watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker - Question?

Started by McBride78, July 19, 2015, 03:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBride78

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/key-fulham-man-ruled-out-of-cardiff-opener

So here is a question.  Pending how long his rehab takes, if we start the season well with a midfield with some combination of Cairney, LVC, Pringle, Kaka, Hyndman, or Ohara, or additional signings not here (McDonald)......Does Parker find his way back into the starting squad or do we stay with what is working?

FPT

I don't think Scott Parker will be a regular starter for us at any point this season, and wouldn't have been without his injury either. He'll turn 35 years old in October, and he can't cope with regular Championship football. He's valuable to have around the squad as the old guiding dog of the changing room and could start sporadically when games pile up and suspensions/knocks come into play. I think this will be the final year of Scott Parker's career as I can't see nobody wanting him for his current wage packet, unless he cuts his wages and signs some form of player-coach contract.

For me, Scott Parker doesn't come into the conversation when picking a starting eleven, though there's a special spot on the bench for him - useful for seeing out games and resting a pair of legs. I'll be surprised if he starts more than 10-15 matches for us next season - and that's probably the way it should be.

fulhamben

Quote from: McBride78 on July 19, 2015, 03:51:48 PM
http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/key-fulham-man-ruled-out-of-cardiff-opener

So here is a question.  Pending how long his rehab takes, if we start the season well with a midfield with some combination of Cairney, LVC, Pringle, Kaka, Hyndman, or Ohara, or additional signings not here (McDonald)......Does Parker find his way back into the starting squad or do we stay with what is working?
forgetting my php connection for one minute, even if it were not parker, say ross for instance, then you wouldnt drop dembele for a returning ross, if dembele had just scored ten in fifteen. doesnt matter who the player, if your replacent is doing well then you cant drop them, no matter who it is for. now back to the php, i dont think parker is good enough to start over our other players even if fit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

DevonFFC

Parker is here merely now to mentor the youngsters,  he is doing is coaching badges while he is here and I would hope after he does hangup his boots be will stay on as a coach

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: ollienixs on July 19, 2015, 04:40:37 PM
Parker is here merely now to mentor the youngsters,  he is doing is coaching badges while he is here and I would hope after he does hangup his boots be will stay on as a coach

only if he is a good coach though. im sure he has a wealth of knowledge to pass down, but if he cant get his message across then he is no good to us. there must be hundreds of players with vast experience doing badges, they cant all end up as good coaches

DevonFFC

Well that or punditry I'm guessing

Fulham 442

With Parker not playing much next season, or maybe going to Bournemouth although I can't see that given the alleged salary he is on at FFC, who will be our Captain?  Ross would be my choice.

MJG

Never been a fan of strikers as captain and there is something in Ross's make up that doesn't sit well with me to being captain.
But yes I think he will be made that if Parker does not start,  followed by the likes of it Burn,  Bodrouv and Tunniclffe who took over yesterday.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 19, 2015, 06:35:33 PM
With Parker not playing much next season, or maybe going to Bournemouth although I can't see that given the alleged salary he is on at FFC, who will be our Captain?  Ross would be my choice.

they will do that club captain, match day captain thing again. Was it Melville the last non playing captain?  And yes Ross wouldn't be a bad choice

Fulham 442

Never been a fan of strikers as captain and there is something in Ross's make up that doesn't sit well with me to being captain.
But yes I think he will be made that if Parker does not start,  followed by the likes of it Burn,  Bodrouv and Tunniclffe who took over yesterday.

One word - McBride!!

PaulJ123

He shouldn't play, espeically if we're using 2 CMs. If it were 3, the other 2 could perhaps cover his lack of mobility.

Mccormack should be captain.

hovewhite

Maybe keep scotty as club captain .As team captain I'm not sure myself but kit I think it would be ross.

FPT

Parker will be club captain, which is right - for the general captain duties, he's a great representation for Fulham. I'm not too bothered about the actual armband, real leaders do not need an armband.

Ross, I feel, would be better without the burden. He needs to focus on his game, which is putting the ball in the back of the net or being involved in a move leading to the ball being in the back of the net.

Our squad does lack leaders with this questions raised, Dan Burn comes to mind but he's not guaranteed to start. Nikolay Bodurov held the armband against Aston Villa (when Burn was on the field) but I'm not convinced he can speak English as I've never seen his mouth open to talk or his arms move to direct his team mates.

Jack Grimmer and Liam Donnelly showed captains potential at youth levels, and Emerson Hyndman was the US U20 captain at the World Cup - not that I'm suggesting any of these to be our new club captain.

Ross probably gets the armband purely for being the most captain like personality, but I wouldn't mind it going to the goalkeeper (I'm not fussed on position) whether it's Bettinelli or Lonergan. I don't like the title of captain going to a new signing, but it is slim pickings from our current bunch - and we've stumbled upon another sign as to why we failed last season beyond the oh so evil diamond - and we lacked leaders (and still do).

mike_corkcity12

Marcus Betnelli would do a good job of captain I feel.