more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (01/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 01, 2015, 08:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ream: Confidence Is Winning

Tim Ream says confidence is high in the Fulham camp after they secured a second win in five days at Rotherham United.

The Whites followed up Tuesday's 3-0 Capital One Cup triumph over Sheffield United with a deserved three points at the New York Stadium to give Ream a 100 per cent start to his Fulham career.

"It's obviously nice to get the win in the cup on Tuesday and follow it up with our first league win," our new arrival told the official website. "It's always nice to get that first one under your belt, especially before that first international break.

"Winning is confidence, and confidence is winning, so it's good to get those three points and do it in the fashion that we did.

"It was a typical Championship game. They elected to pump the ball forward and create chances through flick-ons and second balls and we at times dealt with it well and other times not so well.

"It's one of those games that we're going to see again very often in this league. But it's three points so we'll take that and run with it."

The Whites stormed into an early two-goal lead on Saturday courtesy of Ben Pringle's first for the club against his former employers, and Ross McCormack's penalty.

Andrew Lonergan then pulled off a fantastic save to deny Matt Derbyshire from 12 yards after the restart, although the Millers did pull one back through Jonson Clarke-Harris after Fulham were caught in possession.

That set up a tense finale, but Cauley Woodrow was on hand to sweep home a third in stoppage time to send the visiting fans home happy.

"2-0 going into half-time is a good score for us obviously, but it's also probably the most dangerous score because if they get one then they're right back in it," Ream explained. "For Lonners to come up huge with the penalty save, I think it really opened our eyes a little bit and got us going again and we picked it up after that.

"Obviously their goal comes from a few mistakes but you try to limit those as much as possible, and we did well to gain control of the game again and Cauley finished it off in added-time."

Things couldn't have gone much better for Ream so far, with two wins in a week rounded off by a call-up to the United States squad for their friendly matches against Peru and Brazil.

The cup win on Tuesday was the defender's first game of the season having suffered with a dead leg, but he's confident that full fitness is just around the corner.

"I'm a little stiff right now, a little sore," he said after the game. "The last 10/15 minutes was pretty tough for me not having played in four weeks and then playing 80 minutes on Tuesday and then the second game.

"I've not played two games in a week for probably three months so it was good to get it under my belt. I'm used to doing it but with the lay-off and the transfer it's been a bit difficult to get a game. I'm feeling alright, so I'll go away for internationals and will come back even fresher."

Ream has been partnered in defence by Dan Burn in his two games so far. With both players being naturally left-footed, it's Ream who's taken up a position as the right centre-back – something that doesn't bother him in the slightest.

"I feel alright playing there," he said. "I get that question a lot about where I'd rather play, and my standard answer is I'd rather be on the field. It doesn't bother me one bit because I'm pretty comfortable using my right for most things.

"Seeing balls coming at different angles is the biggest thing but that doesn't bother me one bit. We were joking actually that there's the most lefties on this team that I've ever seen – they're all over the pitch!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/31/ream-confidence-is-winning?

WhiteJC

Vydra on Fulham radar

Fulham are understood to be keen on securing a deal for out-of-favour Watford striker Matej Vydra, according to reports.

Vydra is yet to play a single minute of football for the newly-promoted club in the Premier League this season and looks set to leave before Tuesday's deadline.

Odion Igalho and Troy Deeney have been the preferred options for boss Quique Sanchez Flores after four games of the new campaign.

Fulham are understood to be one of a number of Championship clubs looking at the 23-year-old, who netted 16 times in the second tier last term.

The Cottagers are keen to provide more competition for Ross McCormack and Cauley Woodrow in the forward line after losing Hugo Rodallega at the start of the summer.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/watford/vydra-on-fulham-radar-1780055.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham reject Feyenoord's approach for Moussa Dembele as they look to sign Gary Hooper on loan
Feyenoord had a £750,000 bid for striker Moussa Dembele rejected
Fulham have signed defender Richard Stearman from Wolves for £2m
Kit Symons' side also looking at taking striker Gary Hooper on loan

Fulham have rejected an offer of £750,000 from Feyenoord for striker Moussa Dembele.

Dembele, 19, is in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage but has started the last two games for Kit Symons' side.

