watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Credit to Kit Symons

Started by colinwhite, September 23, 2015, 08:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

I thought that Kits "manager reaction " on the official website today was excellent . One of the things that I have found a bit hard to bare is his lack of passion during matches on the touchline , and even in his press conferences.

If you re reading this Kit here is a word of advice : Get fired up ,show you care in victory or defeat and i think you will have a lot more of the fans behind you . Let your guard down ,be yourself , don't try to portray an image of something you are not (because we all see straight through it ).
Even your biggest critics will respect you more if you show a bit more backbone and desire.

Blanco

Unfortunatly I think he is just being himself. He has such a lack passion and hunger to win. It must be hard for the players to get motivated in team talks.

colinwhite

I hope your wrong, and maybe there was just a hint of a newfound drive in some of his comments. Cant put my finger on it ,but it was there.

Rudolph

Bassey the warrior

Passion makes no difference, Di Canio was as passionate as they come and still useless. He needs to work on fitness and tactics.

colinwhite

Sorry Moose passion is massive .

Barrie

There don't seem many who want to join in on this 'credit to Kit Symons' thread.

snarks

I think that people on this forum have realised that it doesn't matter what the result or the performance is, there will always be people who will give Kit no credit whatsoever, and will post on every thread.

I don't see the point in responding any more, the negativity here on occassions is pervasive. As I have said, I'll support the manager until he's replaced (because as sure as eggs are eggs he will be, whether it be 3 days, weeks, months, years or decades) then if I'm still alive, I'll support the next one.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2015, 02:24:41 PM
As the saying goes. You cannot make a Silk Purse out of a Sours Ear, if people are satisfied with mediocrity than so be it, but there are others with aspirations and ambition and just want to see Fulham play well and show signs of progression and Leadership from the club, then maybe success will develop from there.
As for Kit, yes he seems a very nice bloke, my next door neighbour is a very nice bloke as well, but he us the first to admit, he wouldnt make a very good football manager.
This isn't Sunday morning football or Ryman League stuff. This is the second tear  of English Football.
Football is a passionate game, it doesn't mean you have to run down the touchline pinching the air, but come on now, if you want to be a Leader, you have to be inspired yourself, and show motivation, but If I was a player, he would just make me fall asleep. Unfortunately He is no Leader of men. But that is only one requirement, there are other requirements he also falls short on.
Next time you get the opportunity check out the Managers with Charisma and Social Skills and Personality, and assertiveness and who look confident, and have man management skill, remember the Pied Piper, why did he have so many followers, and it wasn't because he played the flute.
Why did Henry V defeat the French at Agincourt, why did the Duke Of Wellington defeat Napoleon at Waterloo.
Why did Alexandra the Great Conquer half the Civilised World. How did the English Warrior Queen Boadicea manage to gather a huge army of English Tribes to fight the Romans. Why was Brian Clough able to build a very successful outfit from a group of good but fairy ordinary players. How did Marshal Tex Tucker keep Law & Order in Four Feather Falls.
The answer is, apart the skills they obtained through hard work, they were all Leaders of Men, who had charisma, who could motivate and had the ability to convince men to run through a brick wall for them, and come out fighting in the other side.
Before you ask why did Napoleon fail to defeat Russia after conquering Belgium, Poland and Prussia, because when he reached Moscow, he ran out of Conkers.
Thank you and Goodnight

wow!
that was a truly great piece of written oratory, especially bringing in four feathered falls.
If you ever stand for MP anywhere i will register in that constituency and vote for the Woolly Party!!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Blanco on September 23, 2015, 08:27:49 AM
Unfortunatly I think he is just being himself. He has such a lack passion and hunger to win. It must be hard for the players to get motivated in team talks.

Do you really believe that this is true of anyone who has made a lifetime career in professional sport?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: colinwhite on September 23, 2015, 01:06:34 PM
Sorry Moose passion is massive .

You can be passionate about something while not looking like an ass on the touchline.

colinwhite

I started this post ,and I still feel that KS has a large number of weaknesses as a football manager. Nothing has changed in that regard. Do i think the club should sack him ? Not up to me , but if it had been I would probably like most gone for a change before pre-season. That didn't happen and he now has my full support , and part of that support is expressing my disappointment if we make basic errors .
However I just have the feeling that Kit has never shown his true self to us Fulham fans. I think he has been" playing" the part of the manager and don't believe for a second he is like that with the players. He doesn't come across as the smartest and even gives the impression of being rehearsed as he churns out the cliches. So my advice to Kit was- be who you are , and honest to that even in your interviews to the press. I for one would have a bit more sympathy for him if he showed a bit of anger or passion . Its not a question of changing , just stop trying to say the right things and say what you feel . If you are going to get sacked, then at least show people that you care .  

