watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dunk

Started by Tooting legend, August 01, 2015, 07:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

So do you think the stories are correct about Dunk joining are true or just once again lazy journalism. Personally if true then I think we are serious promotion contenders. I feel we would have one of the best starting 11's in the championship.

Tonywa

Watching our central defenders again today I certainly think we need at least one reinforcement there.

Domino1879

Understood he was off to Ipswich so who knows.
The one truth that we have known for months is that we need at least one new CB.  Really disappointed if we don't strengthen that position.

Tooting legend

No Ipswich was an error by the Journalist they meant us. But who knows.

dannyboi-ffc

I felt that Burn, Hutchinson and Woodrow were the only 3 who looked inferior to a good premier league side. The pair looked edgy, easily caught out and not an ounce of pace or reading of the game between them. I like Burn but he is no Hangeland and never will be.

If we can't keep hold of Mitroglou I think we need a quick striker plus Turner and Dunk. That would really put us into top 2 material for me. But until we sign those quality 3 or keep Mitroglou then I feel we are still very short as a whole. That's how much of a difference I think it could make.

On a side note Voser looked ok when he came on. Nothing spectacular but ok and better than Kavanagh although IMO that's not hard
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Blanco

Regardless of who we get in I don't think we will get promoted. Unless of course Ronaldo and Aguero join. Dunk would most definitely be a big step in the right direction.

Tooting legend

This league is way to hard to call. I think we are in with a shout 100 times better squad then last season. Plus if the Greek stays then there's goals.

Oh so do any of the other sides have a Ronaldo in their side. Errrrrrm No, so pretty much a stupid statement.

f321ffc

Brighton have a friendly against Sevilla tomorrow  if he plays then i think we can draw a line under this one if not the the roumors will continue until we see him in a Fulham shirt. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Tooting legend

Quote from: f321ffc on August 01, 2015, 08:39:41 PM
Brighton have a friendly against Sevilla tomorrow  if he plays then i think we can draw a line under this one if not the the roumors will continue until we see him in a Fulham shirt. 049:gif

Very true.........

bill taylors apprentice

If we, a club recently from the PL with the benefits of a wealthy owner and the parachute payments cannot sign a decent centre half then we are not being serious about promotion.

And that's a fact!

YankeeJim

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 01, 2015, 11:52:46 PM
If we, a club recently from the PL with the benefits of a wealthy owner and the parachute payments cannot sign a decent centre half then we are not being serious about promotion.

And that's a fact!

There is a vast difference between signing the center half you want and just ANY center half. If I know you really want my 3 million center half I'm going to try to get 4. The silly season isn't over. We have picked up several quality midfielders, a keeper and some full backs plus have unloaded some payroll. Seems serious to me.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WayneKerrins

Yankee J. In the world of football there are plenty of CBS better than our current trio.
In baseball parlance These are .200 position players at best.
Sure we might be going for a big free agent like Dunk but you can pick up league average guys who would be a significant upgrade on the dross we have easily.
Of course I'd rather have 2 marquee free agents but don't tell me if we can't pull of the deal(s) that there aren't plenty of signabl
e players who are better than our hapless trio.

Porthogs FC

The way to see it is that pushing for promotion is the only way. A 7th place finish, or a playoff finish without winning, is a bust. Having an embarrassment of riches to choose from is just not possible. Should we still have ~8M remaining to spend, it would be reasonable to expect a defensive mid, CB and perhaps a stricker/winger. One of those may have to be on loan, but considering we only have one loan on the books we have quite a bit of flexibility there. I think those asks are reasonable with the amount remaining in the kitty. FFP always comes into question, but right now we would be lucky to be a top 2 team.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I can't see how money is an issue.
I thought the FFP thing allowed clubs to spend a little more than their income.
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

The rewards are $100M (ish) for promotion

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Porthogs FC

You bet, spot on. We have a rich owner, should be able to secure a couple more top quality (starting 11) signings without too much difficulty. But we've said this before...

mikestrand

Quote from: Blanco on August 01, 2015, 08:23:27 PM
Regardless of who we get in I don't think we will get promoted. Unless of course Ronaldo and Aguero join. Dunk would most definitely be a big step in the right direction.
Agreed, you can have a top six team but you also need a top six manager.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: mikestrand on August 02, 2015, 03:55:48 AM
Quote from: Blanco on August 01, 2015, 08:23:27 PM
Agreed, you can have a top six team but you also need a top six manager.

EDIT: Whoever made the Magath auto correct, brilliant.

Give Kit a chance. Magath ran us to the ruins. No saving last season. Kit got along well I thought.

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 02, 2015, 02:15:07 AM
I thought the FFP thing allowed clubs to spend a little more than their income.
So spending 10K can't be a  problem, after all it seems that QPR will be playing
next Saturday !!

The rewards are $100M (ish) for promotion

What is surprising and worrying is Kit saying  "If we don't sign anyone else, I'm happy with what we have"
What if your boss sent an email to everyone at your work and said i know Roger does a decent job but I'm desperate to get some one in to do his job better?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Riverside

When Kit say I am happy with what he has
1) he is not undermining his current team even though it has been clear all summer he wants another CB
2) he may be thinking he would sacrifice a new CB to keep Mitro
Ideally of course he would like Dunk and Mitro .....
I know I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffc73

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 02, 2015, 02:15:07 AM

Money and man management.  Difficult employment issues whatever your industry

A guy doing an excellent job for me resigned.  I tried to convince him to stay, my boss the MD pitched in to try to get him to share and be part of our forward vision for the Company.  Salary was not an issue but we could not provide him with what he wanted for his career here and now.  Last Friday night we went for a beer and parted company wishing one another well.

I have been interviewing for his replacement.  Soul destroying.  I found the ideal replacement.  Salary and benefits were not a problem but he wanted us to amend one of our terms of conditions of employment which would make him different to everyone else.  Something that we were unable to accommodate.

On Monday I have a temp starting.  As I still need to deliver an output I will integrate them into the team as if they were staying long term.  If the temp performs beyond my expectations then I may make them permanent.  In the meantime I will continue looking for the 'ideal' replacement.

The benefit I have is there are not 15,000+ people watching and listening to my every move and comment.  Or thinking that they can do a better job than me.  Which, of course, they might be able to.

So.  Kit, Mike and Ali.  Pull your fingers out.  2x CBs + 1x DM before Cardiff next week & convince the Greek that he is best off playing in the Championship for a season.  Oh.  And Dembele and Hyndman.  Get them signed up onto long term contracts even though the chances of them getting any game time for the first team in the next 12-months looks pretty slim.  Me?   :kettle pot: