The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

bruce was 1/2 yesterday its all rumours at this stage for me
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 10, 2015, 08:44:30 AM
I just heard the reason Moyes was sacked yesterday was that his flight back to Spain from London on Sunday was delayed or cancelled. Apparently he flew to the UK after Fridays game, maybe coincidence, maybe a long shot but a good rumour if what I heard is true.
That was not the reason, hes been on a knife edge for  last half dozen games.

Burt

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 10, 2015, 11:12:52 AM
Haisselbank now in to 5/4 favourite (Sky Bet). Summats up !

We're in a fight with QPR over his services, if some of the media are to be believed.

MJG

Quote from: Burt on November 10, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

We're in a fight with QPR over his services, if some of the media are to be believed.
Fernandes Vs Khan on Hammersmith Broadway tonight, to the winner goes the spoils...or JFH

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on November 10, 2015, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 10, 2015, 08:44:30 AM
I just heard the reason Moyes was sacked yesterday was that his flight back to Spain from London on Sunday was delayed or cancelled. Apparently he flew to the UK after Fridays game, maybe coincidence, maybe a long shot but a good rumour if what I heard is true.
That was not the reason, hes been on a knife edge for  last half dozen games.
Still a good rumour to keep people going till we know who we get.
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

Hasselbaink now 10/11 on with Skybet.

Moyes second favourite at 6/1

Anyone else think that JFH would be a HUGE risk? I'll be annoyed if we don't at least approach Moyes

Burt

I would be taken aback if we went for JFH, to the extent that I would have wanted the club to have stood by Kit for a bit longer. Both are inexperienced and still learning their trade "on the job".

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Ordar on November 10, 2015, 12:20:23 PM

Anyone else think that JFH would be a HUGE risk? I'll be annoyed if we don't at least approach Moyes

I would be really pee'd off if we appointed him, really pee'd off.

nose

i quite like the idea of JFH BUT counter to what i said on another post he does not really have a proven track record but seems to be doing well, speaks good english, is intelligent, has the right idea... but he may be hopeless

moyes is a good thought, not so good at english as JFH (joke!!!) but eats brathes and sleeps football, knows what he is about.

I would be happy with either.

Horsfield_No9

It's a MASSIVE risk. For me it's very simple, we need someone who has got teams promoted from this league before. If everything Rigg/Khan says about wanting to move Fulham to the next level and back to the Prem is true then surely JFH cannot be considered. It would be crazy. Must be an old head, no more "seeing how it goes, he's a good guy" etc.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Domino 1879

Not sure if Moyes was on the radar till yesterday.  Agree wwe should at least consider him and he may well bring McKinley with him which would be no bad thing imo.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on November 10, 2015, 11:50:28 AM
Quote from: Burt on November 10, 2015, 11:48:26 AM

Fernandes Vs Khan on Hammersmith Broadway tonight, to the winner goes the spoils...or JFH

I'd take Khan to win a fight against Fernandes.  :028:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

JFH does have about 85 games behind him, one promotion, another season doing well. Was a youth coach at Forest as well.
Its not as if he's wet behind the ears. Has a winning mentality and would be coming confident in his own ability, unlike the unemployed guys who may have some doubt in their minds.
Although could argue they would work hard to prove people wrong.

No guarantee whoever gets the job that they work out and I truly believe only Sam would have guaranteed us promotion or playoffs at least.

grandad

No way JFH. He wouldn´t have the pulling power to bring in quality players.The only one of the names being tossed about who could is Moyes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

love4ffc

After listening to Cottage Talk yesterday I would have to agree with them that the club will probably go with someone who has a strong track record.  I would be surprised if they take a chance on Hasselbaink.

Domino 1879

........and we would have to pay compensation to Burton for JFH.  Cant see it really........but 'its a funny ol' game'

Barrett487

Comeback on the cards?

Courtesy of Murray Burnell, from BBC London Sport.

Alan Curbishley has refused to rule himself out of the running for the vacant manager's job at Fulham. @BBCLondonSport #FFC

Curbishley: "It is an attractive job and I'm sure there are going to be lots of people who will be applying". #FFC @BBCLondonSport

Curbishley says "it's up to other people. They need to think about what kind of manager they want". @BBCLondonSport #FFC

mikestrand

I can't see the point of getting players in who are proven in this division and then a head Coach like Sherwoood or Haisselbank who aren't.
Unless the club is still going for the cheapest options of course.

love4ffc

Curbs is an unknown at this point and time to me.  We don't really know what his involvement was with Kit.  How much advise did Kit really take from him?  Only the Kit and crew would know that. 

A big part of me would like to see the club start fresh and thank Curbs for his services and move on. 

New manager with Murphy as his assistant. 

Neil D

Hasselbaink's chief merit, in the Club's eyes, would be the same as that of Symons - the relative parsimony of his contract.  We now know where that got us.