News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

Started by mike_corkcity12, August 24, 2015, 01:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

I think Roy Hodgson would have a heart attack.

I have the clips of all goals conceded and screenshots if anyone wants to write a tactical analysis on it/

Reznor

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Reznor on August 24, 2015, 01:49:15 PM
Wow, talk about a lack of shape.

Lack of shape. 6 of our outfield players ball watching, displaying a lack of awareness to mark the free striker. Unbelievable. All the goals bar the Cardiff goal that we have conceded are incredibly lame.

shnlwswlkr

6 men on 1 man whilst 2 others just roam free for Huddersfield. We're getting relegated.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Fulham76

Northern Cottager

bill taylors apprentice

I saw this shambles of a defence by stop starting my recording of the match and wasn't surprised as its been a common scenario for a long time now.

Just to pick on one element, we have in Bodurov a player on the face of it is no mug.
He wins more than his fair share of headers in open play and gets stuck in but he fails to communicate with and plays almost independently of his team mates.

He is drawn to the ball and often is unaware of the play going on around him, unlike Senderos he doesn't make really obvious mistakes at first glance, but flatters to deceive and is a liability.   

NogoodBoyo

Oh god, why did you have to ruin my day by mentioning Sir Roy Hodgson.  That's all we need is another one of him.  We found one before.  Why can't we find one again?
Nogood "it's all about shape in defence it is, isit" Boyo

Funky Fulham Dave

alfie

Talking of Bod, he was given a pass in his own half and was immediately hounded down by Hudders player he had no outlet except back to the keeper, was not his fault he had no choice, but guess what supporters around me were booing him, he was on a no win whatever he done, if he tried to play it out and lost it he would have been crucified.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

The worrying thing is that the ball was actually up the other end :)

MJG

Bodurov's man it's really that simple. He has no awareness of what's going on around him time and time again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Burt on August 24, 2015, 02:40:26 PM
The worrying thing is that the ball was actually up the other end :)
Brilliant!

Fulham Chaz

You should watch the tape 2 seconds before that image and watch Voser come inside to shut the 17 down but still show him inside anyway - mainly because Burn kept backing off but he seems to be labelled a hero on here for some reason... Still, opinions make for good conversation.

It was comical on a number of times on Saturday but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as it's been like it for ages now.

What is glaringly obvious is that Kit not only isn't capable of turning things around, but he is not teaching/coaching his players into breaking out of bad habits either. Whilst Burn didn't shut the ball or player down (which I think is to blame initially) Bodurov again let his man drift off him and that same man became the goalscorer - have a look back at Hull's winning goal.

If this happened at the level of football I played that centre half wouldn't play again!!! Bodurov has played 30-40 games I'm guessing? Surely it doesn't take that long to work out! Plus Kit must see (or maybe he doesn't see it with our lack of movement in attack) this happen every day in training.

5 games in and we are now fearing a home game against a lower league club in a cup tie. Oh dear!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Number 8 also looks in a good position for a through ball if the other 'yellow guy' didn't get it.

The shadow of Lonnegan's head also looks like he is way too far to the right of the goal when surely
he should be more central ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2015, 02:41:22 PM
Bodurov's man it's really that simple. He has no awareness of what's going on around him time and time again.

100% correct same as the goal midweek from Bod
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham Chaz

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2015, 03:11:26 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2015, 02:41:22 PM

100% correct same as the goal midweek from Bod

Agreed but that is just the tip of the ice berg - replacing Bodurov doesn't mean we have a good defence!

Ordar

Beamer

nose

Quote from: alfie on August 24, 2015, 02:38:06 PM
Talking of Bod, he was given a pass in his own half and was immediately hounded down by Hudders player he had no outlet except back to the keeper, was not his fault he had no choice, but guess what supporters around me were booing him, he was on a no win whatever he done, if he tried to play it out and lost it he would have been crucified.

i thought they were booing the team not him per se. I think too many teams end up playing the ball backwards far too often. I am not a lump it up to the big men fan but occasionally you have to take a chance and put the ball into dangerous areas, nowadays everyone seems to prefer to pass sideways and backwards rather than gamble.

but on the occasion I think you mean, I felt sure the jeering was against the whole team and manager, I thought boudders had no option other than too play it backwards.