watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dunk

Started by Tooting legend, August 01, 2015, 07:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I agree. A manager may never truly be happy with all the players he has but it is about doing the best you can with what you have.

grandad

It seems we either keep within the FFP rules as we seem to be doing or you go down the road that Boro are. They are throwing the family silver at buying their way to promotion & blow the consequencies if they dont go up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: grandad on August 02, 2015, 01:29:33 PM
It seems we either keep within the FFP rules as we seem to be doing or you go down the road that Boro are. They are throwing the family silver at buying their way to promotion & blow the consequencies if they dont go up.
And the consequences of not going are what? A transfer embargo so they won't be able to buy next year - not much of a problem. And a fine that their new shareholders can afford. And if it works?

Personally I wish we would follow the same course.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 08:43:15 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 02, 2015, 02:15:07 AM
I can't see how money is an issue.
I thought the FFP thing allowed clubs to spend a little more than their income.
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

The rewards are $100M (ish) for promotion

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"
What if your boss sent an email to everyone at your work and said i know Roger does a decent job but I'm desperate to get some one in to do his job better?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

But these players aren't stupid, they will hear the rumours  etc that we are trying to sign 1-2 CB's and if any of them read FOF they will be left in no doubt as to what a representative cross section of supporters think of them, which in some cases must be difficult, Ruiz being a prime example.
Another example is Tunni, after his first couple of games he was the best thing since tinned peaches and we were singing his name, now the majority on here seem to feel he he's only a squad player, at best.
We are a fickle lot, I can be as guilty as anyone on here.
When Kit says we are still looking for a couple of players, do you think that Burn, Hutchison, Bodurov etc don't realize he's talking about their positions ?
Also by talking about it on whatever media it's published in/on he is doing a lot more than sending an internal email, he's effectively telling the world, with media snoops trawling clubs fan sites he might just as well have said "To be honest, our center backs aren't good enough"

Fortunately in my life/career, that's never happened to me  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 02, 2015, 02:02:09 PM
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"
What if your boss sent an email to everyone at your work and said i know Roger does a decent job but I'm desperate to get some one in to do his job better?

But these players aren't stupid, they will hear the rumours  etc that we are trying to sign 1-2 CB's and if any of them read FOF they will be left in no doubt as to what a representative cross section of supporters think of them, which in some cases must be difficult, Ruiz being a prime example.
Another example is Tunni, after his first couple of games he was the best thing since tinned peaches and we were singing his name, now the majority on here seem to feel he he's only a squad player, at best.
When Kit says we are still looking for a couple of players, do you think that Burn, Hutchison, Bodurov etc don't realize he's talking about their positions.
Then how can kit keep you happy? He says that we are looking for players but he's OK with what we have. What's he meant to say, I'm desperate for these centre backs or we are fucked?

Jonnoj

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 02:05:32 PM
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"

But these players aren't stupid, they will hear the rumours  etc that we are trying to sign 1-2 CB's and if any of them read FOF they will be left in no doubt as to what a representative cross section of supporters think of them, which in some cases must be difficult, Ruiz being a prime example.
When Kit says we are still looking for a couple of players, do you think that Burn, Hutchison, Bodurov etc don't realize he's talking about their positions.
Then how can kit keep you happy? He says that we are looking for players but he's OK with what we have. What's he meant to say, I'm desperate for these centre backs or we are fucked?

What he said......excellent. Would definitely not like to work for almost all football fans, ludicrous criticism of perfectly acceptable man management behaviour

Mince n Tatties

Was 2/5 on to join us.
Betting now on him Suspended and taken
down on Oddschecker...Curious..

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2015, 02:23:08 PM
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"

But these players aren't stupid, they will hear the rumours  etc that we are trying to sign 1-2 CB's and if any of them read FOF they will be left in no doubt as to what a representative cross section of supporters think of them, which in some cases must be difficult, Ruiz being a prime example.
When Kit says we are still looking for a couple of players, do you think that Burn, Hutchison, Bodurov etc don't realize he's talking about their positions ?
Also by talking about it on whatever media it's published in/on he is doing a lot more than sending an internal email, he's effectively telling the world, with media snoops trawling clubs fan sites he might just as well have said "To be honest, our center backs aren't good enough"

Fortunately in my life/career, that's never happened to me  :0)

Of course if any players read between the lines and also read rumours about themselves, which may or may not be derogatory, and of course we all want to do our best in whatever we do, or at least try. Also reading not so charming comments about yourself as a footballer can hurt and make you despondent. But if I was a footballer reading these opinions, even if I felt they were harsh and unjustified, my reaction would be to make me prove my detractors wrong, and show them I am good enough, and prove them wrong.
Nobody wants to read rotten things about themselves or feel people do not have confidence in you, sometimes they can make you more resilient and tougher, that depends on the individual of course.

WM,
You and I would have the same "I'll show them" attitude.
Most people would agree that competition for places is a good thing, unless of course your 'position competitor' is picked instead of you and then it could be a case of...........
"Well what's a matter with me, I was here first and they just offered me a 2 year contract + he can't kick with both feet and is slow and both Jol and Magath said...................
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Blanco

Dunk is in the starting 11 unfortunatly. Probably means he won't be joining us.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Blanco on August 02, 2015, 03:01:58 PM

Odds checker have taken it down, not suspended it, it's still 6/4 on Ladbrokes.

Lewes White

Or he just wants to say fair well to the crowd!!

Chesh

Quote from: Blanco on August 02, 2015, 03:01:58 PM
If I was Fulham, expecting to buy him in the next couple of weeks (with nothing sealed obviously), I would be happy for him to play today, to keep up his match fitness.

Last thing we want is to buy a player who can't play for 3 weeks because he's not 'match fit'.

He's no more likely to get injured playing today, than for us in his first game, and so don't see an issue.

All it tells me, is that Brighton see him as part of their plans until we stump up the required readies - which we are admittedly slow doing...

049:gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2015, 05:28:21 PM
A milk float with a flat tyre could move faster.

I think Dunks walking here but gets half way and Brighton ring him and say we need you for a game today

Lighthouse

It is all funk, this talk of Dunk and us being sunk. I'll make it clear and I am being sincere. I am not following some agenda, we will buy some other defender.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Tom Lees is the Bees Knees so Wednesday
fans think,so I will tip my hat to them and head off
out for a drink... fp.gif

YankeeJim

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2015, 07:42:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2015, 07:01:31 PM
It is all funk, this talk of Dunk and us being sunk. I'll make it clear and I am being sincere. I am not following some agenda, we will buy some other defender.

You are a poet, and didn't know it.

I think its called a lack of serious football.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FPT

I do think this deal will go over the line. When? I don't know, but I'm sure we'll end up eventually getting Brighton to agree to a deal and he'd be happy to leave. It would be interesting to see who our planned partner for him is.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on August 02, 2015, 11:14:06 PM
I do think this deal will go over the line. When? I don't know, but I'm sure we'll end up eventually getting Brighton to agree to a deal and he'd be happy to leave. It would be interesting to see who our planned partner for him is.
would he be happy to leave? you would have thought he would of slapped a transfer request in if he really wanted to move
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2015, 11:21:29 PM
would he be happy to leave? you would have thought he would of slapped a transfer request in if he really wanted to move

Happy to leave wasn't a great way of putting it, but I don't think he'd mind leaving, it's an upwards move, he'd probably get paid more and is joining a club with a better chance of playing in the Premier League.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on August 02, 2015, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2015, 11:21:29 PM

Happy to leave wasn't a great way of putting it, but I don't think he'd mind leaving, it's an upwards move, he'd probably get paid more and is joining a club with a better chance of playing in the Premier League.
maybe
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.