watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Paul Konchesky

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, September 27, 2015, 04:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Did anyone else think some of our fans were a bit harsh singing 'let him die' to former Fulham player Paul Konchesky when he went down injured on Friday? He was a good player for the club and maybe his career went downhill once he left the club but whilst he was here he did very well and until this season or the end of last we probably haven't had a better left back since he left.

bog

Whether he is liked or not he was the left back on many of the club's greatest euro run so should be offered only respect.

092.gif

Twig

As far as I am aware he was well liked and respected during his years at the Cottage. If that was sung when he was down with a potentially serious injury then it shows a basic lack of humanity amongst those who participated. 

Artful Dodger

Every one of that Europa cup squad should be afforded a proper welcome when they return to the Cottage - heroes the lot of them - and anyone singing let him die should be embarrassed.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

filham

I thought Konch had a good game on Friday and I never heard the nasty chants.
He played well for us over a good period and must always be given a warm welcome at the Cottage

Burt

It only happened once when he was down near the halfway line and getting treatment. Not many people were chanting it to be honest, which was just as well...

Chutney

what confuses me about konchesky is that for all of those years he was bald out of personal choice.
C O Y W

Jamie88

Quote from: Chutney on September 27, 2015, 08:03:53 PM
what confuses me about konchesky is that for all of those years he was bald out of personal choice.

I think he just preferred the hardnut look

Sgt Fulham

That's sad to hear, he should have been welcomed back with respect.

Sniffer

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 27, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

:plus one:
"Numquam Cede"

love4ffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 27, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

Absolutely agree.  Unless a player flogs the club there is no reason to chant something like that.  Especially a player involved with the cup run. 

I far as I am concerned my he continue to have a good career going forward. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Quote from: Chutney on September 27, 2015, 08:03:53 PM

I read that his daughter told him she didn't like it and asked him to grow some hair. Who can turn down a girl child?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

F(f)CUK

Never any excuses - would never chant that even if Mark Cooper had clattered into Stephen Davis

YankeeJim

To his credit, he never quit even when down 4 nil. I thought he was just about the greatest attacking threat that QPR had yesterday.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

valdeingruo

I never afford any former player of ours any ill will, particularly any from our Europa squad. The exception being those that give me reason to. I will always remember Konch fondly, especially against West Ham, roaming forward and hitting an absolute screamer.

That aside, he looks a whole different person with a full head of silver hair.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

leonffc

I'll always remember him for giving the ball away cheaply in the closing stages of the Europa league final, as he did on oh so many occasions playing for us, leading to the winning goal.

But I still wouldn't wish him harm as he was always a trier for us. And I never heard the chants.

MJG

Must admit to not hearing anything bad aimed at PK. But just like Sidwell the tuesday before I would say they were hardly noted by the fans.

Ordar

Quote from: MJG on September 28, 2015, 08:27:48 AM
Must admit to not hearing anything bad aimed at PK. But just like Sidwell the tuesday before I would say they were hardly noted by the fans.

I agree. Neither player received any welcome back, or chant that I heard. Which surprised me a little.

With reference to the OP, I doubt the guys in H5 who started the chant knew it was Konc

Chesh

I heard the 'let 'im die' chant briefly when he was injured in the second half, and immediately put it down to the perpetrators  simply being so thick/p*ssed they  didn't realise it was Konchesky - regardless; not the sort of disrespect you want to hear for such a player

092.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Shredhead

I thought the chant was just dumb. Those who were singing should hang their heads in shame. I had to check it was actually him because of his sudden hirsuteness. I wondered if he'd done a Rooney and got a hair transplant.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC