watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i'm not going to sugar coat it

Started by crazycottager, September 19, 2015, 04:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

kit is what he is. an inexperienced manager at this level. if we want to get promoted we need a better manager.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on September 19, 2015, 06:23:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2015, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: nose on September 19, 2015, 06:07:29 PM
i have noticed that those that support the 'early days' it will be alright when the new players gel' crowd tend to come out the day after another bad result. I wonder if we can tempt them to speak up today...

I very much doubt it. There comes a time when nobody can defend the indefensible. Our defending from set pieces is worse than Sunday morning football.

woolly i bet that tomorrow or monday there is plenty of defence for the team... it is a good squad.... need time... unlucky.... good spiirited fight back... brand new back 4....  and my favourite... get behind the lads, criticism doesn't help!

Wait and see
When does inexperienced become just a bad manager. After all he has had a whole year in charge
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tonywa

At the risk of repeating myself I said a few weeks ago that I thought , in general, the club had recruited well during the summer and while we have a much stronger group of players than at this stage of last season ultimately the change in personnel will make little difference unless we have a more tactically aware manager, able to coach the team properly and motivate the players. In reality our much-trumpeted three match unbeaten run consisted of games against the reserves of a team a division below us, a narrow win at the division's bottom team and a win against as side that totally outplayed us for an hour of the game and who could, with a bit more luck and without such an inspired performance from our keeper, have scored six or seven goals against us.If it is not clear by now that Kit is just not up to the job I wonder what will convince people.  If we are not careful we will have another wasted season without even challenging for a playoff place and see yet more of our youngsters leave the club because they are unhappy with the situation.  Yet more goals conceded from set pieces and while I totally take on board the fact that the defenders have only just begun playing together does anyone really have any confidence that things will get better without a change in management? I know I certainly don't. We are still making exactly the same mistakes as we were twelve months ago, but this time with a far stronger group of players. What more proof is needed?

GloucesterWhite

I thought the odds offered by the bookies for our relegation were too pessimistic, but it seems they are about right.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 19, 2015, 05:30:26 PM
Exciting tennis and we won in the final set of the doubles to go 2-1 up. Could have gone either way.

Get back to the football and we as usual ignore the players and attack the manager. This forum is beginning to be as predictable as our defenders are at set pieces.

What is your point lighthouse?

It appears you are still defending Symons and are now blaming not only the players but us as fans for being upset at having to pay to watch this garbage.

Its time for you to wake up and smell the coffee!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 19, 2015, 11:54:34 PM
Exciting tennis and we won in the final set of the doubles to go 2-1 up. Could have gone either way.

Get back to the football and we as usual ignore the players and attack the manager. This forum is beginning to be as predictable as our defenders are at set pieces.

It appears you are still defending Symons and are now blaming not only the players but us as fans for being upset at having to pay to watch this garbage.

I shall tell you what really puzzles me. Fans keep saying it is the managers fault for his poor coaching. Once we sack him everything will be fine. But there are no details there. No mention that it could be his fault for asking a forward as poor as Dembele to do what Smith does at defending set pieces. So now I have given you a bit more of an argument and a chance to give a bit of details to your sack the manager points. We could have a decent discussion. But I guess that may be a bit hard when you have only one mantra. So I am just saying how predictable you are. Not a criticism. You and this Forum are just really dull.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Reznor

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 20, 2015, 01:14:40 AM
It is becoming clear that the manager is not getting the best out of the players, he has been in the job a year, and nothing appears to  have changed. A decent manager will get a team and players playing for him sooner rather than later. Take Gary Monk Swansea. Tony Pullis at WBA and Palace. Take Pardew at palace. Hodgson at Fulham etc etc etc. how long does Symons need for heavens sake. He isn't even close. Is he the kind if bloke to inspire players to play for him, I doubt it. He hasn't got what it takes, he never has and never will. But the Chairman will not change anything because Symons is cheap, and the absent chairman has no empathy with the club, he is not a supporter, he has no ambition for Fulham, he couldn't care less. We will never have another M A as Chairman, Symons is completely out of his depth, that is obvious. Since Khan has been involved, we have had bad manager after bad manager. We have better players than last year who are the right characters, but Symons still can't organise and manage and lead, he is incapable, and furthermore he knows it. He stumbles around with an embarrassed grin his face like a bloke who can't believe he is still in the job. Under this absent Chairman, this club has no ambition, than to avoid relegation, and we are further hamstrung by an unsuitable manager. He will not have his contract renewed, but another year would have been wasted, and if because of the poor decision making by the board and manager, this may result in an exodus of players if we don't get a proper decent manager, whereupon we will be in an even worse position than we are now.
Pretty much spot on Woolly. I just do not understand how some don't see it, maybe they just don't want to. Still, gates will continue to drop and something will eventually have to be changed by Mr Nobody(Khan).