Moussa Dembele has stared the last two games for Fulham and they have rejected a move from Feyenoord

Fulham are keen to sign Norwich striker Gary Hooper (left) on loan for the season

Fulham are also re-considering their proposed move for Lyon defender Bakary Kone after signing Richard Stearman from Wolves for £2million.

The 27-year-old Kone has been in London over the weekend discussing terms – but reports in France suggest that Fulham have ended their interest in the player.

Fulham rejected an approach from Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday for Ross McCormack and are interested in adding Gary Hooper on loan from Norwich.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3216981/Fulham-reject-Feyenoord-s-approach-Moussa-Dembele-look-sign-Gary-Hooper-loan.html#ixzz3kTCltpxx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Lonergan on Life at Fulham

Stepping into the void left by the injury suffered by Marcus Bettinelli, our summer signing Andy Lonergan is is continuing to shine between the posts.

The 31-year-old keeper played a major part in the side gaining their first win of the season at Millmoor, against Rotherham, saving a penalty kick when our hosts looked as if they might get back into the game.

Speaking about the save Lonergan has this to say after the game,

"I felt good leading up to the penalty because I thought the lads were outstanding.

"It wasn`t against the run of play. I hadn`t had a save to make before the penalty.

"I was just earning my money."

And on life in general at Craven Cottage, Lonergan added,

"There`s been a feel-good factor at Fulham even without winning games. It`s such a positive place for me.

"We`ve brought in some experienced players but on the flip side we`ve got a lot of young lads so you`ve got to give them time."

After a poor start to the season I get the feeling things are starting to improve.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=411885#ixzz3kTDIONe9

WhiteJC

BRISTOL CITY: Ryan Fredericks signs for Fulham on three-year deal

Bristol City are thought to have recouped their money after Ryan Fredericks completed his move to Fulham on a three-year deal ahead of tomorrow's transfer deadline.

The Robins paid Tottenham in the region of £250,000 for the former England Under-19 international when they signed him from Premier League Tottenham in July.

But things did not work out for the 22-year-old right wing-back at Ashton Gate and he has returned to London just 27 days after he signed for City.

Fulham came in for Fredericks last Friday night and the player was omitted from City's squad to face Burnley at the weekend while the details of a deal were thrashed out.

Fredericks penned a three-year contract at City less than a month ago and made just five first-team appearances during that time. He was left on the bench at Middlesbrough last week as manager Steve Cotterill selected Mark Little, who played more than an hour in a 1-0 win at the Riverside.

Cotterill sought to explain the Londoner's departure in terms of "personal reasons," saying "it is best that Ryan plays his football in London at this moment in time."

Fredericks has become Fulham manager Kit Symons' 12th summer signing.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Ryan-Fredericks-set-complete-Fulham/story-27708966-detail/story.html#ixzz3kTEOzF3F
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

WhiteJC

Plumain's Loan Deal

The Club can confirm that Ange-Freddy Plumain has joined Red Star on loan for the duration of the 2015/16 season.

We wish the forward luck during his time with the Parisian outfit.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/31/plumains-loan-deal?

WhiteJC

Fulham to Get Fredericks at Second Attempt?

News is breaking this afternoon suggesting Fulham are on the verge of signing a right-back.

However, it`s one of those transfers that will certainly be placed in the strange category.

The right back in question is Ryan Fredericks who signed for Bristol City on a three year deal, from Tottenham a mere twenty-eight days ago

Since signing for Bristol City, 22-year-old Fredericks has made five appearances for the club before deciding to ask to leave for personal reasons.

With his wish presumably granted, Fredericks is set to return to London with Fulham offering him a contract.

Coincidentally, Fulham were after Fredericks before Bristol City signed him, so it would, if our source hitc is correct.

Being born in Potters Bar I guess Fredericks just couldn`t live life outside of London!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=411907#ixzz3kTF0W7VA

WhiteJC

Fulham Signs Fredericks

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Fredericks on a three-year deal from Bristol City for an undisclosed fee.

A right-back by trade, Fredericks came through the Tottenham Hotspur academy, making his debut for the club in a goalless draw with Hearts in the UEFA Europa League Play-Offs in 2011, before featuring twice in the Group Stage.

The following season he made five appearances on loan at Brentford before being recalled to White Hart Lane.

Fredericks tasted European football again for Spurs in a 4-1 win against Anzhi Makhachkala in December 2013, before joining Millwall on loan the following month. His spell in South-East London saw him sample regular first team football as he played 14 times in the Championship, and scored the winning goal on his Lions debut against Ipswich Town.

He agreed a season-long loan deal to Middlesbrough last term and featured 19 times – including twice against Fulham – as the Teeside club reached the Play-Off Final.

The 22-year-old then joined Bristol City on a permanent deal earlier this month, and featured five times for the Robins prior to joining the Whites.

Speaking to the official website upon completion of the transfer, Fredericks said: "When I heard of the interest from Fulham I jumped at the chance and I'm delighted that we got it done so quickly.

"It's a massive club that belongs back in the Premier League. Fulham's a great area with big fans – it's a good club."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/31/fulham-sign-fredericks?

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Fredericks on three-year deal
by DAN on AUGUST 31, 2015

Fulham have this afternoon confirmed the signing of Bristol City full-back Ryan Fredericks for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.

The Whites moved quickly to secure the former Tottenham youngster's signature after City boss Steve Cotterill revealed that Fredericks had asked to move on from Bristol City less than a month after deciding to join the newly promoted Championship side. Fredericks had been highly rated at White Hart Lane, making his first-team debut in Spurs' Europa League tie against Hearts back in 2011, and impressed during a brief loan spell at Brentford the following season.

Fredericks also spent time on loan at Millwall, scoring on his debut against Ipswich, and Middlesbrough, whom he helped reach last season's Championship play-off final, and has already featured in five Championship matches for Bristol City this campaign. The 22 year-old is expected to challenge Jazz Richards for the right back spot, with academy product Jack Grimmer facing a long lay-off after being stretchered off against Wycombe in the Capital One Cup earlier this month.

Fredericks told Fulham's official website:

When I heard of the interest from Fulham I jumped at the chance and I'm delighted that we got it done so quickly. It's a massive club that belongs back in the Premier League. Fulham's a great area with big fans – it's a good club.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/08/fulham-sign-fredericks-on-three-year-deal/?

WhiteJC

Ryan Fredericks: Fulham sign Bristol City wing-back

Bristol City wing-back Ryan Fredericks has signed for Championship rivals Fulham, only 25 days after joining the Robins from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 22-year-old joined City for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract on 6 August.

He started four of City's opening five matches, but has now signed a three-year deal with the Cottagers.

"When I heard of the interest from Fulham I jumped at the chance," said Fredericks.

"I'm delighted that we got it done so quickly. It's a massive club that belongs back in the Premier League. Fulham's a great area with big fans - it's a good club."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34107716

WhiteJC

REPORT: FULHAM TURNS DOWN MULTIPLE OFFERS FOR EMERSON HYNDMAN

Although Emerson Hyndman has received considerable interest this summer, it does not look like he is set to depart Fulham any time soon.

Goal USA reported Monday that Hyndman, 19, will remain with the Championship club through the transfer deadline and not head elsewhere. The promising midfielder had reportedly been the subject of numerous loan and transfer offers, but Fulham has decided to retain the player.

In the final year of his contract, Hyndman was reportedly targeted by Spanish outfit Elche and Dutch side Cambuur, among other clubs, in the aftermath of a strong Under-20 World Cup run.

Currently with the U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team for a pair of friendlies before Olympic qualifying begins in October, Hyndman has not yet featured for Fulham this season.

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/08/multiple-emerson-hyndman.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham facing legal action as Lyon owner threatens to complain to FIFA following Bakary Kone transfer collapse    
Fulham looked set to sign Bakary Kone from Lyon but pulled out
Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas was left frustrated by the situation
Aulas will launch an official complaint with FIFA

Fulham are facing an official complaint from Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas after pulling out of a deal to sign defender Bakary Kone.

Aulas claims he will call on FIFA after a £1.7million deal fell through. The 27-year-old centre-back had been ready to travel to London, but the Cottagers reneged.

Aulas told reporters: 'There was a disagreement with the club, but for us Kone was a Fulham player.'

Fulham looked set to sign Bakary Kone from Lyon but pulled out of the deal at the last minute

Meanwhile, Fulham have signed Ryan Fredericks from Bristol City who are in talks with Leicester City to sign England U21 international defender Liam Moore on loan.

Kit Symons' side are currently 14th in the SkyBet Championship table with five points from their first five games.

