watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Striker?

Started by @jolslover, August 09, 2015, 03:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Seeing that we may be set to miss out on Gayle do people feel we still need a new striker?

If you think we do need a new striker who would you (realistically) like that to be?
STH H3

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

fulhamben

I'd be happy with Dembele signing on
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mike_corkcity12

We have McCormack, Woodrow, Smith and Dembele (assuming he stays). I don't think we need another striker.

kempkong

Rhodes. I can't understand how Middlesbrough can splash the cash on downing and Rhodes and we can't. We haven't really spent this window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@jolslover

I doubt Boro will be going after Rhodes now that they have signed Stuani for 3mill, He scored 15 goals last year for Espanyol. Looks a great signing. I would like us to sign a striker like this if we sign anyone

I agree that if Moussa signs an extension I dont think we really need a striker
STH H3

filham

You could say that we have never before had such depth in strikers. If Dembele can realise his potential soon and McCormac performs again as well as last season goals should flow.

Smith and McCormac will produce goals and Woodrow is a real young hard worker.
The cost of replacing any of these with any one better is possibly out of our reach.

I would like to see a real pacey wide man with them.

Milo

Ask yourselves this, what if Smith gets injured for a few months?

Christ... what if McCormack did...

Do we see Dembele or Woodrow filling the void? I don't. I like Cauley a lot and he's a trier and still young, but both are a few years away from first team action for me.

We need another striker.

Barrett487

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Milo on August 09, 2015, 06:20:29 PM

Do we see Dembele or Woodrow filling the void? I don't. I like Cauley a lot and he's a trier and still young, but both are a few years away from first team action for me.

We need another striker.
What if we buy another striker and no one gets injured? Just eats into our other good strikers playing time.

JackyFulham90

Gary Hooper would be a good signing

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 09, 2015, 06:27:24 PM
Jamie Vardy anyone?

The guy who has apparently been filmed being a bit racist?

filham

Quote from: Milo on August 09, 2015, 06:20:29 PM

We need another striker.

Smith and McCormac did not suffer any long injury spells last season. A suitable new striker would cost some £5m or so and would spend a lot of time bench warming. Dembele and Woodrow have to be given the opportunity to show their worth otherwise they will be off to pasture new.

Reinforcing the back four should remain our priority.

Barrett487

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 09, 2015, 06:38:02 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on August 09, 2015, 06:27:24 PM
Jamie Vardy anyone?

The guy who has apparently been filmed being a bit racist?

I'm no way condoning... just referring to Leicester's policy of releasing racists.

VamosFFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 09, 2015, 06:32:31 PM
Gary Hooper would be a good signing

I'd be pretty pleased if we signed Hooper. I've always rated him and think he would do a good job here.

H4usuallysitting

We've also got Taggart, but apparently he's injured again.....Pringle has got goals in him, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 15+.....O'Hara has also got goals in him

@jolslover

Doubt Vardy would come to Fulham

Jones and Macheda both didnt feature for Cardiff against us Although I doubt we need someone like Jones.

Forestieri didnt feature atall in Watfords matchday squad, Hes an exciting, versatile player that often played striker for Watford

Marvin Emnes didnt feature on the bench for Swansea and hes someone who could be quite decent. Pacey and a hard worker

If City are loaning out Pozo he could be decent. Although some (FPT) could argue a loan is pointless as we're just developing someone else's talent before our own
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

If I had a choice I would say my top 3 would be

1 Rhodes
2 Gayle
3 Fletcher

If we sign one I feel it has to be someone who will improve us. There's no point in signing a smith, woodrow or Taggart.  It has to be a McCormack and I think it's essential if we want to be in the playoffs.

Dembele is leaving, might as well give up on this one and cash in. His name was sung constantly when he came on and at full time he walked straight off with the hump, ignoring the fans and both sets of players. Seems a very arrogant young man and I am not so sure he will reach the heights everyone else does. Don't get me wrong he should have a good career but I don't see the superstar everyone else sees and I watched quite a bit of the U18s. George Williams has always been the one I had high hopes for, hopefully he gets fit soon as he seems to have his head screwed on
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

I think we could do with a striker, Dembele extension or not - as it stands, only two of our strikers have proved they can score goals in this division, and one is best placed an impact player. Our defence is not good enough to hold, what is essentially one player capable of consistently finding the back of the net whilst also contributing our style of play. With our current squad, I would want Moussa Dembele to start games, he's most suited to that number nine role providing pace and power with both his back to goal and running in behind, there's just 'guarantee' that he can score at this level on a consistent basis - then again, would bringing in another striker restrict Dembele's game time further? But if he's going to leave, does it matter?

Career Championship goals:

Ross McCormack - 95.
Matt Smith - 18.
Tom Cairney - 9.
Lasse Vigen Christensen - 5.
Scott Parker - 4.
Cauley Woodrow - 3.
Alex Kacaniklic - 3.
Ben Pringle - 3.
Jamie O'Hara - 2.
Shaun Hutchinson - 2.
Fernando Amorebieta - 2.
Nikolay Bodurov - 1.
Sean Kavanagh - 1.
Dan Burn - 1.

I think we need that person up top that would be relished by McCormack, O'Hara, Pringle and Cairney and I think that's somebody that will run the channels and provide us with goals - if that can be Dembele? Great, but he'd have to commit his future for me to think about that. Somebody like Gary Hooper or Dwight Gayle would be good, though Dembele is more than a presence than either. However you want to put it, we don't only need to replace Hugo's 10 goals scored, but improve upon for that a top 6 spot, because I don't trust our defence to be one of the teams that can score in the early 60s and still secure that spot.

So basically, we need goals and we need dynamism. I think Dembele is a good fit for our team, but we'd need him to firstly a sign a long term deal, and secondly to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis, and I'm talking 15 upwards.

terryr

If McCormick gets injured we are on our way to the bottom of the table and possible relegation. Dem and woodrow haven't shown any scoring touch. So far Smith has but he struggles over 90 minutes......we DO need another striker. I didn't think we did but the thought of Ross not being iron plated just sent a chill down my spine