watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks Like Hughes

Started by Ordar, July 28, 2010, 11:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Most betting has been suspended now, with Hughes as low as 1/10 on Skybet.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/fulham-specials/next-permanent-manager

Probably means its a done deal

Lighthouse

Which if true is another backward step as far as time is concerned. Hughes may well want to bring in a whole new backroom staff, which could well have been the sticking point. This will delay us even more. If it was Hughes it should have been Hughes three weeks ago.

Still we wait.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

Probably - but I've been following Oddschecker since Roy left, and it's been as short as that before - for Jol and Sven. Since the Jol debacle I'm never going to believe anything until contracts have been signed and we see a photo of the man with a Fulham scarf!

LH: Hughes would be a safe pair of hands though, no?

Lighthouse

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 28, 2010, 12:05:46 PM
Probably - but I've been following Oddschecker since Roy left, and it's been as short as that before - for Jol and Sven. Since the Jol debacle I'm never going to believe anything until contracts have been signed and we see a photo of the man with a Fulham scarf!

LH: Hughes would be a safe pair of hands though, no?

Oh yes he would and many of our choices before Jol. Pleased enough if it is, but the whole backroom change and delay is just frustrating of coarse.

Jimpav

He's been mentioned in a few of the papers today as well.

Not a bad decision but we will have to see.

Tktd

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2010, 12:01:09 PM
Which if true is another backward step as far as time is concerned. Hughes may well want to bring in a whole new backroom staff, which could well have been the sticking point. This will delay us even more. If it was Hughes it should have been Hughes three weeks ago.

Still we wait.

I'm not sure Hughes will actually want to bring in other back room staff - why would he? He's been outa job so long that all the staff he had on board with him at other posts will have probably settled into other jobs. Then if you look at everything else and the fact we hav a pretty good back room staff at the moment (Mike Kelly and Ray Lewington) then why would he.

Mike Kelly has been around the block, has a close personal relationship with MArk Schwarzer - a key figure in the team and between the posts and arguably one of the best in the league/world at times. Then you have Mr Fulham himself in Ray Lewington - he's been on board throughout every single manager appointment and sacking through recent years and for me, I can imagine MAF seeing him as a good stable prescence which is almost a condition of any appointment that they let him stay. Lewington is the stability that every club needs and that includes for the players and backroom staff - he'd be a great guy to help ease any new manager into the job as he's been at the club on anf off throughout his entire life and probably knows the club better then most.

Therefore if he comes then you can't say he'd come in and want his own backroom staff - all his previous jobs have also indicated he works with what he's given, whether it's been transfer budgets or players that have been at the clubs previous to his appointment. I would though it has to be said love to see mark hughes bring in Stephen Ireland to the club as I think he'd be a great successor to Murphy. Ireland and another Striker and I think we could move on quite well. Also we may have already signed Steve Sidwell so hose three would add much needed youth and talent to our squad.

Jimpav

Wouldn't be surprised if Mike Kelly got snapped up by Liverpool though.

os5889

Hughes:-

Great international career, nearly took Wales to Euro 2008, lost playoff to cheating druggy russians (1-0 loss over 2 legs) and had 2 wins over Italy in the group (my old favourite football memory before last season)

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift with impatient overexpectant City board.

Hodgson: -
Great international career, nearly took Finland to World Cup 2010, led Switzerland to Euro 1996

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift from player selling impatient board

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on July 28, 2010, 02:58:52 PM

Great international career, nearly took Wales to Euro 2008, lost playoff to cheating druggy russians (1-0 loss over 2 legs) and had 2 wins over Italy in the group (my old favourite football memory before last season)

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift with impatient overexpectant City board.

Great international career, nearly took Finland to World Cup 2010, led Switzerland to Euro 1996

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift from player selling impatient board

os5889, your view wouldn't be tainted by a welsh bias would it  :015:

os5889

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 28, 2010, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: os5889 on July 28, 2010, 02:58:52 PM

os5889, your view wouldn't be tainted by a welsh bias would it  :015:

Personally think Hughes is a bit of a B-lister, plays negative tactics, often completely delusionally believing it'll be alright when it wont.

I'd have preferred Mr Eriksson, Houlier or even Klinnsmann as the targets we all seem to want would be more drawn to a big name. Having said that we do NEED a boss ASAP!

AlFayedsChequebook

I am gradually warming to the idea of Hughes. There is definitely one positive and that is he is very motivated and wants to be successful. He has a point to prove to the Man City board too.

TonyGilroy

He's proved he can do the job, he's high profile and he's ambitious.

I'll be happy if he's appointed.

tingtawng

its another spoof , R.L will have to be ditched and i cant see Mo doing that to R.L after all these years .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: tingtawng on July 28, 2010, 04:15:05 PM
its another spoof , R.L will have to be ditched and i cant see Mo doing that to R.L after all these years .

Yeah i cant see one small man stopping the totally unruthless Mo making a sound business decision  :doh: .

Mr Fulham

I think Lewington will stay.
Maybe a team Hughes/Bowen/Lewington/Kelly?

richardhkirkando

I thought Kelly already went to Liverpool, or am I imagining that?

Burt

Bring him on... He's British, he's got fire in his belly, and at least there is some premier league and European track record in there.

Sector9

as long as money/contracts can be agreed, it will be hughes (me thinks)

Tom

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 28, 2010, 04:59:54 PM

I think Lewington will stay.
Maybe a team Hughes/Bowen/Lewington/Kelly?
I would take that group happily.
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Quote from: richardhkirkando on July 28, 2010, 05:36:06 PM
I thought Kelly already went to Liverpool, or am I imagining that?

Kelly has been in Sweden with Fulham.

News on the tittle tattle is that we will hear something tomorrow. A mate of mine who works for the BBC said to me today ' If you don't F@*% Off and stop trying to go on Spooks I'll set the dogs on you you fat slob' So looks like it could be on.