more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

press conference as it happens via Twitter

Started by Lighthouse, August 21, 2015, 01:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Ordar on August 21, 2015, 01:57:38 PM
We're losing a lot of our young players for practically no money. David, Tankovic, Kasami, Williams, Eisfeld, Sambou, Passley, Roberts, (whatever he went for) and now Hyndman

Southampton were selling each of their young players for 10m plus add-ons/sell ons, all the above have left for about 15m combined.
Totally agree - it would seem we are not vey good at youth contracts!

Swiss72

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 21, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
We're losing a lot of our young players for practically no money. David, Tankovic, Kasami, Williams, Eisfeld, Sambou, Passley, Roberts, (whatever he went for) and now Hyndman

Southampton were selling each of their young players for 10m plus add-ons/sell ons, all the above have left for about 15m combined.
Totally agree - it would seem we are not vey good at youth contracts!
Quote from: Ordar on August 21, 2015, 02:25:04 PM
Ream has been given the number 13 shirt. (If you go to buy a home shirt and personalise it you can see)

Surely 5 must be for Dunk.... Surely

Let's hope so. It has been fairly quiet on the rumor front besides the Dunk saga. Links with Tarkowski have disappeared. The only new stuff is the loan of the Arsenal youngster. But do we really need him??

Apprentice to the Maestro

The Southampton players: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers, etc. had at least made some impact on the Southampton first team.

Who in the list of Fulham young players has done that apart from Kasami?

Barrie

You've got to give them regular game time to adapt before they make some impact, surely?  Hyndman has already made enough of an impact from what I saw to be playing regularly.

Riverside

Kasami was the only 1st team starter and I think we got money for him ( though I suspect most of it was not paying Mitro dues ) . Roberts we got money for and more to come ( can argue whether it could have been more ).
It is questionable if any of the others are going to make it at the top level ( if by Williams you mean Ryan not George ).
Hyndman and Dembele are both much closer to the real deal so I hope they do stay or we get money for them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordar

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 21, 2015, 02:40:34 PM

The Southampton players: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers, etc. had at least made some impact on the Southampton first team.

That's true. Although Walcott (21), Oxlade-Chamberlain (36), Bale (40), Chambers (22), Shaw (60) hadn't made that many appearances before being sold (appearance's in brackets).

Just a comparison:

David (6), Tankovic (3), Kasami (38), Williams (2), Eisfeld (7), Sambou (0), Passley(0), Roberts (19), Mesca (1) Trotta (1) and now Hyndman (9)

But yeah there is quite a big difference. Not a great return though overall financially

fulhamben

Quote from: horse1031 on August 21, 2015, 02:07:28 PM
signing imminent...please be Dunk.  Gayle would be good too!
I'd prefer Gayle.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

copthornemike

Difference is that a) Southampton are now in the Premiership, and b) the players they sell are already established first team players, i.e. the bigger teams are paying for certainty, not potential.
To get better prices our young players have to be playing regularly in the first team and only Betts (until his injury anyway) & LVC would appear to be good enough. Hopefully over the next few games Dembele and Burns will play and show they are good enough to be regulars.
Hyndman is unfortunate in that midfield is the strongest part of our current squad - we are unfortunate in that he is a regular for the US team.

os5889 mkII

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 21, 2015, 02:40:34 PM

Kasami wasn't our youth, we paid £4m (I think) for him from Palermo.
@OsmithFFC

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 21, 2015, 04:49:27 PM
Where is Hyndman going?

I don't believe there's even a strong rumor for any club in particular. Just reported (by well connected US sources) interest in England and on the continent. Honestly, I wish the rumors were stronger. If as Kit has implied (loosely), Emerson is not going to re-sign, then he needs to be sold asap. I would imagine that Fulham have a high price tag on him though to fend off all but the most serious buyers while they try and talk him into a new deal. For me, if we were ever going to deviate from the wage structure for a player, Hyndman is the one I'd prefer we do it with.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

McBride78

Where is Hyndman going?

Don't know but this translates to me that talks are completely broken.  If that is the case no need to accommodate him in an already crowded midfield.  Not sure what we can get for him or where he wants to go. 

He would be a fool to go to MLS, but that is one of the places we could likely fetch the highest fee for him at this point. 

sunburywhite

Stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season and people will be saying Emerson who? Lake and Palmer?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 21, 2015, 05:42:12 PM
Stick him in the reserves for the rest of the season and people will be saying Emerson who? Lake and Palmer?

and then he can leave with no compensation to the club. Brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Northern Cottager

Quote from: HatterDon on August 21, 2015, 06:46:54 PM

and then he can leave with no compensation to the club. Brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!  fp.gif

Believe he'd have to go through a tribunal wouldn't he?

BestOfBrede

ELP - what a band!
Wasn't the Tarka label (recording studios) in the old Fulham baths?

Anyway...

We are fools if we don't give Hydman a good lengthy deal and play him regularly!

westcliff white

We would get compo I believe via a tribunal for Hyndman
Every day is a Fulham day

WolverineFFC

Seems Kit already has him in the reserves. He has not played a minute with the 1st team since Dec of 2014.

The club need to sell him and at his age he needs 1st team playing time. It is a shame the club are not playing him, I think he has something to offer right now as a player, not only for the future.

fulhamben

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 21, 2015, 09:00:38 PM

Seems Kit already has him in the reserves. He has not played a minute with the 1st team since Dec of 2014.

The club need to sell him and at his age he needs 1st team playing time. It is a shame the club are not playing him, I think he has something to offer right now as a player, not only for the future.
would you drop ohara for him?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Where is Hyndman going?
Wherever Klinsman can get him set up in Germany.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk