News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Haynes Place no more - welcome to MOZZO Coffee place..!

Started by LBNo11, July 25, 2015, 08:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Can appreciate it would have held memories for people but times change and this is just one of those things.

FPT

C'mon guys, really?

I get your view point Danny, and the others bothered by the move - but it's not like we've removed the statue and renamed the stand for AirAsia. I do wonder how much money a coffee shop will actually make us, so it is a little weird to have it branded, and how much will we get for having a Mozzo Coffee in our ground?

Is it important? I don't think so, Haynes still has a stand named for him and a statue outside the ground. What if Mozzo Coffee is our new sponsor, hence the coffee shop? I don't know.

I'm not sure it really matters in general, I don't see it as a bastardisation of the club. Maybe it'll be really nice? Open longer on match days? Give us significantly more cash? I'm not from that way (as I know nor are you Danny) so I can't really pop in to the cafe on a Saturday morning or whatever. It just feels like one of those things to me.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 25, 2015, 10:32:22 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 25, 2015, 10:08:18 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 25, 2015, 09:51:47 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 25, 2015, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 25, 2015, 09:38:56 PM
Out of all those outraged, who ACTUALLY went to the cafe when it was called Haynes Cafe?!

Many times over the years, it was very peaceful and charming inside. Going there on non match days when there was no noise or commotion was a great experience but the fact it was the Haynes Café is why I went to it. I don't even like coffee and I certainly wont go there now

Why not? Cos it isn't called Haynes? How incredibly pathetic.

Listen don't make this personal. You do what you gotta do and I will do what I gotta do. Whether I go in there or not will not affect you, will it?

I don't appreciate being called pathetic because I held fond memories of a café I used to attend with my late Grandad. Yes the novelty of being in a place dedicated to a Fulham legend had a special appeal to me and now Mozzo the coffee man has taken away a little piece of Fulham that reminded me of those times. It is no doubt completely different inside now and wont be the same.

Is that ok with you sir?

No need to take it personally. It was a comment on an attitude, not you as a person. I don't know you so don't take it personally.

Anyway, I am at least going to see if Mozzo Cafe has anything to offer to the Matchday experience before I dismiss it.

Apologies to have offended you. Not my intention. I didn't realise calling something pâthetic would be taken so badly.

I guess my point with all of this is; if it were the entire ground being called the MarathonBet Stadium (using last years sponsor as an example) I would understand the hysteria...but an underused cafe?! I just don't see the big deal.

I read the comment as if it was directed at me, considering you said it quoting specifically my post can you blame me? Who knows, I may give it a try and if it is still similar inside I may continue to pop in from time to time but time will tell.

Your view is a fair one and looking at the bigger picture I can see your point but with the Riverside stand happening soon there were many opportunities to have companies leasing off of us. And the Haynes place wasn't just a name, inside was a big tribute to him. Surely an element of pride and respect for who he is must come before making a few quid, its not as if we are in the red financially.

Apology accepted, keep debating and lets move on
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on July 25, 2015, 10:46:07 PM
C'mon guys, really?

I get your view point Danny, and the others bothered by the move - but it's not like we've removed the statue and renamed the stand for AirAsia. I do wonder how much money a coffee shop will actually make us, so it is a little weird to have it branded, and how much will we get for having a Mozzo Coffee in our ground?  
Is it important? I don't think so, Haynes still has a stand named for him and a statue outside the ground. What if Mozzo Coffee is our new sponsor, hence the coffee shop? I don't know.

I'm not sure it really matters in general, I don't see it as a bastardisation of the club. Maybe it'll be really nice? Open longer on match days? Give us significantly more cash? I'm not from that way (as I know nor are you Danny) so I can't really pop in to the cafe on a Saturday morning or whatever. It just feels like one of those things to me.

Like you said will Mozzo actually make much difference financially to a football club of our size? I very much doubt it. If it was just Haynes's name above the door then I wouldn't mind so much, but inside it was a tribute to him. I know he has the statue and stand but can one so special ever have enough recognition? Maybe Mozzo is our sponsor and if so that would explain a lot but until we know and don't have facts I tend to speak from the heart rather than the brain.

The Riverside was the perfect opportunity to make money out of things like Mozzo and other modern companies. I just feel outside the Cottage should always remain traditional. Stevenage Road should be who we are and the Riverside walk should be what we have become. Both are to be proud of but I don't think the future should undermine the past and likewise the past shouldn't hold back the future. We can easily have the best of both. Having a Mozzo on the Riverside walk would actually be nice, along with a restaurant. I would regularly attend.

I don't think my attitude is living in the age of dinosaurs, I actually think its the attitude that can preserve this clubs heritage and charm but move forward at the same time. As for going to the Café, I did go every other month which is quite a few times over the years. Never on matchdays as I never have enough time but I recommend going on a non match day. It is so peaceful and the kids love Bishops Park. Not sure I should be promoting a trip to Mozzo after my previous rant though lol.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Wearethewhites

Can't see Mozzo being our new sponsor, they haven't even built their website yet!!

I can only assume, like all of our other catering, that FFC have have franchised this out, and in turn are now receiving a rental income from the coffee shop?

Does anyone know if the Johnny Haynes cafe was run by the Club last time?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 25, 2015, 11:13:49 PM
Can't see Mozzo being our new sponsor, they haven't even built their website yet!!

I can only assume, like all of our other catering, that FFC have have franchised this out, and in turn are now receiving a rental income from the coffee shop?

Does anyone know if the Johnny Haynes cafe was run by the Club last time?

I would imagine so but I haven't got a clue. It probably wasn't making enough money which is a big shame. MJG, where are ya when we need ya lol!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

hovewhite

As long as they don't advertise on the statue and  rename his stand that's life business wise today!!

Vienna1

I don't know the place so I wont participate much in the discussion, but I have one feeling: "Tradition" is a very powerful thing because it's emotional. Sometimes more powerful than moneymaking.

bill taylors apprentice

I went in their shortly after it opened some years ago and it was staffed by Harrods people seconded from knightsbridge and very nice it was too.

Its clearly not making enough to warrant keeping it open and run in house, that I can appreciate but bugger me that's an ugly sign.

No Class!

FPT

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 25, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
C'mon guys, really?

Like you said will Mozzo actually make much difference financially to a football club of our size? I very much doubt it. If it was just Haynes's name above the door then I wouldn't mind so much, but inside it was a tribute to him. I know he has the statue and stand but can one so special ever have enough recognition? Maybe Mozzo is our sponsor and if so that would explain a lot but until we know and don't have facts I tend to speak from the heart rather than the brain.

The Riverside was the perfect opportunity to make money out of things like Mozzo and other modern companies. I just feel outside the Cottage should always remain traditional. Stevenage Road should be who we are and the Riverside walk should be what we have become. Both are to be proud of but I don't think the future should undermine the past and likewise the past shouldn't hold back the future. We can easily have the best of both. Having a Mozzo on the Riverside walk would actually be nice, along with a restaurant. I would regularly attend.

I don't think my attitude is living in the age of dinosaurs, I actually think its the attitude that can preserve this clubs heritage and charm but move forward at the same time. As for going to the Café, I did go every other month which is quite a few times over the years. Never on matchdays as I never have enough time but I recommend going on a non match day. It is so peaceful and the kids love Bishops Park. Not sure I should be promoting a trip to Mozzo after my previous rant though lol.

You make some good points Danny, and I too am for preserving heritage. We're both from South East London, if Fulham wasn't the unique, lovely, charming football club it is, would we have much of a reason to support them? Hypothetical, but Fulham with a standard stadium and history is Charlton really, what makes us is the Cottage and the history surrounding the football club - you feel it. We don't know what will happen with the Haynes stuff in the Cafe, it may be left as it is. It may be moved elsewhere, it may be saved for the Riverside Expansion and to go there on the Riverside Walk; which may have a nice effect. You walk down on your way to work and pop in for a morning coffee in the new Haynes Cafe that retains the history of the football club? It could just be a tester for Mozzo to see how they'd do at the Cottage with a view to moving to the Riverside Stand on a good deal. Again, hypothetical but you never know. I didn't even know it was called 'Haynes Place' until just now if I'm honest with you.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FPT on July 25, 2015, 11:45:36 PM
C'mon guys, really?

You make some good points Danny, and I too am for preserving heritage. We're both from South East London, if Fulham wasn't the unique, lovely, charming football club it is, would we have much of a reason to support them? Hypothetical, but Fulham with a standard stadium and history is Charlton really, what makes us is the Cottage and the history surrounding the football club - you feel it. We don't know what will happen with the Haynes stuff in the Cafe, it may be left as it is. It may be moved elsewhere, it may be saved for the Riverside Expansion and to go there on the Riverside Walk; which may have a nice effect. You walk down on your way to work and pop in for a morning coffee in the new Haynes Cafe that retains the history of the football club? It could just be a tester for Mozzo to see how they'd do at the Cottage with a view to moving to the Riverside Stand on a good deal. Again, hypothetical but you never know. I didn't even know it was called 'Haynes Place' until just now if I'm honest with yo

Like I said it's not so much the name change. It's more the assumption that the stuff on the walls inside will be removed which would be a big shame. No one knows the reasons why it has changed and they probably have a good reason for doing so. I just think if we are going to have that tribute to Johnny it has to be where it is outside those big black gates with the Statue and Cottage next to it. It may be moved and not replaced but for me it belonged where it was and the Riverside is an opportunity to pay tribute to our more modern heroes with bars and tributes.  

Maybe I am too traditional for my own good. You are bang on the money with Charlton.  They are basically Fulham's twin without the charming ground or the same heritage.  They have good history but its different to ours. I can't imagine not being fulham and living on the opposite side of town only adds to the excitement on match days.  The travelling to a game is all part of it.  Where abouts you from then FPT?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

SouthIslandWhite

Typical frankly.  Just another sad example of how the club in general has lost its way.  So sad.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Andy S

As far as I'm aware nobody called for it to be named Haynes place in the first place. However it was and we liked it. Mozzo Coffee is if it replaces Haynes Place is a bad Idea. The club should have announced the reason why it was changing in advance of it happening. what's wrong with changing the name to Haynes Place with Mozzo Coffee. I think we could have all understood that. However it won't be getting a visit from me

NogoodBoyo

Other than the fact that the sign is absolutely figging pugly, I don't have any problem with a coffee shop called Mozzo going there. 
Nogood "Chairman Mozzo, itis" Boyo

alfie

C'mon guys, really?

To be honest I am not that fussed about a Café, but Dannyboi your comment "I just feel outside the Cottage should always remain traditional. Stevenage Road should be who we are" So what happened to tradition when they took the name Stevenage Road stand and renamed it Johnny Haynes stand, Tradition went out of the window there, and I know a few people that did not like that either.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Slaphead in Qatar

what a bloody disgrace replacing haynes name. wonder if they change the name of the stadium soon.

snarks

I never went in there and TBH never really noticed it, so no big deal in my view

Nero

Mozzo is the new defence coach who starts next week. Part of his contract he want a.place to chill and relax after trying to talk tatics to kit.

I  an see maybe why they done it. Get some of the locals in as it's a coffee shop not a football cafe.

Why not send an e mail to Mr woodcock nd ask if it could be called Haynes place. Sponsored ny Mozzo or what every it's called

MJG

I knew the club were going to change the cafe as it was mentioned while talking about the up grades to the ground.
The name was not mentioned but I was led to believe it would become a restaurant instead of a cafe.
It was under used there is no doubt about that and the club and if they have just franchised it out that would be a shame. 
But in all honestly I didn't think it was very well run and also a bit dirty inside. So maybe a commercial venture is better running it, but agree losing the name is disappointing, but unlike some I cant get too upset by it. I'll see what its like when it opens and take it from there.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk