News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big night for the home nations- can we make it 5 out of 5?!

Started by dannyboi-ffc, October 08, 2015, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Northern Ireland need 2 points from their last two games to make the top 2 and qualify automatically. Hungary will finish on the same points if they win both games which they should but NI have the better head to head so two draws guarentees it. Obviously win tonight against a poor Greece team and they are there anyway.

Wales aren't playing tonight but they just need a point from two games.  Again because their head to head with Israel guarentees a point will have them at least 2nd. Their last game is Andorra so it's fair to say Wales are in Paris already. More interesting in this group is between Belgium and Israel. Both should win their next game meaning their will be 2 points between them and they play each other in the final game. 2 wins for Israel and Belgium will be in the playoffs.

The team that could spoil the perfect qualifying campaign is Poland who are currently 2nd behind Germany who are sailing through.  Scotland are 6 points behind Poland and 4 behind Ireland and can only make the playoffs now. They have to get 4 points minimum so they need something tonight. If they win they will guarentee to have a better head to head over Poland and be 3 points behind. And with Germany playing Ireland tonight it's likely Scotland will make up the 4 point gap to within one on the Irish.

The final game in this group sees Ireland host Poland in what will be a must win whoever fails tonight or possibly them both. If Ireland were to win, it would mean Ireland would finish 2nd and Scotland would only have to beat Gibraltar to make the playoff over Poland.

It could happen but it all depends what happens tonight. Not that I care too much for anyone other than England but I've never seen it in my lifetime and it would be fantastic to watch next June.

Good luck everyone!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

There are only 4 home nations mate. Ireland are no different to France Holland or belgium
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on October 08, 2015, 07:36:09 PM
There are only 4 home nations mate. Ireland are no different to France Holland or belgium

It's still nice to include them

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Blanco

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Blanco on October 08, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
What an equalizer from Ritchie for Scotland

Unbelievable goal. If I was a club like Spurs or Everton I'd take a punt on him in January for 10 million. He has potential to be a top player

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ron

Quote from: fulhamben on October 08, 2015, 07:36:09 PM

..most in Scotland would say there is only 1 !

SP

Shane Long (who wasn't good enough for Fulham) has just scored against the World Champions.

Wingnut

Scots are a disaster. Should have held on for a win there. NI have qualified. Great result for them. RoI will probably get beat in Poland, so a play off for them. Watched most of the RoI v Germany. The Germans played like it was a training game. No energy at all in their play.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

sipwell

Sorry mate but if Belgium wins its game against Andorra (yes, Andorra), Israel is out. Likelihood is high, would you not say?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: sipwell on October 09, 2015, 09:08:45 AM
Sorry mate but if Belgium wins its game against Andorra (yes, Andorra), Israel is out. Likelihood is high, would you not say?

I thought I'd got away with that lol. You are quite right, I thought there was a two point gap but it's four so if Belgium win it's game over.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

sipwell

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 09, 2015, 11:45:04 AM

I thought I'd got away with that lol. You are quite right, I thought there was a two point gap but it's four so if Belgium win it's game over.

When Belgium wins, not if.

That said, Wales fully deserves its spot in the EC. They beat Belgium with a lucky goal, but deserved it overall...

Burt

Welcome back Mr Sipwell, haven't seen you around these parts for a bit   :wine:

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on October 09, 2015, 12:18:19 PM
Welcome back Mr Sipwell, haven't seen you around these parts for a bit   :wine:

Have been around for some time, but due to the fact that I cannot see games live nor can follow the speed of the discussions on this board, I do not post often :)