more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting X1

Started by rusty shackleford, July 25, 2015, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Looks close to what may actually start in the league

Starting XI: Lonergan, Richards, Hutchinson, Burn, Kavanagh, Christensen, O'Hara, Cairney, McCormack, Pringle, Smith.
Substitutes: Bettinelli, Bodurov, Kačaniklić, Voser, Tunnicliffe, Dembèlè.

rusty shackleford

That defence is scary though

Mokes

Still no Mitroglou, I guess it really is over.

Bassey the warrior

westcliff white

Quote from: Mokes on July 25, 2015, 02:45:26 PM
If that was the case he would have stayed in London, he only has 2 weeks of training from what I understand where as the others have had a month.

More will be known for Cardiff I reckon, if not on the bench at least then yes would seem over, as if he hasn't gone by then we should use him if he is fit.
Every day is a Fulham day

Black, White and Fred

This is kind of our starting XI now isn't it? Maybe with the exception of Betts starting. That said Garbutt would likely be in for Kav and god willing Dunk in for Hutch.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

Hardly done any training so maybe not up to match fitness.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

alexbishop

Richards at RB still bothers me. Left back we have filled which is fine. We need two new CBs ideally.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: alexbishop on July 25, 2015, 03:01:00 PM
Richards at RB still bothers me. Left back we have filled which is fine. We need two new CBs ideally.

I reckon just the one CB. Dan Burn is fine at this level, just needs someone alongside him with experience and some proper coaching
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

St Eve

MJG

Quote from: St Eve on July 25, 2015, 03:06:13 PM
Where is Cauley?
Played last game

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

FPT

It's what I expected, and it probably is our best starting eleven. Betts played 90 minutes for the "B team" against Hertha Berlin, so no surprise that Andy Lonergan starts today - the interesting thing is the actual battle to be the first choice goalkeeper. Luke Garbutt will probably stay in London, as I'm sure we'll go back to Austria tomorrow or Monday and will take over from Sean Kavanagh for the Crystal Palace match. As I see it, it really is waiting for the quality centre back to come in and we can say we've done our needed business. Then it's looking at some players to give us more competition and options in different places - like Kevin McDonald to compete with Jamie O'Hara, maybe a right sided winger to be another 'guaranteed' option if need be rather than Larnell Cole. You could even argue that a striker is needed given three of our five are unproven and one of the other two is potentially best place as a plan B.

Our squad is in good shape given the amount of business we've had to do, and although the centre back situation is growing a little frustrating, I'm still happy with where we currently are and hope to watch another good, fluid performance this afternoon.

Northern Cottager

If we don' sign some CB's then the other recruitment would seem to be nullified. Kavanagh should also be nowhere near the starting 11, IMO.

alexbishop

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 25, 2015, 03:03:50 PM

I reckon just the one CB. Dan Burn is fine at this level, just needs someone alongside him with experience and some proper coaching
Yes but if Burn or new CB gets injured? Our cover is terrible. Need one new guaranteed starter and someone perhaps with experience for cover.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: alexbishop on July 25, 2015, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 25, 2015, 03:03:50 PM

Yes but if Burn or new CB gets injured? Our cover is terrible. Need one new guaranteed starter and someone perhaps with experience for cover.

Now I see where you're coming from, yeah that makes sense. I thought you wanted two new starting CB's, which would mean an entirely new back 4 compared to last year (back 5 if Lonegran beats Betts out)

Chesh

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2015, 02:51:22 PM
If that was the case he would have stayed in London, he only has 2 weeks of training from what I understand where as the others have had a month.

More will be known for Cardiff I reckon, if not on the bench at least then yes would seem over, as if he hasn't gone by then we should use him if he is fit.

I reckon he's being geared up to be involved against Palace.....
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Chesh

Quote from: The Moose on July 25, 2015, 02:46:11 PM
Betts should start.

Why?

I thought all last season we could do with a stronger keeper,.

He might make the odd good save, but the Middlesbrough home game was the straw that broke the camels back for me in terms of needing stong competition for him.

Don't doubt he could be a good keeper in a few years, but at the moment, who's to say Lonergan doesn't show the better all round qualities at present?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Ordar

Poor goal to concede. We've been extremely poor first half. Offering nothing at all going forward.

Northern Cottager

This is dreadful to watch. I know it's a friendly but defensively we'd be better off with Zat Knight partnered by Mr Bean. Just looks shoddy and disorganised.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Ordar on July 25, 2015, 04:09:43 PM
Poor goal to concede. We've been extremely poor first half. Offering nothing at all going forward.

It was a nonsense decision though. No way shape or form was that a backpass