https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Skeptical

Started by mike_corkcity12, July 28, 2015, 05:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 30, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: mikestrand on July 30, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
Kit will be given 10 games to prove himself, Which I think is more than generous of the club.
Not making the defence a priority was another mistake.

How have we not made it a priority? You don't know that at all.
We just havent been able to get any defensive signings, other than Jazz and Garbutt, over the line. We have been otherwise inked with Dunk, Lees and Tarkowski. Surely that shows that we ARE prioritising the defence!

Or at the very least, it shows that your assertion is harsh.
Maybe harsh, but to hit the ground running in the new season we
really needed a new solid defence.
Dunk, Lees and Tarkowski were worth a punt but given their importance to their clubs unlikely purchases.
The net should have been widened earlier to have avoided what seems to be the current situation.

McBride78

From what I see we have been trying extremely hard to bring in defense.  We have been linked with many of the best defenders in the Championship.  That said, we are competing against these teams, and buying the best players from their squad to add strength to ours is not going to come easy or cheap.  To Alex's point, perhaps it is time to move to other options from other leagues or Europe, and I am sure Rigg and his team are evaluating those options.   Of course we, and I am sure Rigg, would rather have Dunk, Lees, or the other names we have been linked with.  I believe we will have at least one, maybe two CBs in before the end of the window.  I have no doubt, with the number of players we have been linked with, that it is being worked hard behind the scenes.  Fulham also has a way of surprising with transfers....all quiet then boom.   So and so has been signed.  So again, I think it is in the works and will happen before the window closes.  I am hoping for two, but would settle with one.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: mikestrand on July 30, 2015, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on July 30, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: mikestrand on July 30, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
Kit will be given 10 games to prove himself, Which I think is more than generous of the club.
Not making the defence a priority was another mistake.

How have we not made it a priority? You don't know that at all.
We just havent been able to get any defensive signings, other than Jazz and Garbutt, over the line. We have been otherwise inked with Dunk, Lees and Tarkowski. Surely that shows that we ARE prioritising the defence!

Or at the very least, it shows that your assertion is harsh.
Maybe harsh, but to hit the ground running in the new season we
really needed a new solid defence.
Dunk, Lees and Tarkowski were worth a punt but given their importance to their clubs unlikely purchases.
The net should have been widened earlier to have avoided what seems to be the current situation.

With the greatest of respect, how do you know how far the net was widened in the first place?

Baszab

If anyone here truly thinks that KS and the management team are not aware of our central defence weakness then they must be just being critical for the sake of it

Football is not Football Manager on the PS4 - it is slightly more difficult than that

We have been trying to strengthen centre back position all summer - Tarkowski wants to leave but Brentford keep quoting £8m or something stupid

Keep the faith and it something will happen

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Baszab on July 30, 2015, 01:21:37 PM
If anyone here truly thinks that KS and the management team are not aware of our central defence weakness then they must be just being critical for the sake of it

Football is not Football Manager on the PS4 - it is slightly more difficult than that

We have been trying to strengthen centre back position all summer - Tarkowski wants to leave but Brentford keep quoting £8m or something stupid

Keep the faith and it something will happen

Amen