watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we please, please, please just get shot of Kit Symon's

Started by Wearethewhites, October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Kit is coaching the ability out of the players.

McCormack, Cairney, Stearman, Ream and O'Hara would get into most Championship teams and even the likes of Richards, Tunnicliffe, Pringle and Dembele are solid players at this level. We have all the tools to be playoff contenders - Kit even said so himself, and yet, we're flirting with the bottom 6. Why? Because our coaching setup is tactically backwards. Of course, the players must take responsibility for individual errors but the constant late goals, conceding from set-pieces, lack of width, ineffective use of possession and strange substitutions suggests poor match preparation. It happens too often to be coincidence. The problems of last season have not been addressed. For example, the Charlton game was more or less won at 2-0; the opposition were on their knees and a third goal would have sealed the win. Do we go for the kill? No. We substitute our two strongest players and sit back, thus, gifting them a route back into the match. Utterly hopeless management.

The manager's duty is to extract the most from his players and he is failing. Plain and simple. We won't go down with him in charge but we simply won't go anywhere. If our target is truly a top 6 finish, then Kit must be removed immediately.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Baszab on October 06, 2015, 06:26:47 PM
Wimbledon White -- I guess it's you and me !

and me.

I'm looking for an improvement this season, i.e. top half, and if we achieve that with Kit then I will be happy.  If in subsequent seasons we are genuine promotion contenders then I will be equally happy, whether we achieve promotion or not.

I blame supporters, as much as owners, for the ridiculous turnaround in managers, season-after-season in all leagues.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 07, 2015, 12:24:13 PM

and me.

I'm looking for an improvement this season, i.e. top half, and if we achieve that with Kit then I will be happy.  If in subsequent seasons we are genuine promotion contenders then I will be equally happy, whether we achieve promotion or not.

I blame supporters, as much as owners, for the ridiculous turnaround in managers, season-after-season in all leagues.

Supporters. You blame supporters.

Bronaldinho

His bizarre choice to shut up shop and invite pressure against Charlton was ludicrous.

He cost us big time and it's not the first time this has happened.

Poor judgement, managerial naivety.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

dannyboi-ffc

and me.

I'm looking for an improvement this season, i.e. top half, and if we achieve that with Kit then I will be happy.  If in subsequent seasons we are genuine promotion contenders then I will be equally happy, whether we achieve promotion or not.

Yes it does sound ridiculous to say we had 3 managers in 9 months.

Oh but I don't mean Jol, Rene and Magath. I mean Cookie, Sanchez and Hodgson. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and somehow I doubt anyone will claim we made the wrong call with such a turnaround then. The difference between then and now is that we still are recognising that the managers aren't good enough but we are replacing them with someone even worse.

If Kit does go it will be his own doing. As if a good manager will give us sellouts. We don't sell tickets because we are in the championship no matter how entertaining we are.

If Kit Symons had no connection to Fulham at all then we wouldn't even be debating it. He automatically gets more time and that's only natural but it is not the fans fault for being more concerned about the clubs progress than it is about the development of someone who played for us for a few years, regardless of what he achieved and I would be saying the same if someone like Murphy was in charge too.  

We have to do what's right for Fulham and this is different to Magath. It's not about saving what's left of our club, it's about looking to the future and in a whole year not many of us believe kit has proved he can take us there.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: alfie on October 06, 2015, 11:38:00 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2015, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 03:28:18 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 04, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
Hummm. Not much out there is there.

Grandad, in all due respect, all you are trying to do, is defend the guy without physically saying it, by saying "Well who else then" which gets right up my nose, and I don't know why people do it.

I'm sorry, but people like Big Sam, Paul Lambert, and the other names mentioned above, are a vast improvement over Kit, so it's down to the ambitions of the Club.
I reckon stevie wonder could see where we are going wrong, better than kit could

As I've quoted before, conceding like we do, from every set piece and corner, is a tactical / coaching issue, and not down to individual player errors. I don't buy all this "Well, they're human" bull, it's a poor excuse, and is above and beyond a coincidence now. Still, some people will continue to defend Kit, but I want this club to be much more ambitious than they are. In my eye's, this is another wasted season that culd have be prevented.
I think you are correct when you say tactical but not coaching, these are very experienced championship defenders, do they really need to be coached all the time.