Elsewhere, Crystal Palace midfielder Barry Bannan, 25, has joined Sheffield Wednesday. Dundee have signed midfielder Riccardo Calder, 19, on loan from Aston Villa until January.

The 27-year-old Burkina Faso international centre-back was ready to travel to London for his move

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217503/Fulham-facing-legal-action-Lyon-owner-threatens-complain-FIFA-following-Bakary-Kone-transfer-collapse.html#ixzz3kTH3pXnb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham considering making late move for Norwich City striker

Sky Bet Championship side Fulham are considering making a late move to sign Norwich City striker Gary Hooper, as his move to Sheffield Wednesday stalls, Football League World have been informed by a source close to Fulham.

The 27-year-old was bought by Norwich City from Celtic in 2013 for £5 million, but only managed six goals in his first season at the club, and following their relegation, he then scored 12 goals in the Championship to help them back to promotion.

Despite coming on against Southampton on Sunday, he looks prepped for a move away from the Canaries, with Sheffield Wednesday thought to be the main suitors for his signature.

A move to Hillsborough looked all but done, but it's now beginning to stall and now FLW have been informed that Championship rivals Fulham have enquired into his services.

The Whites hardly lack firepower, but adding Hooper certainly wouldn't hurt as they look for a far better season than the horror show Craven Cottage experienced in 2014/15 Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-considering-making-late-move-for-norwich-city-striker/?#uUKViY2HfUGqcdiI.99

WhiteJC

WATCH: The prolific goalscorer Fulham hope to beat Sheffield Wednesday to

Former Celtic striker Gary Hooper looks to be heading to Fulham. (Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images)

Fulham hope to secure a loan deal for Norwich forward Gary Hooper before the transfer window closes.

Hooper had been strongly linked with a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday after making just two substitute appearances for the Canaries since promotion to the Premier League.

The former Celtic man cost £5 million after scoring 63 league goals in just 90 starts for the Bhoys and he managed a respectable 12 last season in the Championship.

And Fulham are now keen to boost their attacking options with a loan move for the 27-year-old.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/watch_the_prolific_goalscorer_fulham_hope_to_beat_sheffield_wednesday_to_1_4215443
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Stearman undergoing Fulham medical
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 1, 2015

Richard Stearman is having a medical at Fulham this morning ahead of his proposed £2m move from Wolves.

The Wolves skipper was left out of their squad by manager Kenny Jackett for Saturday's 2-1 win over Charlton Athletic after the two clubs agreed a fee. The deal is believed to be worth £2m, with Fulham paying a million up front and with another million in potential add-ons. The 28 year-old centre back, who was voted Wolves' player of the year last season, has made 224 appearances in seven years at Moulineux and has previous Championship experience with both Leicester and Ipswich Town.

Stearman's arrival could prompt a defensive departure at Craven Cottage, although not the one that had been rumoured overnight. It had been reported that Dan Burn was close to completing a surprise move to Sheffield United, but reports this morning are suggesting that Fulham have offered Nikolay Bodurov on loan to a number of Championship clubs and have received several positive responses.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/09/stearman-undergoing-fulham-medical/?

WhiteJC

Taggart set for Dundee United and Fulham look to ship out Bodurov

Adam Taggart is set to join Dundee United on loan from Fulham, who are looking to send Nikolay Bodurov out on loan.

Bulgarian defender Bodurov, 29, will slip down the pecking order following the arrival of Richard Stearman, who is having a medical ahead of a move from Wolves.

Australian Taggart, 22, has not made a first-team appearance for the Whites since being signed from Newcastle Jets last summer.

He is set to spend the rest of the season in Scotland after a deal was agreed with United.

Bodurov, meanwhile, also moved to Craven Cottage a year ago and has since made 41 league appearances.

Fulham manager Kit Symons has been keen to sign another centre-back in addition to Tim Ream, who was recently brought in from Bolton.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/taggart-set-for-dundee-united-and-fulham-look-to-ship-out-bodurov?

WhiteJC

Fulham reject Blades' bid for Burn
by DAN on SEPTEMBER 1, 2015

Fulham have turned down a bid from Sheffield United for central defender Dan Burn.

