The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

How about those two who manage Salford City, they don't take any s11it.  fp.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Reznor

Laudrup, Rogers or O'Neil would be great but we could not attract them I'm afraid. Paul Lambert for me and he may come if offered the post. We have a decent squad for this league now and with one or 2 good signings under the right manager we could be a real force in this league.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 07, 2015, 05:26:15 PM
Alas, if we announced Paul Lambert as manager tomorrow; I wouldn't bemoan the decision.

I'd be gutted for Kit but I wouldn't complain. I am happy to give him till Xmas but I would understand if Khan's patience didn't match mine.
Blimey, if Khans patience matches yours we will be relegated!
I say this, though...
At last you see there is an issue with current set up.

GrahamG

Paul Lambert I think but it's a tough decision and we can't afford yet another mistake.

Luffy86

Think I'll throw my two pennies worth in.... I wouldn't mind seeing Brendon Rodgers take charge, or Micheal Laudrup..

MJG

I don't get the Laudrup stuff, he walked into a decent setup at Swansea so not as if he built that up. similar to Rodgers as well. How much of it was them or just the setup at the club.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

YoungsBitter

Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2015, 10:07:45 PM
I don't get the Laudrup stuff, he walked into a decent setup at Swansea so not as if he built that up. similar to Rodgers as well. How much of it was them or just the setup at the club.

I think Laudrup is overrated too, however Rodgers has shown he can do good things with teams even if the mighty Liverpool is too big a step for him. Sadly there is now way St Brendan is coming to the Cottage. I think we should get ready to accept a Pearson or Lambert level appointment. Both can do a job for us with the squad we have.
Quark, strangeness and charm

FPT

I must admit, I enjoyed watching O'Neil's Aston Villa team at its peak. When they had Gareth Barry, Stilyan Petrov, Ashley Young and James Milner. Whilst John Carew and Gabby Agbonlahor were putting in some career best form, Gabby scored the most goals of his career under O'Neil and bagged 10 assists too. They sat back, soaked the pressure and broke with pace; the defence wasn't the best, but they were well drilled and protected well. However, have we got the team to play on the counter?

He had financial issues at Aston Villa also, letting the wage bill rocket much higher than it should have been and Villa are still suffering the consequences. He threw his toys out of the pram when he was told that spending would be limited and left.

Berserker

Isn't MON still Ireland's manager?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wingnut

Quote from: Berserker on November 07, 2015, 10:37:31 PM
Isn't MON still Ireland's manager?

From talking to the lads who go to the Ireland games that I know, they won't win the upcoming play off against Bosnia and he will be leaving after that. The team is decimated with injuries and suspensions. However, Roy Keane will probably move with him. They have a very good working relationship, from what I have heard.

I would like Lambert or O'Neill without Keane. Really want to avoid Harry and Joe Jordan's presence at the game today worries me, on that front. Pearson is not the right fit for our club but he would resolve the problems that we have in no time.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

David Allen Crankshaw

None of the names mentioned. All failures at previous clubs.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on November 07, 2015, 06:17:43 PM
Quote from: Swiss72 on November 07, 2015, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: alexmur on November 07, 2015, 06:09:42 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 07, 2015, 05:53:03 PM
Not a one on that list for me. Bob Bradley. Won't happen and won't be accepted with this bunch. Still my choice.
I'd be happy with that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Me too.
to much of a gamble for me. He would be the fourth manager in a row to never have managed in England before being appointed to us. He is only on his first season in Europe too isn't he?

I agree Ben, this is a formula that has failed in the past.

Twig

Brendon R would probably be my preference.  I'd also get excited about a Jean T return (but also worried that it would just be a romantic gesture).  Laudrup achieved little despite inheriting a great squad and set up, O'Neil is famous for  blowing the budget at Villa.  Pearson is just not my cup of Darjeeling I am afraid. The rest are nowhere.

MJG

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 08, 2015, 06:04:42 AM
Then who....another one without previous experience or someone doing well in their first job?

Reznor

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 08, 2015, 06:04:42 AM

Hodgson, Blackburn?

stokesy

It looks like David Moyes is on his way out of Spain,think he could be the answer.I believe we have the quality of player but need organisation and tactical knowledge

dannyboi-ffc

Would be a fantastic appointment but it's very much a long shot. Can't see him dropping to the championship. I think he is good enough to wait for a premier league club and by that I mean a proper big club, not a Norwich or a Bournemouth.

I'm amazed Villa gambled on the French bloke when they could have had Moyes and I doubt he would've turned down a club as big as that.

We can dream I suppose
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alexmur

Quote from: FPT on November 07, 2015, 10:16:18 PM
I must admit, I enjoyed watching O'Neil's Aston Villa team at its peak. When they had Gareth Barry, Stilyan Petrov, Ashley Young and James Milner. Whilst John Carew and Gabby Agbonlahor were putting in some career best form, Gabby scored the most goals of his career under O'Neil and bagged 10 assists too. They sat back, soaked the pressure and broke with pace; the defence wasn't the best, but they were well drilled and protected well. However, have we got the team to play on the counter?

He had financial issues at Aston Villa also, letting the wage bill rocket much higher than it should have been and Villa are still suffering the consequences. He threw his toys out of the pram when he was told that spending would be limited and left.
oniell won't be leaving ireland till the playoffs are over

alexmur

Alex Ferguson is currently free, just putting it out there.

BestOfBrede

Why do we look at out of work managers only?
Surely with Khans multi billions we could entice someone that is 'being successful now' and pay whatever buy out clauses are in place?