watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta..

Started by Mokes, July 24, 2015, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

Anyone know what happened to him? I haven't seen him in any of the pictures, I didn't hear anything about him getting injured, sold or mutually agreeing a split or anything. Venezuela are not playing any national team games either..

Last I saw of him he was stamping on some poor Peruvian lad's knee cap and adding another red card to his extensive collection.

I thought he had some ridiculously long contract until 2017 or something, but could we finally have seen the back of him?

bog

Hope he has gone back to Venezuela.

092.gif 

westcliff white

I thought he had more time off as he had been playing for his country
Every day is a Fulham day

Andy S

I have to say that I have never rated him and won't be sad if he has gone

Chutney

Surplus to requirements
C O Y W

Mokes

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2015, 08:54:14 PM
I thought he had more time off as he had been playing for his country

That was like a month ago.. Surely if he was going to feature for us at all this season, kit would want him involved in the friendlies. Even Mitroglou is getting a run around.

filham

Lovebite has probably gone to look for Parker.

westcliff white

Parker has not recovered from his op. I thought amore only finished two weeks ago hence the longer rest
Every day is a Fulham day

Mokes

Venezuela played their last game on the 21st of June (a game which Amore was suspended for). It just seems weird he would be on extended holidays when preparation for the season is in full swing!

MJG, you know stuff. Any news?

Jonaldiniho 88

I know he is a liability but i actually wouldn't mind him at LB. He has a great cross and he tries to dominate who he is marking. That does tend to get him sent off but if he could reign it in a bit he would be the best we currently have. Marginally. I would prefer we get someone better and get him off the wage bill but if we don't I'd give him a go. A few good perform ages and we may get a fee for him.

RaySmith

I think he is a good player, but a bit of a liability re getting unnecessary cards, and maybe Kit has issues with this.

I don't expect him to play for us again-but maybe I'm wrong.

Twig

Garbutt's loan renders him surplus to requirements (if he wasn't already).

Wimbledon_White

Riverside

Until we sign a CB I see him behind Burn and Bod but ahead of Hutch and Burgess even would his red card potential !

Which really means the last position we HAVE to sign is a CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craven Mad

I reckon we've found somewhere for him and just need to get the deal done.

He's always been an absolute liability, but I'd still rather him than Bod.

If he goes, at least we'll shift Amore's reportedly large wages and hopefully get a £750k+ fee too.

Mokes

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 11:30:14 AM

If he goes, at least we'll shift Amore's reportedly large wages and hopefully get a £750k+ fee too.

Prefer him to Bod.... Really?

Did you watch the first half of the relegation season? He is one of the more dire centre backs I have ever seen. Most people agree that he has done better since he was moved to Full-back but that's hardly a surprise as he couldn't get any worse.

I'd even go as far to say as I would still feel safer about a game with Dan Burn playing Full-back over Amore. Yes I saw the Stoke game.

In all but one game for Fulham, Amore has been a complete disaster.

I think I'd even prefer Kit himself to lace up his boots and start over Fernando.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Mokes on July 25, 2015, 12:02:27 PM

Did you watch the first half of the relegation season? He is one of the more dire centre backs I have ever seen. Most people agree that he has done better since he was moved to Full-back but that's hardly a surprise as he couldn't get any worse.

I'd even go as far to say as I would still feel safer about a game with Dan Burn playing Full-back over Amore. Yes I saw the Stoke game.

I think I'd even prefer Kit himself to lace up his boots and start over Fernando.

Amore might have been a part of the defence when we were relegated from the Prem, but with Bod at the back we were nearly relegated from the Championship.

Amore makes at least one rash decision each game; Bod makes at least ten thoughtless decisions each game.

When I was at school, one of the first things we were taught was defenders shouldn't square a ball across the face of goal when quick strikers are around. It's a basic concept that Bod continually fails to consider and it's cost us so many times.

He also leaves too much space between his CB partner, he takes too long on the ball, allows the player he's marking to get goal-side, makes clumsy challenges, offers no aerial presence, he's slow, has a rubbish passing range.

Amore is rash but does show glimpses of quality, has a good passing range and knows how to win a header.

So yeah, it's really an argument about who's worse than who's better, but, from worst to best: Bod, Amore, Hutch, Burn.

Tonywa

I'd most certainly rather have Amorebieta in the centre than either Bodurov or Hutchinson .

Mokes

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 12:13:07 PM

Amore might have been a part of the defence when we were relegated from the Prem, but with Bod at the back we were nearly relegated from the Championship.

Amore makes at least one rash decision each game; Bod makes at least ten thoughtless decisions each game.

When I was at school, one of the first things we were taught was defenders shouldn't square a ball across the face of goal when quick strikers are around. It's a basic concept that Bod continually fails to consider and it's cost us so many times.

He also leaves too much space between his CB partner, he takes too long on the ball, allows the player he's marking to get goal-side, makes clumsy challenges, offers no aerial presence, he's slow, has a rubbish passing range.

Amore is rash but does show glimpses of quality, has a good passing range and knows how to win a header.

So yeah, it's really an argument about who's worse than who's better, but, from worst to best: Bod, Amore, Hutch, Burn.

When I was at school, one of the first things we were taught was our positions. When I was about 17, I took over as coach of my friends little brothers under 7's team. Even they were able to grasp the concept of where a defender is supposed to be when the other team is attacking. Between the player with the ball and the goal. Amores positional sense is akin to an over 45's pub team.

Bod definitely has had a few shockers, but he has also had a few great games, early on he was even a bit of a fan favourite. Burn and Hutch were having their bad spells and Bod was keeping us alive. If we played last season with Amore in the starting team instead of Bod, we would be talking about going on away trips to Bury or Shrewsbury town this season.... The only good thing he has ever done for Fulham was in a Middlesborough shirt.

Anyway, I'm starting to sound sound like one of the constant moaners, lets hope Garbutt shreds and Dunk signs.

callumc513

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 12:13:07 PM

Wait, whaaat?

Bod was our best defender last year.