News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

why would we take someone qpr don't want

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Cons to many to list but FPTcovered most

Pros none

For the record he has got to the playoffs twice, same as curbs funnily enough
Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

Quote from: Ordar on November 15, 2015, 01:24:55 AM
I personally would put Pearson as my second choice after Moyes. That isn't to put down Pearson at all and I would be happy was he appointed. None of the anti Pearson rhetoric on this thread has any bearing on reality.

I want to go up this year
my thoughts exactly

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


westcliff white

Quote from: TrexFFC on November 15, 2015, 02:33:42 AM
Stop supporting the club because of a managerial appointment you hate?
who said that? I said I wouldn't go, that doesn't mean I do not support them. I had a season ticket for 3 years and didn't go as worked abroad, still bought the ticket though, as I will every season whether I go or not.
Every day is a Fulham day

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on November 14, 2015, 06:36:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 06:01:18 PM
Don't be surprised if Harry Redknapp is selected with Neil Warnock as his assistant.





I just had a big shiver after reading that..!! Probably the worst combination I could think of!



I can think of a much worse pair,   Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.



....with Burke and Hare as scouts......

MJG

Well looks like those who are results first, values second are the winners here. Maybe should have gone for Pulis just to make some even happier.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk


HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on November 15, 2015, 09:15:54 AM
Well looks like those who are results first, values second are the winners here. Maybe should have gone for Pulis just to make some even happier.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk


Absoloutely and why shouldn't it be that way?
They guy is being demonised for some ill advised and regrettable incidents, he has been big and honest enough to admit he made mistakes and he has apologised too.I would agree with some of the posters on here who seem to think hes a cross between the anti -christ and Adolf Hitler if he was unashamedly unrepentant but hes not.
He seems to have a bit of fire in his belly unlike the some of our previous managers. Is said to be very popular and respected by his players, some saying he's the best manager they've played under.
Personally think the playing side of our club needs a kick up the backside, we're drifting, I think Pearson vould be the bloke to do that but who really knows? Guess we'll see soon

CincyFulham1

Quote from: alexmur on November 15, 2015, 07:29:07 AM
why would we take someone qpr don't want

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Was talking to a friend who is a hoop (yes I know) and he said most of them think very highly of Warnock.  Many would be happy with him staying the rest of the season.  They don't see him as the long term solution, but would take him until a permanent replacement is found.

MJG

There is no one way of being a manager,  kicks up backside,  arms round shoulders,  Jack in the job in the tech area,  sitting in stand.

It's fine apologising... Which in all honestly in the quotesI read were not full ones... But he's whole attitude at times is one I'm not comfortable with.

As you say we will see.


Bronaldinho

A damn good coach.

Won't take any crap and can fire up a dressing room, something we need.

Not afraid to say it like it is.

Will be a great capture for the club, terrific record.
Matchday Programme Columnist during 15/16 season.

Read the latest Craven Corner Article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Follow The Craven Corner on X @TheCravenCorner

filham

The Republic are tomorrow involved in the second leg play off for a place in the Euro finals and they only have to draw 0-0 or win to qualify in which case Martin O'Neill will have a busy few months ahead of him. However should Ireland suffer an unexpected defeat O'Neill may just be open to other offers.

Is it possible that we are holding off in appointing our new coach until after the Republic match tomorrow night.

No doubt in my book that Martin O'Neill would be the best available choice for us if we could get him.

Lighthouse

He will not want to walk straight into another job if they lose anyway. So although I have heard this theory before I am not convinced by it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


Arthur

Quote from: FPT on November 15, 2015, 12:33:52 AM
Pros? I'm not sure there are any, I've seen many a Leicester supporter say that their form and subsequent escape covered the cracks there all season.

First, we need a manager to get us out of the Championship. His record with Leicester in the Championship two seasons ago saw them promoted as champions, having gone 20 games unbeaten from December onwards - including a Club record nine consecutive victories.

You may not want Pearson to be our next manager (he wouldn't be my first choice either), but to claim that there is nothing whatsoever that supports his appointment is not a statement with which I can agree.

J.Perkins

Compare to Hughes. He has always had an attitude, was he good for the club? Yes. 8th place, the 2nd highest we've ever finished. Pearson is very similar in my books, and will be a very good appointment. Done it all before, his record with Leicester is very good.

Bassey the warrior

I'd hate to have MON as manager. His teams play dour stuff. Just think how awful Sunderland were.


Skatzoffc

Not on my hot list I must admit.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Quote from: The Moose on November 15, 2015, 11:13:56 AM
I'd hate to have MON as manager. His teams play dour stuff. Just think how awful Sunderland were.
In all honesty I would forsake some of the pretty football we have seen in the last two or three years, under a succession of manager, for some results that put us in a promotion chase.

alexmur

Quote from: filham on November 15, 2015, 10:47:17 AM
The Republic are tomorrow involved in the second leg play off for a place in the Euro finals and they only have to draw 0-0 or win to qualify in which case Martin O'Neill will have a busy few months ahead of him. However should Ireland suffer an unexpected defeat O'Neill may just be open to other offers.

Is it possible that we are holding off in appointing our new coach until after the Republic match tomorrow night.

No doubt in my book that Martin O'Neill would be the best available choice for us if we could get him.
still under contract with ireland and himself and Roy have their eyes on world Cup qualifiers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


hovewhite

Quote from: Bronaldinho on November 15, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
A damn good coach.

Won't take any crap and can fire up a dressing room, something we need.

Not afraid to say it like it is.

Will be a great capture for the club, terrific record.
That sums it up 100%

Carborundum

Surprising things happen in football.  In some business cultures a colourful past can be no hindrance and maybe even an asset.  Personal experience suggests that large U.S. corporations wouldn't obviously fit into that category.  If Mr Pearson can persuade Mr Khan and his lieutenants that he can handle pressurised situations with dignity and poise, then his experience and track record could land him the job.  I'd be a bit surprised though.