Forever Fulham

Something strange here.  Over 60% possession in this last game.  A string of recent wins, some of which produced  the finest overall play seen by the faithful in YEARS.  And if you go back and read the post mortems from those games, you hear nothing but praise for Kit and Riggs and Khan and the players.  Talk of turning the corner.  Talk of a breath of fresh air.  Of exciting and enjoyable football.  Yet in this last game set pieces kill us.  And the managerial staff is once again said to be worthless and has to go.  Arc of improvement had a hiccup.  Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.  There is real improvement overall.  Remember Chelsea v. Man U recently?  The first half of that game was some of the worse football I have seen in the EPL in ages.  Teams stocked with talent, especially Chelsea.  With world class managers.  And yet none one but both teams stunk up  the joint.   My point is that if you just looked at that alone, you'd say those teams and managers were rubbish.  Don't give up on the positives of the last few games.  Sometimes you get unlucky.  And a few moments can make you look bad, worse, far worse than you really are.  We had 60+% possession, a new goal keeper,  a sub at that,  new centre backs, new full backs, new all over the  pitch.  Hold your fire.  I'm coming out to talk.  Let's show more patience.

bobbo

I say wait for woy and way I reckon they maybe available after the euros

1975 just leaving home full of hope

colinwhite

I hear you FF. The problem is that have a very fragile support at the moment. We need stability  at the back , to organise our defence so we are solid in all situations and then more people will start to believe. Another hitch  is that by the time we approach nearing those goals we may already be looking at next year. Maybe that is already the plan .

snarks

I'm only going to judge him on this season, last season is done and the team has a line up of 10 different players compared to this time last season, ok so losing is a disappointment but more points than at this stage and lost yesterday after 3 straight wins. It seems to me that to appease the kit out brigade he has to win every match. That isn't going to happen.

I'll support the manager whoever it is, if he's replaced I'll support the new guy too.

FulhamStu

Symons was the one talking about needing clean sheets before the game, yet we defend set pieces like school kids.   This is not a new issue.  We have had a problem defending corners for a year.  Players are not marking, not challenging and not getting off the ground to win headers.  Its basic errors at defending set pieces.  Symons was clearly upset and pissed off after the game but he has had over a year to sort out these issues. Some of our play is good, we will however win nothing if we can't defend.  These issues should be addressed on the training pitch and if the players need to work and extra 2 hours a day to get it right then that is what they should be made to do.

It seems to me that one of Symons priorities is to keep the players happy, in this respect he has done really well, as far as improving our defending of set pieces and keeping clean sheets he has to-date totally failed.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 20, 2015, 12:04:40 AM

I shall tell you what really puzzles me. Fans keep saying it is the managers fault for his poor coaching. Once we sack him everything will be fine. But there are no details there. No mention that it could be his fault for asking a forward as poor as Dembele to do what Smith does at defending set pieces. So now I have given you a bit more of an argument and a chance to give a bit of details to your sack the manager points. We could have a decent discussion. But I guess that may be a bit hard when you have only one mantra. So I am just saying how predictable you are. Not a criticism. You and this Forum are just really dull.

If it's too dull for you Lighthouse, stay off the forum.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 20, 2015, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 20, 2015, 12:04:40 AM

If it's too dull for you Lighthouse, stay off the forum.

Yeah but if I went you would just be just left with....oh yeah
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope