NFR - Will Mr Patrick Roberts

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 28, 2015, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Be playing tonight v Palace.....do we care

MJG

Dont know....yes if his extra payments are based on appearances

filham

Yes, I care, he was the most promising Fulham player I have seen since Haynes and I am interested to see how his career develops and if he fulfils his potential.

Wimbledon_White

General

You wrote this - and in doing so showed you care because you still have an interest in him.

From my perspective he's regularly been on the bench for City in quite a few games. Now, it's either written into his contract or they're doing it because they believe he's capable.

Now from what I've seen of his and Man City's posts on twitter, it'd suggest he's not done himself any harm since being there. He's put in some MOTM performances for their Elite Development Squad (especially against Juventus) and a video was posted of him scoring a scorcher within days of being on tour with the team. I've started following him on twitter (and I rarely do that with individuals unless their political and significant) as they also promoted some of his interviews which if I know anything about psychology would suggest he's approaching his career with the perfect headspace and with the long term in mind. He seems very calm but also very focused.

If he is training with the senior squad, has gotten over the celebrity of the players in that squad (which he's said he has) and is getting bench time, I think the plan for him is to ease him in slowly.

My view is both the coaching staff and management at City and Roberts know exactly where they stand with each other, both in terms of his ability currently and development and where they expect him to be within a given time frame.

I fully expect him to play for City and progressively get used to the standard of play they expect. He will be a top premiership player.

I've never had more confidence in anyone that this will be the case.

In regards to our current crop. Moussa and Hyndman seemed to have exceptional talent - I get the impression though that Hyndman's hindered himself by throwing his toys out of the pram and stating his desire to leave - Moussa has a much better professional attitude and knows if he performs his contract will be irrelevant to the type of club he wants to play for and I think LVC and George Williams are both players worth keeping an eye on. George has obviously has his injuries, but playing on the wing for the current wales side and making an impact is a feat he can build on and shows his head is in the right place. LVC I think is great and dynamic for his age, he's got a maturity about his play but my question mark is over his consistency (he's starting to show last seasons form again but has to knock competition off perch to guarantee place). He's clearly good enough for the championship but I've yet to be convinced he has it yet to make it in the premiership. They are all young though and have time on their side.

dannyboi-ffc

I doubt he will start and I'm not bothered if his career backfires and never takes off. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. But it would also be nice if he turned into the next Bale knowing Fulham produced him. And good for the England team too
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Sgt Fulham

No but I hope the lad gets a chance. Almost anyone his age would have taken the money so I dont really hold it against him.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bog

I am still interested. Potentially the best talent we had unearthed for as long as I can remember and because of our demotion we lost him about 3 years earlier than we should have. I hope he plays tonight.

092.gif   

Burt

Yes of course... We gave birth to him so I will always be keeping an eye on how his career develops.

Logicalman

UI think it's more of a passing interest perhaps, more so because he could be one of our International stars in the future, and the fact he was nurtured at Fulham provides kudos for us and our yoof system.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

alfie

If he is fortunate enough to kick on then fair play to him, but i guess if he does it will be reported for his development at City rather than at Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

NogoodBoyo

I am interested in his development and will always follow his career.  We played some real bilge pumps in midfield last year.  I would much rather have had a glimpse of his genuine talent.
Nogood "and why not, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

Feel the same about Patrick as I do Dembele 1st, Dempsey, and a slew of others who've left us for varying reasons. They are out of my week to week view since they no longer play for my club. They are all as important to me as any other club player which is not very.

I wish him well and don't fault him leaving for the money and the shot at the big time. Such very long odds at a club like theirs who tend to buy talent to plug straight in to the 1st team rather than develop and phase it in. He'll need a ton of good fortune to ever make his place there but that doesn't mean he won't succeed as a player eventually.

Plenty have left our small pond with it's small fry. Very rarely have they reached the kind of heights he's aimed for. I applaud his trying.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

valdeingruo

Quote from: Burt on October 28, 2015, 11:43:58 AM
Yes of course... We gave birth to him so I will always be keeping an eye on how his career develops.
I think his Mum did that.

I will always keep an eye out for him as I do all former players.

He will be our biggest "what if" in regards to our relegation.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

gang

I may be wrong but didn't we "steal him" from Milton Keynes Dons or was that someone else?
Good luck to him, we made some money and he will no doubt prove to be a good player for Man City and England.

valdeingruo

Quote from: gang on October 28, 2015, 02:28:41 PM
I may be wrong but didn't we "steal him" from Milton Keynes Dons or was that someone else?
Good luck to him, we made some money and he will no doubt prove to be a good player for Man City and England.

He joined from Wimbeldon, aged 13.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

Quote from: andersons11 on October 28, 2015, 03:00:58 PM

He joined from Wimbeldon, aged 13.

Yes. We didn't really 'steal' him. Wimbledon had no particularly well developed youth set-up at that time - certainly nothing to compare with MP. At that time he was at Wimbledon College, a comprehensive school but one more noted for Rugby than Football (although Jay Tabb is an ex-pupil). Fulham sent him to Coombe Boys, which educates (or tries to!) our Academy boys. 
They all have to come from somewhere. Despite what was written above, they don't hatch 'em out at Motspur Park!

snarks

Interesting thing that I read tday is that 5% of any transfer fee is set aside to be divided between the clubs any player was registered with from the age of 12 to 23, so Wimbledon will have had some benefit from his sale

res

Not Pat Roberts...George Williams started at Milton Keynes and is their youngest ever first team scorer at 16(15?), came over to us when he was 16/17