watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kit video pre match interview

Started by nose, October 16, 2015, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

usual non event (I don't have a problem with that per say) but he let one thing slip

he said we anticipated having 4 more points at this stage of the season
that is 16 points from 10 games..... Wow, that is pathetic using the word correctly
it means he doesn't think we were ever good enough and set the bar very low...no wonder the players look less thaqn comitted far too often.

aim low and you will fail to achieve. shoot for the stars and believe every game is winnable.... as oscar said, we are all lying in the gutters but some of us looking at the stars..... unfortunately our manager is looking at the gutter.

I was completely shocked by that admission, of thinking 16 points from 10 games was acceptable, that must mean the board and khan think it good enough too.... MAF would have hated that.... as i have said like a broken record so many times we lack leadership...no ambition we are doomed to fail!

Very disheartening, again.

we aren't going back to the prem any time soon, hope i am still alive but doubt it now with thisentire regime from the top down

16 points from 10 games would only see us 8th at the minute, and we are even failing to manage to do that

defeat tomorrow will see the same old platitudes about boro being a good team, hard to break down....yada yada yada.... i want to hear we had a go at them and their goalkeeper played a blinder was the only reason we failed!  Kit is not on planet winner i am afraid.

MJG

16/17 pts was always my target. Do that every ten games and you will hit the average needed for sixth or better 73 plus.

18 pts is above the average and would see sixth place have 83 and last year was the highest ever at 79. That number will drop.

So im fine with 16 from ten,  but in the end he's 25% short of that target.

fulhamben

Embarrassingly kit managed to get 18 points from his first ten games last season with the squad that felix had so called decimated. But at least we are progressing.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

I think it wasn't a target to achieve as such but was a minimum expected, that why the rumours of the chop are circulating he's behind the minimum for a top 6 finish

Reznor

That is a very embarrassing interview for me. He is on his way out I would say. So so out of his depth.

MJG

Quote from: Nero on October 16, 2015, 09:05:30 PM
I think it wasn't a target to achieve as such but was a minimum expected, that why the rumours of the chop are circulating he's behind the minimum for a top 6 finish
Exactly

Wearethewhites

I just never get a sense of confidence from Kit when he talks. This isn't a dig at him personally, but his overall posture never gives me any hope. It's hard to explain it, he's always grining, but when he speaks about doing well at Boro', improving results, having a great group of lads etc, you just know we're going to get dicked up at the Riverside. I feel really horrible writing this, but that's just how I feel.

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 16, 2015, 08:46:54 PM
16/17 pts was always my target. Do that every ten games and you will hit the average needed for sixth or better 73 plus.

18 pts is above the average and would see sixth place have 83 and last year was the highest ever at 79. That number will drop.

do you actually mean it was your expectation?
i have to confess we are ahead of where i expected but i do expect our leadership to be aiming hire than that. they spent plenty, keep telling us how good the squad is and all i can see is inconsistent mediocrity witha very poorly disciplined defence and our best center half relegated to the subs bench.
I am still anticipating a very good performance tomorrow.... i am always an optimist

nose

i am a little surpised nobody has said they agree with me, our management have set the bar incredibly low, 16 points is a pathetic total for 10 games if you have serious aspirations.
that means complete lack of ambition, at least aim high must be the starting point.

MJG

Quote from: nose on October 16, 2015, 09:39:27 PM

do you actually mean it was your expectation?
i have to confess we are ahead of where i expected but i do expect our leadership to be aiming hire than that. they spent plenty, keep telling us how good the squad is and all i can see is inconsistent mediocrity witha very poorly disciplined defence and our best center half relegated to the subs bench.
I am still anticipating a very good performance tomorrow.... i am always an optimist
It's what I wanted as a minimum to be I  a good place after ten games. And in all honesty looking at fixtures prior to season i expected at least 14.

So like I said 16 is a decent target given that I think we should be 4th to 8th kind of position and I've seen nothing in the league to say that with the players we have we shouldn't be in that group.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: nose on October 16, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
i am a little surpised nobody has said they agree with me, our management have set the bar incredibly low, 16 points is a pathetic total for 10 games if you have serious aspirations.
that means complete lack of ambition, at least aim high must be the starting point.

Not unless they are telling porkies, and this season is being used as another consolidation season. Can't remember where I heard the quote, but I quite clearly remember Rigg saying that within the business plan, a promotion push wouldn't realistically happen until season 3. Maybe they will keep Kit until the end of the season, and really go for it next. I don't know.

MJG

Because most are realistic in looking at how a league pans out. Why is 16 from ten which equates to 73 pts and more times than not sixth place showing g a lack of ambition?  It's the clubs mantra that top six is what's expected by Khan.
And it would give a good Base going forward.
Of course every team wants 30 from ten but that's not going to happen.
If we can get to 32 pts from 20 games I'll bet that would give a team top eight at least.

BestOfBrede

I agree with you, but give up on harping on about it.
I said, when Kit was appointed, that he is not the right man for the job, but got well and truely slated!
We are sh@te and going nowhere, but according to many - still building!  090.gif

I still think we can get something from the boro though, but that is all papering over the cracks.

davew

So im fine with 16 from ten,  but in the end he's 25% short of that target.
Blimey Jim, your maths are good and I am an accountant, so what you say is certified correct!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

I will agree with you, our management (what management) set the bar at a level which the players should easily have been able to achieve, but as I said what Management?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on October 16, 2015, 10:08:19 PM

So im fine with 16 from ten,  but in the end he's 25% short of that target.
Blimey Jim, your maths are good and I am an accountant, so what you say is certified correct!!
Believe me I know those championship table averages almost off by heart.

Fulham1959

If the forecast accumulated points had been done on an individual match assessment (revised monthly, say) then the progress wouldn't necessarily be in a straight line, i.e. it might take into account easier or more difficult matches in that particular period.  So you can't necessarily extrapolate the season's expected total based on the first ten matches.  Then again, 10 matches is not an unreasonable basis for an ongoing forecast.

It is per se, not per say.

Scrumpy

Maybe you're in a minority, albeit a growing one? I presume our management reckoned it may take new players a while to learn each other's game and the Manager's requirements. So perhaps they were aiming for 16 from the first 10 games, 18 from the next 10 and then 20 from each of the following 10. That would probably get us promoted (MJG?)

Doesn't seem that shocking to me.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jonaldiniho 88

Points per game is more important than anything. However I have seen a style of play that blinds me to these points. Kit has had us play the best football I've seen since Hughes and that was a long time ago. I was against kit keeping his job when last season ended. I was pretty much against kit for a long time but now I have changed. Why? Who knows? I'd now give him longer. Do you want to know why? I will tell you but you have to be able to answer back.

mike_corkcity12

Why would any manager want to work for us?

It will be the third season in a row where we have sacked the manager! 4 managers in 3 seasons. Robespierre would be proud of Khan, chopping people like it is going out of fashion.