https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dwight Gayle

Started by Tonywa, August 03, 2015, 09:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron91

Quote from: FPT on August 03, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 03, 2015, 02:23:39 PM
Don't really see the excitement of Gayle. Average to poor goalscoring record.

It's not that bad in all reality. 12 goals in 18 Premier League starts for Crystal Palace, he's largely being a substitute, and in his 8 games that he started up top last season, he scored 4 and grabbed an assist.

13 goals in 29 Championship games in his sole season in this division, for the team dead last. That's also after joining following 3 months in League Two, being a non-league player before then.

I think his pace, hunger, dynamism, penetration as well as his natural goalscoring ability will serve well in our squad - and he'll be much better for his experience of the highest level - I think this'll be a case of Premier League 'trash' becoming Championship treasure.

Was about to say the same!! Spot on.  I think under the understanding Trog will go (hope not) I would be delighted having Ross and Gayle upfront. I have watched Gayle play so many times and think he is class and Palace are making a mistake. For somebody who has started not many games he was there top goalscorer in all comp last 2 seasons for palace. In addition his hat trick in preseason against Barnet I think showed his free kicks and finishing is very good. Hope we wrap this one up and include a future fee if his loan is successful.

Craven Mad

Gayle wasn't in the squad for Palace's final friendly today against Dagenham & Redbridge.

EDIT: Just seen that Fraizer Campbell got injured in that game after 10 minutes. That might prove a stumbling block to any possible Gayle deal, particularly if Murray is being sold to Bournemouth (as is rumoured)... Fingers crossed it's not a major injury.

FPT

I don't think Frazier Campbell's injury will affect a move for Dwight Gayle, Palace still have Bamford, Wickham and Murray - add Chamakh to the mix. That's four other strikers, so I'm sure they can wait for Campbell to return.

WONKYTONKY

i lived in Croydon for a long time so most of my mates are Palace. All are baffled by the idea that Gayle might go out on loan. They rate him next to Bollasie as fans favourite player. I don't think its a move that any palace support want to see happen.

I am going to be so happy if it does come off. Having watched an earlier Eagles friendly this pre-season; he has stocked up a bit and kept his pace. He would be unreal in the Championship. Finishing looked unbelievably sharp.

Bronaldinho

His hat-trick in pre-season just shows how good he is.

Makes anything happen.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Skatzoffc

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2015, 10:13:00 AM
Quote from: Tonywa on August 03, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
Must say that if one of our current strikers is to depart, then I would think Smith the more expendable despite his attributes.

Can't agree, at the end of last season the Smith/Ross combination were creating goal scoring opportunities a good number of which were being taken. If we let smith go and we hit a goal drought we will all regret it.

:plus one:

For me the only time Ross doesn't come deep is when Smith plays.
Smith sets Ross up for chances with his knock downs.

KS has never seemed to spot this imo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !