watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dwight Gayle

Started by Tonywa, August 03, 2015, 09:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

If the rumours are true and Dwight Gayle is set to join us on loan it would seem logical that Mitroglu or Dembele are on their way out, unless Smith is on his way.  What do others think?

Fulham Tup North

...or maybe we are going to play 3-3-4??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

westcliff white

I have heard smith is off to Barnsley or Bristol city, think i read that on this board somewhere
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Just because we sign a player it doesn't mean we don't need the others
C O Y W

Tonywa

Must say that if one of our current strikers is to depart, then I would think Smith the more expendable despite his attributes.

filham

Quote from: Tonywa on August 03, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
Must say that if one of our current strikers is to depart, then I would think Smith the more expendable despite his attributes.

Can't agree, at the end of last season the Smith/Ross combination were creating goal scoring opportunities a good number of which were being taken. If we let smith go and we hit a goal drought we will all regret it.

RaySmith

Yes, why the downer on Smith when he did so well for us last season, and in partnership with Ross at Leeds.

alexbishop

Taggart back to Aus
Dembele off to France
(Mitro off if buyer can be found, otherwise stays)

Smith to stay.

So:

Ross
Gayle
Woodrow
Smith
(Mitro)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

rusty shackleford

As mentioned in another thread there, Gayle has followed Fulham FC Physio Abz Benco on twitter. Good sign?

mike_corkcity12

Don't really see the excitement of Gayle. Average to poor goalscoring record.

Nick Bateman

Fulham are not in the position to be loaning out players.  We need the biggest squad to make a successful push to promotion.

The last time is was assumed Mitroglou would solve our problems, we allowed Berbatov to go out on loan, and Mitroglou got inured!

Loaning out is merely to save the club a little bit of money (loan clubs rarely pay the full salary of the players), and our multi-billionaire owner does not need the extra few shekels.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Horse

Obviously Mitroglou will go as soon as we get an offer. He's not in the squad because he wants to be or because Fulham have decided to keep him, he's in the squad cause noone has made an offer.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 03, 2015, 09:41:40 AM

2-3-5 (in Mirror Football style)

Betts

BURN BABY BURN - SLAM DUNK

LVC - O'Hara - Cairney

KAKA 2.0 - Gayle - #KeepTheGreek - Ross - Salt+Vinegar
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 03, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Betts

LVC - O'Hara - Cairney

Good stuff. Positive attacking football :)

Ordar

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 03, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Betts

LVC - O'Hara - Cairney

Not much pace at the back there ;)

FPT

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 03, 2015, 02:23:39 PM

It's not that bad in all reality. 12 goals in 18 Premier League starts for Crystal Palace, he's largely being a substitute, and in his 8 games that he started up top last season, he scored 4 and grabbed an assist.

13 goals in 29 Championship games in his sole season in this division, for the team dead last. That's also after joining following 3 months in League Two, being a non-league player before then.

I think his pace, hunger, dynamism, penetration as well as his natural goalscoring ability will serve well in our squad - and he'll be much better for his experience of the highest level - I think this'll be a case of Premier League 'trash' becoming Championship treasure.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FPT on August 03, 2015, 05:09:51 PM

It's not that bad in all reality. 12 goals in 18 Premier League starts for Crystal Palace, he's largely being a substitute, and in his 8 games that he started up top last season, he scored 4 and grabbed an assist.

13 goals in 29 Championship games in his sole season in this division, for the team dead last. That's also after joining following 3 months in League Two, being a non-league player before then.

I think his pace, hunger, dynamism, penetration as well as his natural goalscoring ability will serve well in our squad - and he'll be much better for his experience of the highest level - I think this'll be a case of Premier League 'trash' becoming Championship treasure.

Was just about to post something like this, thanks for doing so. Gayle is fantastic and would be a sound signing for us. He's got the pace we desperately need and has never really had a poor season so-to-speak. If we lose Mitro I don't see why Gayle couldn't play out behind Ross or vice versa, with Taggart and/or Smith being valuable subs or replacements.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

grandad

When he has played against us he tore us to pieces with his pace. That is what some have wanted isn´t it. Pace in attack.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cmg

Quote from: FPT on August 03, 2015, 05:09:51 PM

Gayle is a (slightly) interesting example of how raw numbers have to be handled carefully.

At first glance his appearances/goals seem to indicate that he has found it more difficult to score as he has risen in the leagues:
PL -        48 appearances        12 goals
Champ - 29       "                   13    "
Lg 1     - 18       "                     7    "

However, as he was used quite sparingly in the PL, his minutes/goal give exactly the opposite picture:
PL -         166'/goal
Champ     197'/goal
Lg 1         202'/goal

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: grandad on August 03, 2015, 05:22:54 PM
When he has played against us he tore us to pieces with his pace. That is what some have wanted isn´t it. Pace in attack.
Spot on grandad, we are shown up for a lack of pace and there is nothing defenders hate more!