Did you know that in the NFL, they have coaches for Offence, Defence, Special teams and indeed specific positional coaches? Unlike in football, where we tend to have just goalkeeper, fitness and unspecific 'first team' coaches.

Just a thought.

Logicalman

Quote from: Arthur on October 06, 2015, 08:56:42 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 06, 2015, 11:59:40 AM
Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season...

I don't accept this at all.

Last season, we finished above both Brighton and Reading.

As of this moment in time, both of these clubs can be said to be 'chasing promotion'. Indeed, had we appointed either Hughton (my personal choice) or Clarke, what is there to suggest that either manager would not be able to have the same impact here as he is now having with his current club?

Well, with respect, you need to take my whole comment, not just the portion, as it not in context on it's own.

My point was that we can only appoint managers that are available and would come to Fulham.

Houghton was already at Brighton at the end of last season, 6 months into a 42 month contract, so we could not have appointed him at all, and, likewise, Clarke was 6 months into a 30 month contract, and therefore was not available this past summer either.

So, based on the fact both your examples were not available this past summer, or now, who else would you suggest for the job?

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Classic94

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 07, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

and me.

I'm looking for an improvement this season, i.e. top half, and if we achieve that with Kit then I will be happy.  If in subsequent seasons we are genuine promotion contenders then I will be equally happy, whether we achieve promotion or not.

Firstly, we should be achieving playoffs with the current squad. No question. With our resources, a mid-table finish would be a pathetic return. Why should we settle for mediocrity?

Secondly, the supporters are 100% not to blame in any way for our managerial turnaround. The owners run the ship. End of. In fact, I'd argue that both Jol and Magath should have been sacked much earlier as many fans were suggesting...

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on October 07, 2015, 02:37:12 PM
Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season...

As of this moment in time, both of these clubs can be said to be 'chasing promotion'. Indeed, had we appointed either Hughton (my personal choice) or Clarke, what is there to suggest that either manager would not be able to have the same impact here as he is now having with his current club?

Well, with respect, you need to take my whole comment, not just the portion, as it not in context on it's own.

My point was that we can only appoint managers that are available and would come to Fulham.

Houghton was already at Brighton at the end of last season, 6 months into a 42 month contract, so we could not have appointed him at all, and, likewise, Clarke was 6 months into a 30 month contract, and therefore was not available this past summer either.

So, based on the fact both your examples were not available this past summer, or now, who else would you suggest for the job?

Your original post, quoted below, refers merely to 'those we could have gone for in the past'. It did not limit the time scale to last summer as you have done in your reply above. Both Hughton and Clarke were available at the very time in the past that we appointed Symons and are therefore managers that we could have gone for a year ago. It is on this basis that my conviction is formed.

As to how my extracting your statement that 'we were never going to be chasing promotion this season' alters its meaning, you will have to be more forthcoming. Looking at it, I am still of the opinion that it doesn't make one iota of difference.

Apparently Lamberts looking towards the Sunderland Job, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Seriously folks, I think Roy would get us out of this division as well as a bunch of others that would not consider us in their futures either.

As for 'those we could have gone for' in the past, it's another list of pipe-dreams. Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season, if we are going to look to change Managers, then look at replacements that are likely to take the job, bearing in mind the other vacancies that are available at the moment.

Logicalman

Quote from: Arthur on October 12, 2015, 01:56:42 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on October 07, 2015, 02:37:12 PM

Your original post, quoted below, refers merely to 'those we could have gone for in the past'. It did not limit the time scale to last summer as you have done in your reply above. Both Hughton and Clarke were available at the very time in the past that we appointed Symons and are therefore managers that we could have gone for a year ago. It is on this basis that my conviction is formed.

As to how my extracting your statement that 'we were never going to be chasing promotion this season' alters its meaning, you will have to be more forthcoming. Looking at it, I am still of the opinion that it doesn't make one iota of difference.

Apparently Lamberts looking towards the Sunderland Job, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Seriously folks, I think Roy would get us out of this division as well as a bunch of others that would not consider us in their futures either.

As for 'those we could have gone for' in the past, it's another list of pipe-dreams. Lets get realistic, in the same way that we were never going to be chasing promotion this season, if we are going to look to change Managers, then look at replacements that are likely to take the job, bearing in mind the other vacancies that are available at the moment.

I do see where you are coming from, but the time-limit was taken from your answer regarding where we finished last season, ergo, the stating of the contracts for both managers, though I fully accept I was quite ambiguous previously, and should have stated that clearly.

Regarding the latter comment, the two clubs you stated we finished above at the end of last season acquired good managers during that season, and they have had the opportunity to get players in (and out) they needed for this season, and therefore they are both different teams this season, thus there can be no direct comparison between their finishing positions and ours when taking into account our current circumstances and possible promotion hopes.

I have never been of the opinion, following last seasons absolute disaster of a pre-season and then poor start and manager change, that we would be chasing promotion this season. Kit will need a complete season to get the team the way he wants it, that's not saying another manager, more experienced perhaps, could not have done that this season, but with Kit at the helm it was not going to happen.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 12, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM
This isn't knee-jerk, I've just absolutely had a bloody gut full now, and I'm pretty sure others have to. This isn't a coincidence any more, this is down to man management / coaching issues, and how it's allowed to continue, is bloody beyond me. Please can we get a competent manager in who can perform the the basics like defending corners, set pieces and see games out at 90+6 minutes.

We are going NO WHERE under Kit Symon's, this season is another absolute waste.

Please remove him.      

You have forgotten one small detail, we are not allowed to complain, it upsets the locals. Spare a thought for the sensitive folk amongst us.

Sorry but I thought you were in the majority. How can you be the swooning heroine being tied to the railway line AND the wicked moustache twirling villain as well? Talk about hogging all the parts in the pantomime. You will wanting my part as the back end of the horse next.  :dead horse:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 13, 2015, 12:23:24 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 12, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM
This isn't knee-jerk, I've just absolutely had a bloody gut full now, and I'm pretty sure others have to. This isn't a coincidence any more, this is down to man management / coaching issues, and how it's allowed to continue, is bloody beyond me. Please can we get a competent manager in who can perform the the basics like defending corners, set pieces and see games out at 90+6 minutes.

We are going NO WHERE under Kit Symon's, this season is another absolute waste.

Please remove him.     

You have forgotten one small detail, we are not allowed to complain, it upsets the locals. Spare a thought for the sensitive folk amongst us.

Sorry but I thought you were in the majority. How can you be the swooning heroine being tied to the railway line AND the wicked moustache twirling villain as well? Talk about hogging all the parts in the pantomime. You will wanting my part as the back end of the horse next.  :dead horse:

I must be the front end of the horse, but I am not sure who the heroine is that's tied to the railway line, but the moustache twirling villain isn't our glorious chairman is it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

Jonaldiniho 88

Everytime I read the heading of this post it just reminds me of the smith's. Maybe those who want kit out (strangely not me currently although patience is wearing thin) should replace "let me, get what I want" with something kit out related at our next game.

Funky Fulham Dave

Don't you realise that if the Kit Boy goes your source material - which provides you with your daily moan - goes as well.

P&L
049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 06, 2015, 01:39:09 PM
He has had over a year in charge. More than enough time to get to grips with the job.

He wanted a window where he can build his squad, which he has.

Promotion is the aim for him and the club, is he achieving it after 10 games? No.

Are the glaring errors from last season still apparent? Yes, no width, slow attacking, conceding many set pieces, too many late goals.

Does he ever fill you with confidence in his interviews, and directly point out what's going wrong? No.

Does he still have only one plan? Yes.

Is he a proactive manager? No. Subs are always after goals and just completely wrong all together.

Is he as tactically inept manager, way out of his depth? Yes.

You must have been reading my thoughts.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 14, 2015, 03:43:49 PM
Everytime I read the heading of this post it just reminds me of the smith's. Maybe those who want kit out (strangely not me currently although patience is wearing thin) should replace "let me, get what I want" with something kit out related at our next game.

As a matter of interest, at the risk of making myself look like a Hairy Elephant, but who are the smiths ?

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 15, 2015, 12:50:42 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 14, 2015, 03:43:49 PM

As a matter of interest, at the risk of making myself look like a Hairy Elephant, but who are the smiths ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GiqOsKngc-c

Scrumpy

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on October 14, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

Don't you realise that if the Kit Boy goes your source material - which provides you with your daily moan - goes as well.

P&L

Why do you put 'Profit and Loss' after all your posts? Are you an accountant?  :005:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 15, 2015, 01:20:54 PM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on October 14, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

P&L

Why do you put 'Profit and Loss' after all your posts? Are you an accountant?  :005: