more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on November 10, 2015, 02:03:33 PM
One was surprised in the dismissal of Kit Symons however it shows the board, namely owner Khan, has a lot of ambition for this revered London club.  Had he stuck with Symons, as many wanted, it would have been probably a slow progress taking years while our 'rookie' manager cut his teeth.

Unlike the premature sacking of the exciting René Meulensteen which indirectly caused Fulham's demotion from the PL, the board do not seem to have a ready replacement, hence I would like to tender an appropriate and capable manager in waiting, known other than Glenn Hoddle.

Hoddle many would say, has been away from actively managing a club, but he has been heavily involved in coaching youth setups and offered his services to Tottenham Hotspur, when the club mistakedly opted for the incompetant blagger Tim Sherwood.

Hoddle's style of football suits Fulham - he appreciates the 'beautiful game' choosing to pass and keep possession rather than "lump it" as so many do in the Championship and t'up North!  He would be an ideal partner in charge of Fulham's evolving team, and those who remember of our rich history would recognise the symbiosis betwist both club and manager.

Rather than opt for a vociferous whinger such as Brendan Rodgers, I would throw my cap in with Hoddle to lead Fulham to greater destiny.
no

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

filham

I wonder if Hoddle would really be interested. It is a long time since he has been in the hot seat and surely in all that time some lower division club would have been prepared to give him a job. Hoddle is probably comfortable with media work.

Rudolph

Only if he could be assisted by Ray Lewington, someone who knows the Fulham way of doing things.

snarks

WM don't you think if Jol had been given the financial backing that would have worked then. I always thought he was a decent manager, he did a good job at Spurs, and OK back in Holland too.

He just got dealt a very poor hand in his second season, and lost a lot of faith in the club and Mo, by the start of his 3rd season, he was a shadow of the man that had come to the club.

H4usuallysitting

Why not have Hoddle and Rogers.....we wouldn't need a team - there combined ego's would be more than enough to fill the Cottage

alexmur

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 10, 2015, 02:42:31 PM
Why not have Hoddle and Rogers.....we wouldn't need a team - there combined ego's would be more than enough to fill the Cottage
hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

nose

IMO Glenn Hoddle would be one of the last people I would want and cannot atgree that hoddle says anything but platitudes and the blindingly obvious. He impresses me very little.

When he was at swindon and chelsea i thought he was brilliant but at England and subsequently I think he became broken. Honestly I think every fulham supporter would end up hating him(hopddle) within 3 to 6 months save for the few on the MB that support anything the club does.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 10, 2015, 02:50:05 PM
:beer:
Quote from: snarks on November 10, 2015, 02:39:01 PM
WM don't you think if Jol had been given the financial backing that would have worked then. I always thought he was a decent manager, he did a good job at Spurs, and OK back in Holland too.

He just got dealt a very poor hand in his second season, and lost a lot of faith in the club and Mo, by the start of his 3rd season, he was a shadow of the man that had come to the club.

I agree with you there, and Martin Jol ended up having to find bargain basement buys for two goats and a sheep, loans and free transfers, until it wore him down, and he started to lose his appetite, and was a shadow of the man who first joined Fulham. Yes you are right, he was starved of any real financial backing in his last 18 months. My one real criticism of him, was that he appeared to take little interest in the Academy.

i think you will find jol wasted a fortune on ruiz and berba, no wonder the chairman didn't want to give him too much more! he had [plenty of backing but was just useless.

Bronaldinho

Oscar Garcia sure looks like an interesting option.

If he's healthy again, then he could be a decent long-term appointment.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

Quote from: nose on November 10, 2015, 02:59:19 PM

I agree with you there, and Martin Jol ended up having to find bargain basement buys for two goats and a sheep, loans and free transfers, until it wore him down, and he started to lose his appetite, and was a shadow of the man who first joined Fulham. Yes you are right, he was starved of any real financial backing in his last 18 months. My one real criticism of him, was that he appeared to take little interest in the Academy.

i think you will find jol wasted a fortune on ruiz and berba, no wonder the chairman didn't want to give him too much more! he had [plenty of backing but was just useless.
That would the same Jol who basically pissed away £13m (wages & fees) on Parker and Stek?

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 10, 2015, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 10, 2015, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: nose on November 10, 2015, 02:59:19 PM

That would the same Jol who basically pissed away £13m (wages & fees) on Parker and Stek?

Yes you make very good points, and I stand corrected.
Always happy to help

snarks

Hmm Berba came for Free, and I think Jol liked him so much he sacrificed Ruiz to it. Parker was a good purchase, but not with the players fulham had at the time. As for Stek, he could and should have been great for Fulham. Undone by a poor defence, well beyond it's sell by date. The fact he's doing OK at Southampton is an indication of what he could have been for Fulham.

Neil D

Hoddle is the only name mooted on this forum which fills me with dread.  I can tolerate those who have left-field ideas about football - it may even be a strong point - but he comes with wacko, non-footballing baggage.  Also, I prefer to hear the English language mangled by foreign managers more than by English ones.

HamsterWheel

Betting shifted again - Nigel Pearson now 5/4 fave, Haisselbank drifted out to 11/4 and Moyes to 8/1.

MJG

Quote from: snarks on November 10, 2015, 03:25:39 PM
Hmm Berba came for Free, and I think Jol liked him so much he sacrificed Ruiz to it. Parker was a good purchase, but not with the players fulham had at the time. As for Stek, he could and should have been great for Fulham. Undone by a poor defence, well beyond it's sell by date. The fact he's doing OK at Southampton is an indication of what he could have been for Fulham.
Berba was not free, we paid a fee, (undisclosed as usual but believed to be £3-5M)

How can Parker be a good purchase if he didn't suit us at the time?

Stek was wasted money when we already had a GK (Stockdale) and that money could and should have been used elsewhere.

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: HamsterWheel on November 10, 2015, 03:36:01 PM
Betting shifted again - Nigel Pearson now 5/4 fave, Haisselbank drifted out to 11/4 and Moyes to 8/1.

yeah strange he is favouraite for both us and QPR. I dont think they have  clue

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 10, 2015, 06:02:20 AM
I am not sure that's a good idea, he doesn't speak English. 

I'm not sure Lambert does either ... at least English that I understand most of the time.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

The Old Count

Says the job at Fulham is 'an attractive proposition'.

Personally I'd rather not have him as manager.  Didn't seem to do much as 'advisor' to Kit or maybe Kit wasn't listening.

I would much rather see either Lambert, Bruce or Moyes.

Burt

Yikes... I would prefer him to keep his hat firmly on his head.

bog

I've just thrown it back.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif