https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta..

Started by Mokes, July 24, 2015, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Mokes on July 25, 2015, 12:02:27 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 11:30:14 AM
I reckon we've found somewhere for him and just need to get the deal done.

He's always been an absolute liability, but I'd still rather him than Bod.

If he goes, at least we'll shift Amore's reportedly large wages and hopefully get a £750k+ fee too.

Prefer him to Bod.... Really?

Did you watch the first half of the relegation season? He is one of the more dire centre backs I have ever seen. Most people agree that he has done better since he was moved to Full-back but that's hardly a surprise as he couldn't get any worse.

I'd even go as far to say as I would still feel safer about a game with Dan Burn playing Full-back over Amore. Yes I saw the Stoke game.

In all but one game for Fulham, Amore has been a complete disaster.

I think I'd even prefer Kit himself to lace up his boots and start over Fernando.

I've never quite understood this dislike of Amo.

imo he's is far better than the likes of Kavanagh.
He's not brilliant but he is reasonably strong and solid.
I was under the impression that LB is not his preferred position either, but I may be mistaken.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: callumc513 on July 25, 2015, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 25, 2015, 12:13:07 PM

If he goes, at least we'll shift Amore's reportedly large wages and hopefully get a £750k+ fee too.

Did you watch the first half of the relegation season? He is one of the more dire centre backs I have ever seen. Most people agree that he has done better since he was moved to Full-back but that's hardly a surprise as he couldn't get any worse.

I'd even go as far to say as I would still feel safer about a game with Dan Burn playing Full-back over Amore. Yes I saw the Stoke game.

I think I'd even prefer Kit himself to lace up his boots and start over Fernando.

Amore might have been a part of the defence when we were relegated from the Prem, but with Bod at the back we were nearly relegated from the Championship.

Amore makes at least one rash decision each game; Bod makes at least ten thoughtless decisions each game.

When I was at school, one of the first things we were taught was defenders shouldn't square a ball across the face of goal when quick strikers are around. It's a basic concept that Bod continually fails to consider and it's cost us so many times.

He also leaves too much space between his CB partner, he takes too long on the ball, allows the player he's marking to get goal-side, makes clumsy challenges, offers no aerial presence, he's slow, has a rubbish passing range.

Amore is rash but does show glimpses of quality, has a good passing range and knows how to win a header.

So yeah, it's really an argument about who's worse than who's better, but, from worst to best: Bod, Amore, Hutch, Burn.

Wait, whaaat?

Bod was our best defender last year.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Really?
I think you'l find that was Turner followed by Husband.
imo

callumc513

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 25, 2015, 06:09:21 PM

Amore might have been a part of the defence when we were relegated from the Prem, but with Bod at the back we were nearly relegated from the Championship.

Amore makes at least one rash decision each game; Bod makes at least ten thoughtless decisions each game.

When I was at school, one of the first things we were taught was defenders shouldn't square a ball across the face of goal when quick strikers are around. It's a basic concept that Bod continually fails to consider and it's cost us so many times.

He also leaves too much space between his CB partner, he takes too long on the ball, allows the player he's marking to get goal-side, makes clumsy challenges, offers no aerial presence, he's slow, has a rubbish passing range.

Amore is rash but does show glimpses of quality, has a good passing range and knows how to win a header.

So yeah, it's really an argument about who's worse than who's better, but, from worst to best: Bod, Amore, Hutch, Burn.

Wait, whaaat?

imo

We didn't have either of them for long enough to say that, IMO.

hovewhite

Amore I don't think I have watched the real one and he is and one imposter and it seems all of our CBs are not very good.

Skatzoffc

Wait, whaaat?

imo

Sorry Callum.
8-)

That's pretty much the point I'm making.
Our defense was truly shocking last year (no matter how many times we tried different lineups), until we got the loan signings in.

Now we are back to square one I fear.
Imo, we desperately need a LB to replace Kavanagh and CB of quality to work alongside Burn.

