more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favorite "Random" Fulham Player

Started by valdeingruo, August 09, 2015, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burgf001

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bog

For RaySmith. Glad you spoke well of Frank. He had no chance replacing Clarke. But he always gave his all. Sadly he passed away aged just 61.

092.gif

thebumponleroyshead

Rory Hamill, scored at Gillingham in the cup and then ended up doing naff all and ended up at glentoran i think
in Northern Ireland. Still loved that goal tho climbed up the fence to throw confetti in the crowd and turned to see my mum and dad going mental! 049:gif
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Barrett487

Brian Greenaway played for both of the teams i followed through my teens, Fulham & Wealdstone (not at the same time tho). He was part of the glorious double-winning 'Stones' team of 84/85. If our ground had been better we would have been promoted to division four that year!

Would you believe there's a link to the highlights from back then? Brian is number 7 and took both corners that led to our goals that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLFJhmLN4Q

A bit of Wealstone trivia for you....
Vinnie Jones was at the club then, but so bad he rarely got selected. Stuart Pearce left the club 2 years earlier.

Twig

Wolf

Matt Lawrence
Alan Neilson - always preferred him partnering Chris Coleman than the other guy
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

filham

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 09, 2015, 01:23:01 PM
I liked rosenior jnr. Yeah I know I spelt it wrong. I always thought he looked composed and tidy. What do I know?
Well you coudlssee him at the Cottage again next Saturday playing for Brighton.

FPT

Yes! Some great mentions that past my mind, Erik Nevland and Chris Baird in particular. I wonder what Nevland is up to these days... We could do with him teaching some finishing at Motspur!

Tonywa

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 09, 2015, 02:01:21 PM
Martin Djetou, Robbie Herrera and Erik Nevland  would be my random picks. The others I liked were a lot more obvious

Martin Djetou was a class act wasn't he? A terrific defender who could also be more than useful in midfield. An ideal player to have in any squad.  Always so disappointed. his time at the Cottage was comparatively short.

Lighthouse

Quote from: RaySmith on August 09, 2015, 02:17:35 PM
I actually liked Frank Large - usually slagged off on here as Allan Clarke's, who went on to star for Double winning Leeds United and England, hopeless replacement.

Well, it was typical Fulham, some would say, selling your star striker and bringing in an inferior player on the cheap. But I liked big Frank - he always gave his all up front.

More  modern,  the very likeable Moritz Voltz comes to mind, who was, actually, a firm crowd favourite, though maybe not the greatest full back - but he did a decent job.

Thinking of popular right backs at random, what about John Pantsil?

Collins John - there's another random name - I certainly liked him when he first played for the club.

I am so pleased somebody else liked Frank. His honest endeavour was always great to watch. Cusack and John Marshal where also favourites along the way. Cusack dislocating his shoulder and just wandering over to the touchline to have it put back. Wonderful utility player. Marshal again for his use around the pitch and long career with little thanks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chutney

Callum Willock for being absolutely deadly on championship manager 01/02. Really liked Eddie Lewis also!
C O Y W

Chutney

I also can't believe nobody has mentioned Claus Jensen, he was class!
C O Y W

valdeingruo

Quote from: Chutney on August 09, 2015, 11:26:48 PM
I also can't believe nobody has mentioned Claus Jensen, he was class!

That's because he was random!

There have been a few names on here where I honestly think were fan favorites, but the range and variety is quite good.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

hopper

Jensen was class, sadly injured most of the time.

Mine is definitely Montella. Most accurate shot I have ever seen from a Fulham player, and one of the classiest I have seen play for us. Doesn't get mentioned much, was oddly sent home early by Sanchez

Blanco

Pantsil without a doubt. His laps of the pitch were great. Footballers just don't do that these days.

Fulham Far East

Inamoto, if he wasn't injured in the game vs England, I think he would have been here longer

dgnffc

Sean O'Driscoll and Cliff Carr for me.

Chutney

C O Y W

Snibbo

Jimmy Dunne (battling Irishman)
Vic Halom (great character)
Joe Gilroy (typical dour Scot)
Bobby Moss (the smallest player on the field, he headed the injury time winner v Everton)