watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Regardless of who the Club chooses as a new Head Coach, there is a definate need for an interim. From watching the team on Saturday, Peter Grant didn't cut it, at all. I would say give it to Curbs, despite the seeming hostility to his long term appointment, there needs to be someone in charge.

Curbs has the experience, and iI would say the presence to do it. Either him or Scotty P, but only as an interim position.

mikestrand

Quote from: snarks on November 25, 2015, 09:19:36 AM
Regardless of who the Club chooses as a new Head Coach, there is a definate need for an interim. From watching the team on Saturday, Peter Grant didn't cut it, at all. I would say give it to Curbs, despite the seeming hostility to his long term appointment, there needs to be someone in charge.

Curbs has the experience, and iI would say the presence to do it. Either him or Scotty P, but only as an interim position.
incredibly poor decision to ignore him as caretaker.
Maybe he didn't want it.

filham

Quote from: mikestrand on November 25, 2015, 09:33:48 AM

Maybe he didn't want it.

You would have expected Curbs as caretaker to have been announced at the same time as Kit's sacking.

But then the whole business of Curbs at the Cottage is clouded in mystery, it has never been made clear what his duties and responsibilities are.

Chutney

Quote from: filham on November 25, 2015, 10:10:30 AM

Maybe he didn't want it.

You would have expected Curbs as caretaker to have been announced at the same time as Kit's sacking.

But then the whole business of Curbs at the Cottage is clouded in mystery, it has never been made clear what his duties and responsibilities are.

He's essentially a coach
C O Y W

filham

Quote from: Wearethewhites on November 24, 2015, 07:50:40 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 24, 2015, 07:41:12 PM
Anyone else really disillusioned with this whole saga?

Nope, don't feel that we're in any rush to install a new coach. Won't be going up, shouldn't be going down either with the quality we have. Realistically, a promotion push will only happen next season after Kits failings, so as long as we have someone in place by the January window to continue building the squad, that's fine by me.

If we let this matter idle on and on until Christmas (say 5 matches) we could find ourselves down in the relegation zone (at the moment we have a cushion of only 6 points). Then it will be even more difficult to attract a new man and the remit will have changed as we will be in need of a manager who has the stomach for a relegation scrap.

Anyway who is going to be available at Christmas that is not available now.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: filham on November 25, 2015, 10:31:52 AM

Nope, don't feel that we're in any rush to install a new coach. Won't be going up, shouldn't be going down either with the quality we have. Realistically, a promotion push will only happen next season after Kits failings, so as long as we have someone in place by the January window to continue building the squad, that's fine by me.

If we let this matter idle on and on until Christmas (say 5 matches) we could find ourselves down in the relegation zone (at the moment we have a cushion of only 6 points). Then it will be even more difficult to attract a new man and the remit will have changed as we will be in need of a manager who has the stomach for a relegation scrap.

Steve McLaren?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

OdecaMynoT

Steve McLaren?
[/quote]

Might increase umbrella sales and parachute payments.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

filham

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on November 25, 2015, 11:22:10 AM

Steve McLaren?

Might increase umbrella sales and parachute payments.
[/quote]

I don't think he would wan't to join us with the prospect of a relegation battle in front of him. Also suspect he has become accustomed to pretty juicy salaries.

Horsfield_No9

At least we have Stuart Pearce waiting in the wings.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

mikestrand

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 25, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
At least we have Stuart Pearce waiting in the wings.
He worked for the FA so he must be good ; )

alexmur

Quote from: filham on November 25, 2015, 10:31:52 AM

moyes!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ordar

NogoodBoyo

Maybe he didn't want it.

I've said it before, but it does bear repetition.  After Kit's sacking, Curbs openly challenged the judgement/decision-making of our Chair, Board and Director of Football (or whatever Rigg is called) in stating that clubs constantly make the mistake now of sacking managers before they've been given a chance to succeed.
Such disloyalty is hardly likely to have left Curbs with any support in the club's hierarchy.
His days must be numbered.
Nogood "don't openly question the management if you want to join the management, isit" Boyo

alexmur

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 25, 2015, 12:54:35 PM

Maybe he didn't want it.

I've said it before, but it does bear repetition.  After Kit's sacking, Curbs openly challenged the judgement/decision-making of our Chair, Board and Director of Football (or whatever Rigg is called) in stating that clubs constantly make the mistake now of sacking managers before they've been given a chance to succeed.
Such disloyalty is hardly likely to have left Curbs with any support in the club's hierarchy.
His days must be numbered.
Nogood "don't openly question the management if you want to join the management, isit" Boyo
very true he must have known he was never getting the job before saying that. for me he was part of kits team and will be replaced as soon as the new man comes in

Chesh

For the avoidance of doubt, Gary Rowett was, is, and always will be a mad Aston Villa fan, and so those saying he would never leave the club he supports couldn't be further off the mark.

I have seen this in a newspaper cutting posted as a photo on a Brum site from when he was 19 and signed for Everton from Cambridge, and there are quotes directly from Rowett himself.

He was born in Bromsgrove, and grew up supporting Villa, and continued to do so even when he moved to Isle of Wight, and then East Anglia.

FWIW he is now strong odds on with all the usual suspects, having moved from 8/11 to 1/3 with Skybet at 12.20pm.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Robertw

Quote from: Chesh on November 25, 2015, 01:52:53 PM
For the avoidance of doubt, Gary Rowett was, is, and always will be a mad Aston Villa fan, and so those saying he would never leave the club he supports couldn't be further off the mark.

I have seen this in a newspaper cutting posted as a photo on a Brum site from when he was 19 and signed for Everton from Cambridge, and there are quotes directly from Rowett himself.

He was born in Bromsgrove, and grew up supporting Villa, and continued to do so even when he moved to Isle of Wight, and then East Anglia.

FWIW he is now strong odds on with all the usual suspects, having moved from 8/11 to 1/3 with Skybet at 12.20pm.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-gary-rowett-8154661

Rowett claims here he was not a Villa fan just pictured in a Villa shirt while living in the Isle of Wight

Chesh

Quote from: Robertw on November 25, 2015, 02:10:46 PM

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-gary-rowett-8154661

Rowett claims here he was not a Villa fan just pictured in a Villa shirt while living in the Isle of Wight

Yep, just read that, and can summise one of two things.

Either he was lying in the quotes that I have seen in the newspaper cutting, where there was definitely no doubt about his passion for Villa, or he is just playing it down in the Birmingham Mail article for obvious reasons  :005:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Chesh on November 25, 2015, 02:24:28 PM
Quote from: Robertw on November 25, 2015, 02:10:46 PM

Yep, just read that, and can summise one of two things.

Either he was lying in the quotes that I have seen in the newspaper cutting, where there was definitely no doubt about his passion for Villa, or he is just playing it down in the Birmingham Mail article for obvious reasons  :005:
this is all very similar to how we ended up bagging Clark
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

I wonder if we will have a decision before the weekend

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: alexmur on November 25, 2015, 03:09:51 PM
I wonder if we will have a decision before the weekend

I sure hope that if he's an identified target that the club will work their behinds off to get him in before the next match. Would definitely be nice to have this all settled.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude