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 14, 2015, 11:59:33 PM
We already know the response by many of the fans when the kit is revealed. Like young girls when a new dress just isn't perfect.

The colour white isn't white enough, The logo is too big/too small on the shirt. They are rubbish, sponsor is rubbish, I don't like the socks, the shirt is too tight, I prefer it in Chiffon.

Jeez people it is a white shirt and black shorts. With a name of a company on it. Who gives a flying.....

The wrong badge
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

valdeingruo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 15, 2015, 12:10:19 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 14, 2015, 11:59:33 PM

The wrong badge

Theres a thread undone on the bottom hem of the shirt?  Even though I just proved Lighthouse's point immediately after he posted it.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Roberty

Looking to see what happened when city put their owners logo on their shirts and how much they were allowed to pay
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

f321ffc

"As one of the most important parts of a sponsor's association with any football club is its place on the front of the shirt that the fans wear, the Club has decided that to give maximum impact to the new sponsor's official partnering announcement, that it is going to delay the unveiling of next season's new kit until a unilateral reveal can take place."
I suspect that someone at the club has made an almighty b@11@x up of this and were expecting Marathon Bet  to take up the  1 year option, now they are chasing a new sponsor and no deal is complete yet hence the delay. 096.gig
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

alexbishop

Quote from: f321ffc on July 15, 2015, 08:41:52 AM
"As one of the most important parts of a sponsor’s association with any football club is its place on the front of the shirt that the fans wear, the Club has decided that to give maximum impact to the new sponsor’s official partnering announcement, that it is going to delay the unveiling of next season’s new kit until a unilateral reveal can take place."
I suspect that someone at the club has made an almighty b@11@x up of this and were expecting Marathon Bet  to take up the  1 year option, now they are chasing a new sponsor and no deal is complete yet hence the delay. 096.gig

I believe we had the option, not Marathon Bet
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

cookieg

I remember when you didn't know if we had changed our kit until the first game of the season. How uncomplicated life used to be!  092.gif

Burt

Worst things are happening in the world today so I can't get overly het up over this one...

Although if Pizza Hut re-emerged as our sponsor then I would put that on a par with what is happening in Greece  :dft011:

bill taylors apprentice

Of course this is all so trivial in the grand scheme of things BUT!

Its another poorly managed bit of business from the club, regardless of whats going on and who's fault it is, it looks amateurish at the very least.

cookieg

Maybe the new sponsor is currently in a sponsorship deal until the end of July and has to wait before an announcement being made. Does anyone on this board know for sure what is happening? Probably not but it is very easy to lay into the club for poor mamangement etc etc.