News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog


filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 15, 2015, 10:58:50 AM
He will not want to walk straight into another job if they lose anyway. So although I have heard this theory before I am not convinced by it.
You are most probably right  but there really is nothing to say that any of the assumed candidates mentioned on this board are really under consideration , we are all just clutching at straws. At least on Monday night when the Republic qualify for the Euros I will know it is time to let go of this particular straw.

As for Martin not wanting a new post so soon I would expect Rigg to get on his bike and sell the Fulham job to Martin.

bill taylors apprentice

While I would love to have given some of the players a slap over recent seasons, we do not need a manager/coach to put the fear of God in them.

What we need is a leader who is respected and can put a plan into effect.

Maybe Pearson can do the above as well but so can many other managers/coaches without the psycho personality.


f321ffc

 Well worth watching, i`m going to nail my colours to the mast and say i hope its him. 049:gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26943611
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

jarv

Even if Ireland lose, if he still has a job/contract, thinking I would not want to leave a cushy, part time, well paid international job to take on a struggling second division team.....would you?

J



AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Only lunatics should apply for the FFC managers job?

Unless of course Moyes sees it as a great "stepping stone" opportunity, a chance to re-build & prove his worth all over again @ a similar club to Everton, you can see it clear as day

Worth him taking the gamble I'd say (assuming of course we have shown interest in him)

He has to be the stand out candidate

His arrival would cause a number of our better players to re consider their futures with us, to stay & give it a go as far as top 6, return to the Premiership, ground redevelopment etc

Time to act running out along with parachute payments

So much riding on this next appointment 

Bill2

 049:gif
Quote from: f321ffc on November 15, 2015, 01:49:07 PM
Well worth watching, i`m going to nail my colours to the mast and say i hope its him. 049:gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26943611
Have to agree

Riverside

I was one of the ones touting this last Sunday . I personally would be delighted .

As always surprised by the number that are not interested .

But I am realistic that Ancellotti , Ferguson and Guardiola would all have their detractors as well .

The longer we wait the more I think this is a possibility .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LBNo11

Quote from: bog on November 15, 2015, 11:49:03 AM
No thanks.

092.gif



...he spent a fortune at Villa, bought expensive players that he didn't play, all players were on high wages and when he couldn't prise any more funds out of the chairman (who was frustrated that all his previous funding had not brought results) he quit just before that start of a new season. I'd much rather not...
@lbno11ffc.bsky.social
https://www.facebook.com/groups/332326351408249 Fulham Archives
Fan since 1965, first live game Easter 1967

H4usuallysitting

He sounds far to organised to be our Manager...where's his brother doing strange deals - where's his cheese.......

rubbernecca

Quote from: J on November 15, 2015, 01:55:29 PM
This sums up the good pretty well - direct from players at Leicester: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/17/sunderland-leicester-city-nigel-pearson-premier-league-match-report


Thanks for the link J

I've heard the same thing from Leicester fans.  A year ago I asked them how it was having a lunatic manager - they thought he was great and didn't like how the media blew a few incidents out of proportion. He's a great man manager that the players respect, in fact they love him. Contrast that to Kit and Magath.


St. Andrews White

I'd be happy with Pearson.

Tactically astute, good for firing up players and less of a lunatic than the media seem to portray him as. His players love him as well, which is no bad thing.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but he certainly wouldn't be a bad appointment.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Slaphead in Qatar


Chutney

Pearson is a vile man and a bully.
C O Y W


davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on November 14, 2015, 06:36:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 06:01:18 PM
Don't be surprised if Harry Redknapp is selected with Neil Warnock as his assistant.





I just had a big shiver after reading that..!! Probably the worst combination I could think of!



I can think of a much worse pair,   Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.
So can I, Kit Symons and Alan Curbishley!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

St Eve

Quote from: Chutney on November 15, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
Pearson is a vile man and a bully.
not trying to be smart but in what way? I think he might be the right man for the job so just interested in your opinion

Nero

I think what people forget is that Pearson was under a great deal of pressure at Leicester with their owners, and he probably didn't handle it in the best way possible but if he has learnt from it I don't have a problem with it


westcliff white

and the way Kahn is going through managers 5 in 19 months he won't be under pressure here?

Not sure how he will cope with being a head coach and not a manager
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Chutney on November 15, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
Pearson is a vile man and a bully.
I have never met the fella, but calling someone 'Vile' seems a little strong.
You could well know him personally, where as I only know what I see on TV or read in the Papers (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sacked-leicester-boss-nigel-pearson-6008464).
As I say I have never met the guy but I think the act of kindness shown in this story above speaks volumes for the man. IMHO.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"