more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Noe Baba

Started by bluenosekev, August 10, 2015, 07:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenosekev

Birmingham fan in peace.

So today we signed Noe Baba from you and am wondering what your views of him are ?

And why have you let him go ?

kro.

MJG

Has potential but the problem is no one is quite sure what his position is. Seen him play CB,  RB even in midfield.
I've never really seen him have a great game,  steady but seemed to just go through motions at times.
Good tackler at times,  passing could be better.

Let him go I think because we could just not see him breaking through.

Needs to find his natural position in the team and could be useful. But long way to go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BestOfBrede

Quote from: bluenosekev on August 10, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
Birmingham fan in peace.

So today we signed Noe Baba from you and am wondering what your views of him are ?

kro.
Because it would seem we are letting all the hard work of the academy just leave for peanuts, as they have no real chance under our current manager.
Good luck to the lad and yourselves - you may have got yourselves a bargain!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 10, 2015, 07:30:12 PM
Birmingham fan in peace.

kro.
Because it would seem we are letting all the hard work of the academy just leave for peanuts, as they have no real chance under our current manager.

If the club don't think he's gonna make it with us why bother keeping him, not playing him and not letting him get on with his career?  That seems both stupid from our perspective and a bit of a dick move.

MJG

Birmingham fan in peace.

kro.
Of course I completely forgot it was that reason

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

f bloke

Birmingham fan in peace.

kro.

Not sure how many you expect to come through and make it. As it is we have had a remarkable number come through and given the odd opportunity. I agree with MJG, Noe Baba never looked more than tidy, Arthurworry, Burgess, Donnelly Grimmer all looked much better at CB and a number of others looked better at full back. He may go on to have a good career but based on what I have seen, others look more likely

BestOfBrede

Ok I'm a fool and Fulham have it right!
Fayed spent something like a million to set up the academy and who knows how much more to get in potential quality?
We (well some) thought it would prove to push this club forward for numerous years, bringing both youth to the first team and some sales for sustainability.
But sorry, all I can see is no ambition from the current management and wholesale sell off of quality youth! Yeah some may shine now and not make it, but there's some that will, that we let go for next to nothing as per usual! You watch them down the road sell Betts, City sell Roberts, ?sell Hydman, ?sell Dembele and maybe Brum sell Baba, for multi millions after we nurtured them from very young and sold them for nothing!
If we ever get back to the prem we will come straight back down, as the team that gets us up has no backup and are not good enough. It will cost multi millions to build a mid table prem team now and I'm not certain current owner or manager have the balls or know how! We got away with it for a number of nail biting years previously, but I fear we will not get away with this again due the amount of money in the prem now.

I never thought I would ever see my team in the prem or cup finals and so I should be well happy that I got a good 13 years, I suppose. But I've become greedy, I'm afraid to say, where I really want more than mediocre football for quite a lot of money!

I will always support the Super Whites, but unfortunately from afar.

COYW - always!

Andy S

The game has changed a lot since the academy was set up and will continue to do so. In the lower leagues we are all feeder clubs for the big boys. And while we are in that league will continue to be. If we get promoted we will need to buy better players than we have in our reserves

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 10, 2015, 09:59:06 PM
Fayed spent something like a million to set up the academy and who knows how much more to get in potential quality?
We (well some) thought it would prove to push this club forward for numerous years, bringing both youth to the first team and some sales for sustainability.
But sorry, all I can see is no ambition from the current management and wholesale sell off of quality youth! Yeah some may shine now and not make it, but there's some that will, that we let go for next to nothing as per usual! You watch them down the road sell Betts, City sell Roberts, ?sell Hydman, ?sell Dembele and maybe Brum sell Baba, for multi millions after we nurtured them from very young and sold them for nothing!
If we ever get back to the prem we will come straight back down, as the team that gets us up has no backup and are not good enough. It will cost multi millions to build a mid table prem team now and I'm not certain current owner or manager have the balls or know how! We got away with it for a number of nail biting years previously, but I fear we will not get away with this again due the amount of money in the prem now.

I never thought I would ever see my team in the prem or cup finals and so I should be well happy that I got a good 13 years, I suppose. But I've become greedy, I'm afraid to say, where I really want more than mediocre football for quite a lot of money!

COYW - always!
So are you saying we should keep every player no matter their ability just on the off chance we can sell them?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Chutney

Unfortunately I don't think Baba would of broken through, there are several players better than him, I wish him luck.
C O Y W

f bloke

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2015, 10:21:45 PM
Fayed spent something like a million to set up the academy and who knows how

much more to get in potential quality?

COYW - always!
So are you saying we should keep every player no matter their ability just on the off chance we can sell them?

Hugely disappointing to lose Roberts, would be equally disappointing to lose Dembele or Hyndman - but there are a number of factors at play here, not least relegation from the premiership. To be honest much more disappointed to lose Buffong than Baba since I think we have players in the age groups with greater potential in his positions

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

laurencecapel

If Noe Baba had a position then maybe he'd have the opportunity to come good. With that said, youth players are released and picked up by other teams all the time. I suppose it boils down to different coaches and environments trying toy work someone in a different way.

Agree with above though, Baba is a way behind Grimmer.

Roberty

COYW - always!

Oar Locks

The players are not slaves they have a right to work for whoever they please. The only good thing about this game is that we can get a fee for the ones we did not want to leave

We cannot possibly expect all the academy players we sign to make it and we need to prune each year to make space for the next generation - it's a fact of life
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

snarks

A good youth team does not mean many make the breakthrough, just as a sample look at the FA youth cup finalists of 2010 (Chelsea and Aston Villa. There is only 1 player I have heard of (Josh McEchran) so an awful lot are let go for whatever reason, why would Fulham be any different.

b+w geezer

Quote from: snarks on August 11, 2015, 08:51:13 AM
A good youth team does not mean many make the breakthrough, just as a sample look at the FA youth cup finalists of 2010 (Chelsea and Aston Villa. There is only 1 player I have heard of
Apt point and good example.

Conor Clifford captained Chelsea in that final and scored the decisive 'wonder goal.' Fast forward and he's been released by Southend. I saw him in May making a loan appearance for Barnet and he looked quite classy, but they didn't retain him and he's now with Borehamwood. That kind of experience is by far the most common even for those who star at the highest levels of youth football.

God The Mechanic

Barca's recent success has got people excited and almost expectant. But that was a decade ago almost.

bluenosekev

MJG

If you look at the academy and youth thread there is good news on there about the youth setup

laurencecapel

Agree with above - I do partly put it down to our press though. A kid can do one thing and the expectation suddenly goes through the roof. I'm a firm believer of letting the reserve teams play in lower leagues, really test these kids out.

Can only imagine where the so called 'Banisher of Arsenal' Reece Oxford will be come 21.