more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 26, 2015, 06:10:52 AM
Sacked by Huddersfield and Birmingham before moving on to Blackpool who were then relegated. No thanks!

:plus one:

I would rather have The Mad German back than Clark
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mac_21

Rowett is on a rolling 12 month contract so compensation would be minimal compared to the £1.25m quoted for Clarke. We have to go all out to land him now. If we miss him it could get embarrassing.

westcliff white

the speculation is all from the bookies from what I can see, not seen many (maybe 1) report saying he was on a shortlist or we had approached him.

It seems to me some bets have been laid to get him into odds on, and thats where the speculation starts so to speak.

Birmingham have said (and I see no reason for them to lie) that no approaches have been made to speak to him, although they didnt say that any approach would be unwelcome.

Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 25, 2015, 07:02:41 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on November 25, 2015, 06:49:16 PM
A long shot - and one which many many may disagree with but this is a discussion forum after all.

I can see Neil Lennon being released by Bolton before long, or Bolton being amenable to letting him go so they do not have to pay the remaining two years of his contract.
He did a decent job last year turning Bolton around but they are struggling very badly now for for financial reasons as much as anything else having to let their better players (including Tim Ream) leave.

Is Lennon the type of manager who could kick start a revival for us?

Not a bad shout,he was on my short list before Kit was given the job.

Alexmur are you Moyes agent?!!
if I was I'd have the deal done by now hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Neil D

We need to write this season off in terms of promotion and look abroad.  How many of us had heard of Oscar Garcia or Slavisa Jokanovic?  Yet both of these adapted quickly and either would be assets for FFC (Garcia has health issues, I know).  There must be others like them out there - better options than dredging around the Football League for re-treads.

Skatzoffc

The way I see the Curbs situation, he wants the full job but they have said/intimated they don't want him. He doesn't want to be caretaker.

Hence, his statement about managers not being given time.
He would not have said those things if he had still been in the running for the full job.
Just an opinion.

I definitely don't want Pearce!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Ordar

I'd be delighted with Rowett. I notice a few bookmakers have stopped taking bets on our next manager. Either they're getting bored/losing interest or something must be close

Airfix

Hello fire, meet frying pan...

spikey norman

Just heard Curbs on Talk Sport saying his role at the moment is to advise Grant in same way he did Kit.
He intimated that a new manager/coach could be in place before Preston game or by beginnning of next week.

Holders

Quote from: Neil D on November 26, 2015, 08:48:41 AM
We need to write this season off in terms of promotion and look abroad.  How many of us had heard of Oscar Garcia or Slavisa Jokanovic?  Yet both of these adapted quickly and either would be assets for FFC (Garcia has health issues, I know).  There must be others like them out there - better options than dredging around the Football League for re-treads.

I'd be happy with either of these. And you make a good point - look where Tigana sprang from.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Wow...

If that happened I would have preferred to keep faith in Kit, who was after all still learning his trade.

I saw him at school yesterday, it was the sixth form parents evening. He looked quite relaxed...!!

MJG

Sacked by Huddersfield and Birmingham before moving on to Blackpool who were then relegated. No thanks!
Bit harsh the Blackpool job, he took as it was a job and he admitted he did it just to keep his name in the picture of being a manager.
Anyone who took that was on a loser. He was doing ok at Huddersfied and had mixed results at Birmingham.
My issue is there are too many off field stories from Huddersfield and Birmingham that make me think hes not right man for us.

But I loved him as a player and he enjoyed his time at the club.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2015, 10:15:08 AM
Bit harsh the Blackpool job, he took as it was a job and he admitted he did it just to keep his name in the picture of being a manager.
Anyone who took that was on a loser. He was doing ok at Huddersfied and had mixed results at Birmingham.
My issue is there are too many off field stories from Huddersfield and Birmingham that make me think hes not right man for us.

Agree with all of that and as I've been warned about swearing on here before all I will say to the previous poster who described him as a "rubbish negative player"
Mate you're either on a wind up or genuinely aint got a clue

alfie

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on November 26, 2015, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2015, 10:15:08 AM

Agree with all of that and as I've been warned about swearing on here before all I will say to the previous poster who described him as a "rubbish negative player"
Mate you're either on a wind up or genuinely aint got a clue

I wish we had a few more "rubbish negative players" like that now
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barry White

I wouldn't get carried away thinking it's Rowett, very similar feel to Clarke deal at the moment plus as someone has already said he is in good form and wanted by both the board and the fans.

Birmingham is also his ex-club so he obviously has some love for the place.

Wearethewhites

Can't see Rowett coming, why would he? Has only been in the Birmingham job a short while, is still building his legacy, and, by all accounts, is a childhood Brum fan. On top of this, Rowett seems quite a loyal, level headed chap. If this is the case, I can see us ending up with egg on our faces again. I still think it'll end up being Curbishley.

RaySmith

Loved him as a player, and it would be great to see him come in and do well as manager - but doesn't have the proven track record that the club is after, and would therefore be a gamble.

westcliff white

Rowett wasn't Burton's manager that long I think 18 months or so, he was a coach there before that.

I also thought he was a Villa fan but played that down after joining Birmingham as a player and then again when he joined as manager.

I agree for me it is a long shot that he will come but I wouldn't say impossible.
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

I think whoever comes in is a gamble as they have to know the player's build rapport get a playing system to suit our strengths

MJG

He was at two years and five months and 140 games, thats a bloody good record to last that long in any division atm.