watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I love Moussa but...

Started by WONKYTONKY, September 21, 2015, 05:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WONKYTONKY

I think in the Wednesday game we missed Smiths presence up top as a target to get us on the front foot. Moussa was shrugged out of aerial duals from longer passes and clearances nearly every time. Aerial duals are definitely not his strong point. He was easily out muscled at the back post for a goal as well. I like him running in behind and with the ball at his feet but his immaturity showed on Saturday. I'm sure they'll work with him a lot this week but I'm half expecting to see Cauley get his chance after that game.

Tonywa

I would have liked Hooper to come in.  Moussa is showing real promise, bit I would not want to put too much pressure on him so early in his career. Cauley is all right.A hard worker but don't see him being a regular scorer, while when Smith plays all we seem to do is to hoof it up on to his head.  No I think a good proven striker with experience at Championship level would be an excellent acquisition.  However I think the appointment of a different manager would be the biggest aid to our putting together some sort of challenge for a play off place. No matter what the personnel I woulds be surprised if we do it under Kit.

filham

Yes, we need Smith back as soon as possible, he always puts pressure on defenders and creates chances for others.

Riversider

What a lot of Fulham fans fail to realise is that Smith is invaluable to Fulham for his defensive attributes as well as his attacking threat, Dembele was out jumped for one of the goals that wouldn't have happened if Smith was there,
Personally I would like to see a combo of Smith and Dembele with Moussa feeding off the knock downs.

Bassey the warrior

It's one game, he's done better than Cauley by and large. I'd be interested to see how Ross reacts to being dropped.

McBride78

I thought he was great last week, although this week he was less threatening.  If we want him to stay, and sign a contract, I think we have to commit to giving him playing time.   Especially given that we lack pace, and he adds that to our front line compared to our other players.  I like Smith, but benching Dembele is a good way to be sure he does not extend his deal. 

MJG

He was less threatening because we failed to get the ball to him or Ross in any real dangerous positions. Fact that both of them only touched the ball less than 30 times each says how much we failed to get it to them. Even with 62% possession.

Chutney

woodrow would start in my team
C O Y W

nose

Quote from: The Moose on September 21, 2015, 12:49:37 PM
It's one game, he's done better than Cauley by and large. I'd be interested to see how Ross reacts to being dropped.

cauley has barely had any time on the pitch and scored twice and made his prescence felt. Moussa, bless him, cannot head and has no first touch. he sometimes starts well but experienced defenders rumble him very quickly.

Cauley is a genuine long term prospect that needs time on the pitch and because he is not a kit favourite in the same way burn is not a kit favourite, kit gambles his own future and our success on lesser players.

I would give cauley at least five games in a row and assure him he will be given a proper chance to show what he is capable of.

WONKYTONKY

Agree about not getting the ball to him in right places. at the moment there is no point thumping clearances toward Ross and Dembelle. Think if it had been Smith up top he would've touched the ball more then 30 times with the same passes/Clarence's we had.

I still believe Moussa will be a great player. I feel we need to play him in games where we can play to his strengths in order to keep his confidence high. Then get him working on issues in his game with the u21's. I genuinely think we'd have crushed Wednesday with Smith playing instead.

MJG

I see Smith is back as flavour of the day

WONKYTONKY

Always said he will play a big part this season. Like Burn I'm torn about Smith. Love the threat and panic he creates but wish there was more to his game.

Carborundum

I'm never a fan of pulling everyone back to defend set pieces.  Leaving one on the halfway line, one with strength and pace, gives the opposition a problem.  Having watched the replay of the goals, would suggest that Moussa's the man for the job.

WONKYTONKY

Quote from: Carborundum on September 21, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
I'm never a fan of pulling everyone back to defend set pieces.  Leaving one on the halfway line, one with strength and pace, gives the opposition a problem.  Having watched the replay of the goals, would suggest that Moussa's the man for the job.
makes sense to me as well.

epsomraver

Quote from: WONKYTONKY on September 21, 2015, 05:28:21 PM
Always said he will play a big part this season. Like Burn I'm torn about Smith. Love the threat and panic he creates but wish there was more to his game.

So where is he lacking then? he scores with both left and right feet, with his head, good at defending set pieces so where is he lacking in your opinion of watching him often?

epsomraver

Quote from: Carborundum on September 21, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on September 22, 2015, 07:37:05 PM

So where is he lacking then? he scores with both left and right feet, with his head, good at defending set pieces so where is he lacking in your opinion of watching him often?
good at defending set pieces? I beg to differ on that.we have conceded plenty of goals with Smith defending set pieces
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

good at defending set pieces? I beg to differ on that.we have conceded plenty of goals with Smith defending set pieces

Sorry but we haven't, we won most games with Matt playing and he was instrumental in helping keep them out.

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on September 22, 2015, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

Sorry but we haven't, we won most games with Matt playing and he was instrumental in helping keep them out.
really so from January onwards we won most of our games he played in. I find that hard to believe and even harder to believe we stopped conceding from set pieces even in the games we won. Don't recall many clean sheets.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.