watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR, advice re gaming addiction...

Started by Burt, August 18, 2015, 11:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Just a quick note to thank everyone who have posted their suggestions and insights, both on this thread and via PM.

There is an element of him having to take some responsibility for wanting to be more moderate in his use, along with an element of me and Mrs Burt perhaps engaging him on his own turf first to help influence that rather than persist with the more negative strategies.

Thanks again.

And here's to 3 points tonight  :wine:

Craven Mad

Having seen this board have a couple of tough days, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading this thread; it really exemplifies the best of the FoF community.

Great to see so many giving thoughtful and constructive advice to a poster in a tricky situation.

Wish I could add more but I think you've been given great steer already.

Best of luck with your lad, Burt.  :54:

Burt

Thanks CM.

And agreed.

In the past there have been posts asking for advice on certain things and there has always been a good sense of community around that, Mrs B was a bit dubious when I said I was posting something, but I think it has been well worth it.

SirPercival

I play Destiny a fair bit - used to play much more, but had a break and haven't really got back into it. I can understand the feeling of "this is my summer holiday, let me do with it as I please" - I've always been one for doing whatever I want in my own time, fortunately I never had a console when I was younger so that was mainly sleeping rather than gaming.

The lure of Destiny is the online play with friends, this is made possible by a subscription to PS+ (same with many online games these days) so not renewing that might be an idea. He's likely to grow out of it.

Be warned though, Destiny - The Taken King will be available on Sept. 15th, which increases the level cap a fair bit so there will be a lot of gaming to be done to achieve the top level, especially if he has all three characters.

All in all, it sounds like you have a decent structure in place during term time, so as others have said, just try to keep him busy doing something else during the holidays - not too long to go now!

Burt

Thanks Sir P.

And thanks for the heads-up re the release of the next version, that will be a crunch point...