COYW!
Quote from: callumc513 on July 25, 2015, 07:44:21 PM

Wait, whaaat?

imo

We didn't have either of them for long enough to say that, IMO.

Sorry Callum.
8-)

That's pretty much the point I'm making.

Our defensive capabilities were truly shocking last season, (no matter how many times we changed it), until we got the loan signings in.

Imo, we desperately need a LB for the Kavanagh spot and a CB of quality to partner Burn.

COYW!

Bronaldinho

Amore is our best ball-playing defender I feel. Technically he is very talented, but as we've seen he does have a nasty streak.

He has played at LB a lot, but this isn't his preferred position. Come the start of the season and he hasn't got another club, he could well be starting alongside Burn.

We'll see..
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Mokes

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 27, 2015, 08:52:15 AM
Amore is our best ball-playing defender I feel. Technically he is very talented, but as we've seen he does have a nasty streak.

He has played at LB a lot, but this isn't his preferred position. Come the start of the season and he hasn't got another club, he could well be starting alongside Burn.

We'll see..

So where is he now? Venezuela's last Copa game was over a month ago, and our season starts in 14 days.

He wasn't injured when he was walking down the tunnel after his red card against Peru. Surely he's not still on holidays? The guy is barely fit enough to be a professional footballer as it is (if he was, he would be capable of getting back into position) Surely if he was going to play any part in our season he would be involved in the pre season.

Our best ball playing defender? He plays the opponents ankle/shin/kneecap more often than the ball.

Domino 1879

Wasn't there rumours of an 'altercation' on the training ground?  Alledgedly slapped one of the younsters?

Ron91

I think Bod is one of our best CB. Amore should just leave not doubting his ability but some players and clubs were just not ment to be. Please bring in Dunk! In addition loan someone like Jason Denayer who is young and hungry at Man City would be awesome!

ClarksOriginal

In terms of Amore. He should be back sooner rather than later after the Copa America with Venezuela. Although, he did pick up an injury during the tournament, so could still be recovering from that.

There has been news coming out of Spain over the past few months linking him to clubs such as Granada, Malaga. As someone that actively follows Athletic Club as has done for a few years now, it's plain to see that we haven't got the best out of him, which is a crying shame. But as someone above said - some players just don't fit.

My two cents on Bodurov is that he falls into the category of a CB that has poor positioning but his willingness to put his body on the line seems to gloss over it. Which is something that the British football audiences seem to love, rather than technical ability. There are plenty of occasions in a single game that he has been caught out. Definitely not our best centre-back, Hutchinson for me is very underrated. But agree with the Turner shout, and it's a shame we haven't got him permanently.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Jonaldiniho 88

I feel like a broken record but our back four consisting of any of our players from last season could do much better with better training. I'm not slagging any of the coaches or kit off and some players are obviously easier to train (the better ones clearly but I play with people of various talent and some less talented understand a system better than the more talented). I would love one or two quality CB's but worry with the seeming lack of improvement last season it won't be much better. A real leader would be a big step forward but I've always felt dan burn fits that bill.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 27, 2015, 06:10:41 PM
I feel like a broken record but our back four consisting of any of our players from last season could do much better with better training. I'm not slagging any of the coaches or kit off and some players are obviously easier to train (the better ones clearly but I play with people of various talent and some less talented understand a system better than the more talented). I would love one or two quality CB's but worry with the seeming lack of improvement last season it won't be much better. A real leader would be a big step forward but I've always felt dan burn fits that bill.

I agree.
Burn has great attitude and commitment.
imo, we should keep him but get someone experienced alongside to bring him along.

COYW!

God The Mechanic

Other than the defensive side our defenders are AWFUL with the ball at their feet. The game on Saturday was absolutely terrifying whenever they had the ball, it was either a hoof, an aimless mid range pass or an obnoxiously overhit simple pass. Unless that gets sorted we will constantly find ourselves in trouble when any of them get pressed whilst in possession.