News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big Sam holding talks today to replace manager.

Started by f321ffc, October 09, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

Damn. He was first choice for me to sort out Fulham when the axe drops on Kit.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Rhys Lightning 63

Just been appointed at Sunderland
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Will be a good test of his management to keep them up.
I do feel deep down that if we were going to go all guns blazing at the playoffs he was the man to get.
Lambert would be my next available target of we made a change.

One James stannard

Great move by Sunderland, bad move by big Sam.

I'd bet he's been given quite a big transfer budget

alexbishop

Genuinely thought he'd be coming Fulhams way this summer but cest la vie
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ron

give it a few months and he'll be on the market again. Not that I want him particularly...

mike_corkcity12

Allardyce wouldn't want to work under Rigg. The director of football at Sunderland is leaving meaning Allardyce has total control.

filham

Big Sam and Sunderland sounds like a good fit to me. He may well take them to the places they should  occupying.
Bet he will be spending big in the January window.

HatterDon

Quote from: One James stannard on October 09, 2015, 06:29:13 PM
Great move by Sunderland, bad move by big Sam.

I'd bet he's been given quite a big transfer budget

just curious ... why is it a bad move by Allardyce?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Yep he's going to Sunderland. Shame really thought he could come here. Mind you it was a big ask to expect him to be interested in us
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wearethewhites

Regardless of what people think about Big Sam, he'd be a real coup for any Championship side, and would most likely get them promoted (if given the right tools and investment). It would also take a lot of money to temp him to drop down, but he was always going to get a job back in the Premiership anyway. Most Fulham fans would have liked him, but in reality, he would never have come. Unfortunately, unless Kahn spends big, or makes Fulham into a desirable club (not a continuous rebuilding project) we need to be a bit more realistic about future managerial appointments.   

Fulham1959

Wimbledon_White

He would never have dropped down a division. Naive to think otherwise.

Burt

It will be interesting to see how he does. It has been even more a managerial graveyard than the Fulham job over the past 2 or 3 seasons!

He wouldn't have come here, he would not drop a division. Harry Redknapp said the same too in his Evening Standard column last night.

The Old Count

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 10, 2015, 12:18:39 PM

You could have said the same about Keegan and Wilkins. You could also have said Tigana would never come to us. You could also have said Coleman would never drop two divisions to play for us.  I could go on.....
It all depends on the proposition you present.

Burt

Quote from: The Old Count on October 10, 2015, 12:24:17 PM

You could have said the same about Keegan and Wilkins. You could also have said Tigana would never come to us. You could also have said Coleman would never drop two divisions to play for us.  I could go on.....

You are right of course but for me they are very different circumstances... At that time Al Fayed was pumping in the cash and clearly bankrolling a push to the premier league with big name managers and star players. It doesn't feel like that at the moment.

Wimbledon_White

Different times. MAF splashed the cash to generate most of those scenarios.

As it stands, Allardyce was the sixth highest paid manager in The Premier League when he managed West Ham. He made £3m a year.

I sincerely doubt he'd take the enormous wage drop to join us.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Burt on October 10, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

You are right of course but for me they are very different circumstances... At that time Al Fayed was pumping in the cash and clearly bankrolling a push to the premier league with big name managers and star players. It doesn't feel like that at the moment.

Bingo.

The Old Count

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 10, 2015, 12:31:23 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 10, 2015, 12:26:23 PM

Bingo.

So are you both saying that you don't believe the club has the intent to get back into the Prem?  Or do you reckon that Mr Khan thinks (or has been told) that a return to the Premier league can be achieved by other means?