watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kit video pre match interview

Started by nose, October 16, 2015, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Kit, as poor as most of us may think he is WOULD like to work with us. He may be not the best man for the job but I feel Rigg is the man with the power. Kits failures have been by minutes or by a late sub. I'm no kit sympathiser but we blame him for the last ten against charlton without giving him credit for the 80 we dominated. The 80 mins was a fluke but the ten plus injury was all down to him? This doesn't sit with me. Kit is lacking, but after sitting behind him for a cup game and seeing how much he cares I think it's very unfair to blame one man for the mistakes others make. He has made mistakes. He is a nice guy. He cares. Everything we do well is because we have good players. Everything wrong is his fault? He isn't a great manager. But is he at fault for all our downfalls? Rationally no. Knee jerk yes.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on October 16, 2015, 08:46:54 PM
16/17 pts was always my target. Do that every ten games and you will hit the average needed for sixth or better 73 plus.

18 pts is above the average and would see sixth place have 83 and last year was the highest ever at 79. That number will drop.

So im fine with 16 from ten,  but in the end he's 25% short of that target.

I was always hoping that we would do better then 16 points but 16 points is where I set my bar for Kit and team.  As I have said before the games up to Leads will be my litmus test.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 16, 2015, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: nose on October 16, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
i am a little surpised nobody has said they agree with me, our management have set the bar incredibly low, 16 points is a pathetic total for 10 games if you have serious aspirations.
that means complete lack of ambition, at least aim high must be the starting point.

Maybe you're in a minority, albeit a growing one? I presume our management reckoned it may take new players a while to learn each other's game and the Manager's requirements. So perhaps they were aiming for 16 from the first 10 games, 18 from the next 10 and then 20 from each of the following 10. That would probably get us promoted (MJG?)

Doesn't seem that shocking to me.
It's like any kind of long distance race,  you can do a Brighton and sprint off. They will fall off form wise but have enough in the tank to get over the line in top six I reckon.
Or you pace yourself. Aiming for 73 pts and doing it constantly over the season.
There is the way that you get 12 from ten then 20 from ten and then 15 from ten etc etc. Short bursts of form to keep you around.

Anyway take a snapshot of the top eight now and I'll bet anyone that 6 of them will be in top eight at end of season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 16, 2015, 11:40:39 PM
Kit, as poor as most of us may think he is WOULD like to work with us. He may be not the best man for the job but I feel Rigg is the man with the power. Kits failures have been by minutes or by a late sub. I'm no kit sympathiser but we blame him for the last ten against charlton without giving him credit for the 80 we dominated. The 80 mins was a fluke but the ten plus injury was all down to him? This doesn't sit with me. Kit is lacking, but after sitting behind him for a cup game and seeing how much he cares I think it's very unfair to blame one man for the mistakes others make. He has made mistakes. He is a nice guy. He cares. Everything we do well is because we have good players. Everything wrong is his fault? He isn't a great manager. But is he at fault for all our downfalls? Rationally no. Knee jerk yes.
Rigg or Khan don't make Subs. That is down to Symons and that is what has cost us so many points this season. Giving away late goals and costing us points. That is down to one persons inability to understand the game and what to do when the big decisions need to be made.
I like Kit as a bloke, but I do not believe in his ability to move Fulham forward.
I have still gone for Fulham to win 0-1 today, Mac to score the winner. Big test for Kit today.
We shall see.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Remember newly assembled teams take time to gel, Kit has only had his new back four in place for 5 matches , it is therefore reasonable to expect to see gradual improvement as the season progresses.

A reasonable target could have been 17 points first ten games, 20 points then next ten games
then with a really good key player brought into a settled team, early in the window, a massive 38 points from the remaining 26 games in order for us to sneak into the play offs by which time we would be performing like no other team and would enjoy a money spinning victory in a play off final.

The plan would be based on us running like a well oiled machine after Christmas and the Cottage being a place where we witnessed win after win.

Now has anyone heard Kit tell the one about Goldylocks and the three bears, its just as convincing.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 17, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on October 16, 2015, 11:40:39 PM
Rigg or Khan don't make Subs. That is down to Symons and that is what has cost us so many points this season. Giving away late goals and costing us points. That is down to one persons inability to understand the game and what to do when the big decisions need to be made.
I like Kit as a bloke, but I do not believe in his ability to move Fulham forward.
I have still gone for Fulham to win 0-1 today, Mac to score the winner. Big test for Kit today.
We shall see.
COYW

I didn't say khan or Rigg make the substitutions and I did say kit isn't blameless. He seems to do what some managers do and make a mandatory substitution at the hour mark. He was blamed recently for not making subs, now he is blamed for making subs. It seems he is making the wrong subs. It does come down to luck. I could put a donkey on the pitch and if the ball deflected of it's backside and in i'd be a genius. Obviously if you make a clever sub or tactical change the element of luck is reduced. I think garbut was shocking and to blame for our draw against charlton. Kit put him on but didn't tell him to be selfish and not track back. Or maybe he did. In which case kit is to blame.

nose

wow, and i amk accused of being negative quite so often.

the issue isn't what you might realistically expect, it is what mind set you have. 16 is a dreadful low total and speaks volumes. i can cope with achieving little but not at aiming at quite such a poor standard. I anm stunned how many think kit's target is acceptable as an aim.

ME
I think you should aim to win every game, and set the target at 30 points from 10 games. i agree it unrealistic in practice but not as a target... a low target is infectious in any business... perhaps that is why I am successful, i actually challenge my staff to exceed expectaion and not allow mediocrity....

i am sorry i started this thread because i am shocked how many have thought it OK to aim low.

MJG

Well we all want 138 pts but that's not going to happen. That's doesn't make me negative but realistic. Does me targeting at least 73 pts negative? 
It's a target and nothing more than that. Exceed that and playoffs almost guaranteed.
So I think your being unfair to everyone who has responded to your post.

10 is dreadfully low as a target,  16 is reasonable and 20 plus would be great.

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 09:47:45 PM
Well we all want 138 pts but that's not going to happen. That's doesn't make me negative but realistic. Does me targeting at least 73 pts negative? 
It's a target and nothing more than that. Exceed that and playoffs almost guaranteed.
So I think your being unfair to everyone who has responded to your post.

10 is dreadfully low as a target,  16 is reasonable and 20 plus would be great.

you are not the issue I understand you feel 16 was realistic... and i am talking about our manager,  aiming low. he will go home and look at the table and feel he is on target, nearly.... but in truth it is just not good enough, poor management however the cards are cut.... just the same as khan allowing a failed board to remain in place and rigg saying we may go up in some season in the distance....  that is preparing to fail. nothing to do with what i expect, it is trying, it is the art of the possible, it is aiming for the stars.... better to have a positive frame and shoot for the stars, IMO

As it is we have a boiard and manager that seem to be content with mid tab mediocrity.