The former Darlington defender had been heavily linked with a move to the Blades overnight and could be pushed down the pecking order by the potential arrival of new centre backs at Craven Cottage on deadline day. Burn, who has 38 appearances for the Whites since joining Fulham in 2011, started the opening game of the season at Cardiff, but was then only restored to the side for the visit of Huddersfield Town. He played against Sheffield United as Fulham won the Capital One Cup meeting between the sides in midweek and started Saturday's 3-1 win at Rotherham.

United are apparently still confident that they will be able to conclude a permanent deal for the 23 year-old before the transfer deadline tonight.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/09/fulham-reject-blades-bid-for-burn/?

WhiteJC

OFFICIAL: CHELSEA PIP FULHAM AND QPR TO SIGN PAPY DJILOBODJI FROM NANTES (PHOTO)

Having been shot down in their pursuit of John Stones, Chelsea have gone out and signed the next best thing in the shape of Nantes centre-back Papy Djilobodji.

Chelsea are yet to emit any official word, but Nantes have confirmed that transfer via a statement on their club website...

Previously courted by the likes of Fulham, Trabzonspor, Sunderland and QPR, 27-year-old Djilobodji has signed a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge and cost an estimated £2.7million.

Take your pick as to which of those four clubs he's going to end up on loan at in a year's time.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/222412/official-chelsea-pip-qpr-and-sunderland-to-sign-papy-djilobodji-from-nantes-photo.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham complete transfer double over QPR

Ream and Fredericks both end up at Craven Cottage

Cottage capture: Ryan Fredericks

Fulham's capture of Ryan Fredericks from Bristol City just 27 days after the ex-Tottenham player moved to Ashton Gate is the second time in a month the Whites gazumped neighbours QPR.

Fredericks was on the Rs wish list before they signed James Perch from Wigan, while the club harboured hopes of Tim Ream from Bolton before he moved to Craven Cottage instead.

Chances are both Ream and Fredericks will line up against Chris Ramsey's men when Fulham take on Rs at home later this month.

In a surprise move, the 22-year-old cited 'personal' reasons for the sudden switch, with Bristol boss Steve Cotterill adding that: "it is best that Ryan plays his football in London at this moment in time."

Middlesbrough's Ryan Fredericks (L) in action against Brentford's Stuart Dallas

A strange reason given Fredericks featured 19 times for far-flung Middlesbrough last term while his loan team made the Championship play-off final.

The player penned a three-year deal making him Kit Symons' 12th signing of the summer and one who will directly challenge Jazz Richards, himself a £550k new addition, for the right-back spot.

Fredericks added on his Twitter account: "Thank you to the relevant people at the club for making it happen so quickly. Can't wait to start.

"Been a strange few weeks but as Bristol City have already announced I have left the club due to personal matters."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-complete-transfer-double-over-9967946?

WhiteJC

Fetch Dan Burn

The race against time is a plot device beloved of many film makers.

Who can forget Crocodile Dundee, in which Mick is on his way out of town, only for Sue to realise what she's about to lose. She gets to the station in double quick time but has to relay her message to Mick via other passengers, so crowded is the concourse. Memorably, she shouts "I'm not going to marry Richard!" and this message is bounced along the platform and Mick gets it and changes his mind.

In fact I even saw an example of this yesterday, in Hotel Transylvania, when Count Dracula had to chase down an aeroplane containing the man his daughter had fallen for, a man driven away by the Count's attempts to do exactly this: make him leave! Of course the Count realised he had made a mistake, but it was very nearly too late to rectify the situation. In the end he had to catch up an aeroplane then trasmit a message over the flight's intercom by effectively 'possessing' the pilot. But it worked, so.

(Note: I can't convey this easily here as photos aren't backing me up, but Dracula looked a lot like Rene Meulensteen).

And so on. There are millions of examples, most requiring the retrieval of a person of a person 'on his way' following the realisation that a mistake has been made.

Here's another: Dan Burn is, as we speak, being talked about as a potential signing for Sheffield United. If this is true – if there's any truth to it – Tony Khan needs to get on the phone, get on an aeroplane, just do something, to stop it. Burn is young, has played quite well, and statistically looks reasonable (whoscored had him as our best player last year, and we found in deeper analysis that only LCV and Ruiz were more important to Fulham).  He won't peak for a while.  And we shouldn't just keep giving away our youngsters.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/fetch-dan-burn/?