Ron91

As a member whom previously wanted Kit out and now actually would like him to stay. He has signed well this summer and to me i actually see improvement in Kit, we have to remember he is a new manager and the start he is always going to make a few mistakes however a year on and he seems to be developing and i think we should stick by him which, i know is quite the talking point but i truly believe he will become a better manager. He's reduced the wage bill massively and generated good money from sales alongside playing youngsters and overhauling an overrated squad and comparing this time to last season as a benchmark we are in a better position all round.

grandad

WM, just a few corrections to make.
It is a Sow´s ear
Henry V defeated the French because he had the best archers.They actually did what they were asked to do.
Wellington was losing the battle until the Prussians reinforced him.
Alexander the Great was not a woman.
Boudica lost & got relegated. Suetonius beat her in the last game of the season.
The Pied Piper , by legend , lead the children away & they were never seen again.Not very nice.
Brian Clough, now he was the real business.
I like your passion though.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

You cannot make kit something that he is not.

He gives his instructions before a game and seems to leave it at that

hovewhite

kit has my support as long as hes manager,i wish he would respond press confrence wise as after last nights game as passion does matter and no manager should hide it from supprters and the media as players as well need to see that passion. 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on September 23, 2015, 05:47:17 PM
It is a Sow´s ear
Henry V defeated the French because he had the best archers.They actually did what they were asked to do.
Boudica lost & got relegated. Suetonius beat her in the last game of the season.
The Pied Piper , by legend , lead the children away & they were never seen again.Not very nice.

I am glad you like my passion.
Brian Clough was the finished article, a real Leader.
But that's what I am talking about, being a Leader, not always winning, but you have to get your men behind you in the first place. That's what I mean.
So please allow me to correct your corrections.
First of all I seem to have got Tex Tucker Correct, as I did with Napoleon sadly running out of Conkers.
Now let me see where were we are.
1) The Sows ear was a deliberate mistake to see if you were paying attention, and you past that with flying colours.
2) The Pied Piper was the fly in the ointment, there always had to be a baddy, as every Pantomime has a baddy.
3) I never mentioned that  Alexandra The Great was a Woman, that must have been your deliberate mistake, but you need to get up early to catch me out on that one.
Alexandra The Great was not only a great military General and Tactician, but his men followed him over Continents in their Thousands, so know resemblance to Fulhams Manager there then.
4) The point I am making with Queen Boadicea is, the fact that she gathered so many warriors under her command, and convinced them they were going to win was astonishing, when you consider it was against the Legions of the Roman Empire, the end result is not the issue on this occasion.
5) Henry V gathered his English Troops and Archers away from home and galvanised them into a Unit with his tactics and motivated them before battle. Despite heavily outnumbered by more than 5 to 1. He outflanked the French Knights led by King Louis XV and gave his troops belief that they could defeat the enemy on their own patch, and he did. It was a massacre, and he ordered his men to take no prisoners, something the Fulham manager could teach his troops.
6) The Duke of Wellington was sublime at man managemen, hence the reason why the English Army was so fired up, and I am not just talking about the Cannon Balls coming out of their cannons, and he made sure his columns of Infrantry kept their Disciplne and Shape, and not give an inch. He deliberately kept his subs on the touchline until the right moment bring on the Prussians to give his foot soldiers fresh legs, as the enemy were tiring. I hope kit is reading this.
So it's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man, Boardicea, did not win her battle with the trained Roman Army, but the fact that she raised an army of warriors herself from the villages and towns in England ( no mobile phones or sky TV in those days ) was astonishing, she left her legacy, not just with a huge statue of her in London, but it helped changed the course of history, because not long after, the Legions of Rome left England and returned to a warmer climate, and an easier life, which eventually orchestrated the fall of the Roman Empire.
So I hope you did not mind me correcting your corrections.
I am generous enough to ca it a score draw on this occasion, with no extra time.
But the object of my post, in case somebody else wasn't listening. Is how a man or a woman with Charisma, Charm Leadership, who is proactive, and Confident, who stands with his chin iin, his head held high and his back straight, can get people on his side to believe in him and follow him to the ends of the earth and beyond, you either have it or you do not.
You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows shell like ear.
I rest my case.......at least for the time being.
Thank you and Good Day.

PS. You would never ever see The Duke of Wellington, Boadicea, Alexandra or Henry V play narrow, they always attempted to out flank the opponent.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Woolly your a star ,great stuff !
From my point of view I don't think that Kit has a lot of charisma but I do think he has balls so  just wish he would stop taking the Roy Hodgson approach to management ( when asked questions in the media )trying to be articulate logical and structured  ,and show that he has some (balls ) a bit more often.
I believe if he did that we would all have more time for him. ( my original point )

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2015, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 23, 2015, 05:47:17 PM
It is a Sow´s ear

I am glad you like my passion.
Brian Clough was the finished article, a real Leader.
But that's what I am talking about, being a Leader, not always winning, but you have to get your men behind you in the first place. That's what I mean.
So please allow me to correct your corrections.
First of all I seem to have got Tex Tucker Correct, as I did with Napoleon sadly running out of Conkers.
Now let me see where were we are.
1) The Sows ear was a deliberate mistake to see if you were paying attention, and you past that with flying colours.
2) The Pied Piper was the fly in the ointment, there always had to be a baddy, as every Pantomime has a baddy.
3) I never mentioned that  Alexandra The Great was a Woman, that must have been your deliberate mistake, but you need to get up early to catch me out on that one.
Alexandra The Great was not only a great military General and Tactician, but his men followed him over Continents in their Thousands, so know resemblance to Fulhams Manager there then.
4) The point I am making with Queen Boadicea is, the fact that she gathered so many warriors under her command, and convinced them they were going to win was astonishing, when you consider it was against the Legions of the Roman Empire, the end result is not the issue on this occasion.
5) Henry V gathered his English Troops and Archers away from home and galvanised them into a Unit with his tactics and motivated them before battle. Despite heavily outnumbered by more than 5 to 1. He outflanked the French Knights led by King Louis XV and gave his troops belief that they could defeat the enemy on their own patch, and he did. It was a massacre, and he ordered his men to take no prisoners, something the Fulham manager could teach his troops.
6) The Duke of Wellington was sublime at man managemen, hence the reason why the English Army was so fired up, and I am not just talking about the Cannon Balls coming out of their cannons, and he made sure his columns of Infrantry kept their Disciplne and Shape, and not give an inch. He deliberately kept his subs on the touchline until the right moment bring on the Prussians to give his foot soldiers fresh legs, as the enemy were tiring. I hope kit is reading this.
So it's not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man, Boardicea, did not win her battle with the trained Roman Army, but the fact that she raised an army of warriors herself from the villages and towns in England ( no mobile phones or sky TV in those days ) was astonishing, she left her legacy, not just with a huge statue of her in London, but it helped changed the course of history, because not long after, the Legions of Rome left England and returned to a warmer climate, and an easier life, which eventually orchestrated the fall of the Roman Empire.
So I hope you did not mind me correcting your corrections.
I am generous enough to ca it a score draw on this occasion, with no extra time.
But the object of my post, in case somebody else wasn't listening. Is how a man or a woman with Charisma, Charm Leadership, who is proactive, and Confident, who stands with his chin iin, his head held high and his back straight, can get people on his side to believe in him and follow him to the ends of the earth and beyond, you either have it or you do not.
You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows shell like ear.
I rest my case.......at least for the time being.
Thank you and Good Day.

PS. You would never ever see The Duke of Wellington, Boadicea, Alexandra or Henry V play narrow, they always attempted to out flank the opponent.

Sorry to have to correct your corrected corrections Mr WM, but I'm certain that Boardicea didn't win any match, her sister Boudica (aka Boadicea) might have though, and likewise, Alexandra The Great's big brother Alexander had men following him (though it is rumoured Alexandra was something to look at in her day so she might have had some as well) and whether or not Alexander actual KNEW Kit or not, is still not certain, but I believe there is no resemblance at all!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on September 23, 2015, 07:00:04 PM
Woolly your a star ,great stuff !
From my point of view I don't think that Kit has a lot of charisma but I do think he has balls so  just wish he would stop taking the Roy Hodgson approach to management ( when asked questions in the media )trying to be articulate logical and structured  ,and show that he has some (balls ) a bit more often.
I believe if he did that we would all have more time for him. ( my original point )

and it's a very good point you make. I hope we can take three of these points on Friday, otherwise QPR will not let us hear the last of it, but I take your point.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.