Main Menu

New interview with Kit

Started by Craven Mad, July 30, 2015, 06:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iTT3GhkUb8

Another interesting interview.

Key Points:

Mitrog has said he doesn't want to be here.
Sounds like some of the youngsters in their final contract year have said they won't sign another.
Scott still a way off fitness.
Hoping for at least one signing and defence is something they want to strengthen.
Promotion is the goal this year.

rweller86

Mitroglou is in the same situation as Ruiz was last season. When he was talking about youngsters in their final year, I think that was geared towards Roberts, hopefully not others. Who else is currently in their final year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

Craven Mad

According to transfermarkt, all these younger players (one or two "young" at a push) have contracts ending next June: Dan Burn, Shaun Hutchinson, Jesse Joronen, Emerson Hyndman, Mousa Dembele, Marcus Bettinelli.

westcliff white

I took the mitro comments as he just doesn't want to play in the championship not that he doesn't want top lay for Fulham. Although you could say it is one and the same thing, I would say he is happy to play for us if no one buys him and would be happy to play if we were in the premier league.
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Has also been held to saying that he'll get Fulham FC promoted. Been a bit of a strange week this week it has..

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Regardless of what Mitro is alleged to have said he must now do as he is told
We have had enough of this farce & @ the end of the day we paid for his transfer & also pay his wages
Frankly there is no point in messing around anymore or pandering to any of his requests, demands or wrong attitude
He hasn't delivered anything to or for us
Fine him if he messes around, refuses to train, play for us in the Championsip whatever
Assuming this is correctly reported as opposed to a Damascus type conversion on his part as far as actually doing something positive for us this season
One more chance but play hard ball if he doesn't turn it round
We have all but cleared the decks of the poor buys, misfits etc & must learn our lessons going forward
No more mistakes of this nature!
COYW!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on July 30, 2015, 06:55:25 PM
We have had enough of this farce & @ the end of the day we paid for his transfer & also pay his wages
Frankly there is no point in messing around anymore or pandering to any of his requests, demands or wrong attitude
Fine him if he messes around, refuses to train, play for us in the Championsip whatever
Assuming this is correctly reported as opposed to a Damascus type conversion on his part as far as actually doing something positive for us this season
We have all but cleared the decks of the poor buys, misfits etc & must learn our lessons going forward
COYW!

He's a Champions League quality striker who was second top scorer for the team that won the Greek league.  Why would he WANT to play in the Championship for a team that nearly got relegated last season with that resume.  He's not been recorded as saying he won't play or train for us.

westcliff white

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 30, 2015, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on July 30, 2015, 06:55:25 PM
COYW!

He's a Champions League quality striker who was second top scorer for the team that won the Greek league.  Why would he WANT to play in the Championship for a team that nearly got relegated last season with that resume.  He's not been recorded as saying he won't play or train for us.
Attitude he has always said he would do his best when called on. He can't deliver if not selected or injured when signed.

If they can't loan him out he will score goals between now and January if selected
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

I was surprised to hear Kit say that the team selected against Palace mat not  be his envisaged start team for the Carfiff match.

Surely it is essential to build understanding among players, particularly the back four, ready for the start competitive matches.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: filham on July 30, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
I was surprised to hear Kit say that the team selected against Palace mat not  be his envisaged start team for the Carfiff match.

Surely it is essential to build understanding among players, particularly the back four, ready for the start competitive matches.

It'd ruin any element of surprise against Cardiff though.

Craven Mad

Problem with saying it will be the starting lineup is that it gives Cardiff plenty of prep time to get our strategy down and - if there's an injury or anything - makes it look like any replacement is a second-choice.

I think Kit will 90% know his strongest team, and will field that against Palace and Cardiff, but will have a few areas which he'll want a final check on before the season begins (namely the right and left of midfield, the strike partnership [Ross+...] and the centre back pairing).

Wouldn't worry too much about it.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 30, 2015, 08:06:06 PM

Problem with saying it will be the starting lineup is that it gives Cardiff plenty of prep time to get our strategy down and - if there's an injury or anything - makes it look like any replacement is a second-choice.

I think Kit will 90% know his strongest team, and will field that against Palace and Cardiff, but will have a few areas which he'll want a final check on before the season begins (namely the right and left of midfield, the strike partnership [Ross+...] and the centre back pairing).

Wouldn't worry too much about it.
i think we can all guess our strategy before we even know what kits starting line up will be. he is very predictble.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

He said it wasn't definitely the complete team, and the club were putting out a strong team at Colchester in the u21 game too, and players who played there would be considered if they did well; and Rigg would be there, and the game  would be filmed for Kit to watch.

But I think we can assume that the team  for Palace will be pretty much the team for Cardiff, but Kit is hedging his bets, and doesn't want to give too much away.

Nero

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 30, 2015, 08:05:55 PM

It'd ruin any element of surprise against Cardiff though.

The surprise will be we wont play a diamond

Bill2

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 30, 2015, 06:19:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iTT3GhkUb8

Another interesting interview.

Key Points:

Mitrog has said he doesn't want to be here.
Sounds like some of the youngsters in their final contract year have said they won't sign another.
Scott still a way off fitness.
Hoping for at least one signing and defence is something they want to strengthen.
Promotion is the goal this year.
What anyone will do or not is dependant on how we do well this season and as no one is coming in to try and get them on the cheap means that there is no one chomping at the bit to sign them, so will they get a better deal next season? Depends on how they do this one.

YoungsBitter

He talked about the Colchester game as a full 1st XI fixture, ie we are fielding 2 teams so it will be key for the young players in last year of contract who want to get a signal of his intentions around playing times, especially Bettinelli, Hindeman and Dembele. If any of those three plays at Colchester I wonder how much longer they will be in a Fulham shirt. Bettinelli I think will start against Palace and I think we will get him signed up, regardless of Chelsea offer. However the other two worry me, Hindeman's family would allegedly like him to play in Germany and think he could get a good contract there, Dembele's agent thinks he can get him something better than Fulham.
Lets see.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Fernhurst

Jeez he mentioned the p word ..... Nice to think, but hasn't every manager in this league given an interview and stated similar ambitions for this season.

Sorry Kit, I prefer to agree with most on here predicting 8th to 12th.

Lovely thought though......
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Max Headroom

The two players I want to see stay are Dembele and Hyndman. If we lose both having lost pat I will be gutted. It's modern day football though :(

Domino1879

What is it about Kits interviews?
I just don't find him inspiring or convincing at all.
Really hope he proves me wrong and is successful

FPT

I like the amount we've heard from the management, from all three at the start of the summer, as well as the singular Mike Rigg one and a few from Kit over pre-season.

It's nice to hear things from the horses mouth so to speak.