watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Riverside Stand Development

Started by Riversider, August 24, 2015, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Is there one single Fulham Supporter that actually believes that is still going to happen ( or indeed was ever going to happen) ?
The ground enabling works are due to commence at the turn of the year, so in basically 5 or 6 months time ! Can't see it myself,
I've always felt this project was publicity and public relations driven, not a lot of effort was shown during the good times can't see it happening now during slightly rockier times,

I will say this though, Watford had the foresight to continue developing their ground during their time out of The Premier League, even if they get relegated now I can see the work continuing ,

So come on then, Riverside Development, Yes or No ?
(If you answer Yes, can you also add "Why" you believe it will happen)
COYW

Rhys Lightning 63

Yes. Because we won't be in this division forever, we will EVENTUALLY go back up.

Most likely after the appointment of Big Sam
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

west kowloon white

Yes.
Am one of the few who trust Khan and he says so.
Much more likely than the arrival of Big Sam,although we would need more space if he did .

fulhams_finest

no way if Khan won't invest in the team and players why spend more money for a bigger stadium when we're in league 1

Burt

This will be a good indicator of our "ambition"...

gezkc

Riversider

If it does go ahead then it finally puts to bed any lingering doubts that some have that Khan may in some way , use the land that Craven Cottage sits on , to in someway get a return on his massive (excessive) outlay,
If we get more bull s**t reasons to fob us all off again then I'm afraid those doubts will continue.

psand22

Yes, it will happen.  He is a very good business man, and after watching what he has done with the Jaguars facilities..I can't wait to see the finished project.     

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riversider on August 24, 2015, 04:14:30 PM
If it does go ahead then it finally puts to bed any lingering doubts that some have that Khan may in some way , use the land that Craven Cottage sits on , to in someway get a return on his massive (excessive) outlay,
If we get more bull s**t reasons to fob us all off again then I'm afraid those doubts will continue.

I seriously doubt that.

And, yes, I believe that it will happen.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LBNo11

...I have heard from various sources at/close to the club that it will go ahead - of course we may all be being fed a line to appease the masses with false promises - there again it may be the truth.

If we are being fed a line then we will know where we stand with other commitments, if it is the truth it will be a major statement of intent.

Either way we will have to wait and see, no doubt the club will - or won't announce something/nothing as soon as we already know/ don't know, from other sources - as usual...

:022: :023:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

grandad

Yes it will go ahead. As the investment is outside any FFP rules Khan will re-develop it which will bring in non matchday income which will help with the FFP.
Where there's a will there's a wife

copthornemike

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 24, 2015, 01:38:31 PM
Yes.
Am one of the few who trust Khan and he says so.
Much more likely than the arrival of Big Sam,although we would need more space if he did .
I like it - he is called Big Sam for a reason!

WayneKerrins

It will be down to the numbers. If he thinks he can recoup the cost via a higher sale price when he offloads us he will do it. I certainly think it would make us easier to sell.
Also some other benefits from income streams as other posters have commented but these won't be huge. The extra seats will of course be empty for the foreseeable future.

H4usuallysitting

Of course it will get built - when we are ground sharing the Cottage with QPR when they move in.....and then a sustainable model will be Fulham Park Rangers......we could be the Man Utd of the South....incoming

b+w geezer

As just implied, infrastructure investment has a different kind of appeal to investment in players. The cost/benefit considerations are not the same, so unwillingness to spend on the one will not necessarily extend to the other. Cashflow is presumably not an issue, so all in all I'd not be amazed if this went ahead even if spending on the transfer market is meagre.

Andy S

I don't share the optimism. Watford had a side of their ground closed as the structure was deemed unsafe. They still only have a capacity for 21000 If our gates drop We will never have a need for a bigger stadium. Don't forget when we were promoted our gates were 17,000 and only increased on our return to the cottage after two seasons at QPR. We need promotion for all sorts of reasons

fcfulham55

Quote from: grandad on August 24, 2015, 05:25:52 PM
Yes it will go ahead. As the investment is outside any FFP rules Khan will re-develop it which will bring in non matchday income which will help with the FFP.

Finally someone talking sense.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulham traveller

Never in a million years, I never believed it then, and don't believe it now, the same way, Gillette and hicks made false promises at Liverpool, the same  at Pompey all these great plans came to nothing, we don't even make statements about it, so I will happily bet money with any other poster, this was not even khans idea, he was left with this from Al frayed, we ain't got no money to buy the shovel

SG

I too will be amazed if this goes ahead whilst our current plight on the pitch continues. If there is a significant upturn in our fortunes then it may be given the green light but I am not holding my breath - on either event happening