News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Can I just clarify something on bookies, I know we post they have made him the favorite, or they have moved him out.
But after they set the initial odds, dont they base it on the bets made, so its not really the bookies, its people placing bets that change the odds?

westcliff white

I know all of that MJG I was just keeping people upto date
Every day is a Fulham day

Dr Know

Twig  for your information ive been watching ffc since 1966  over 1000 games at 139 grounds so i think i know what im talking about


MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 17, 2015, 08:35:24 AM
I know all of that MJG I was just keeping people upto date
Oh no I wasn't having a go, its just I keep reading here and elsewhere the bookies have it this way or that, but just reflecting us poor saps really ;-)

MJG

Clark was great for us and how anyone can call him a negative or sideways player I just dont understand.

westcliff white

I know you weren't having a pop, think we have both been on this board long enough to know when the other is having a pop LOL.

Every day is a Fulham day


Holders

I read an article recently which gave the names of those supposedly under consideration saying that they'd been "mentioned in connection with the job". They'd all been mentioned on here and it occurred to me that our speculation/wishful thinking might be the sole source of that mention! Real news seems to be non-existent as the club is really keeping this one close.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

He was all heart and commitment as a player. With Clark what you saw was what you got.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

AnEssexFan

So, if the bookies odds reflect the monies being bet on each candidate, can I suggest that we all put a couple of pounds on MJG today and by this evening he'll be the odds on favourite to be the new Fulham manager :-)
@leightonrw07


filham

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 16, 2015, 10:01:59 PM
Tigana with Lee Clark or Tigana with John Collins
Or Tigana with Murphy.
In fact Tigana with almost anyone, even Tigana with Kit.

MJG

Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 17, 2015, 09:47:02 AM
So, if the bookies odds reflect the monies being bet on each candidate, can I suggest that we all put a couple of pounds on MJG today and by this evening he'll be the odds on favourite to be the new Fulham manager :-)
Can I sign my own players and bring in my own staff?

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)


Neil D

Quote from: davew on November 17, 2015, 10:03:26 AM
What about Stuart Pearce??
No thanks.  I know he's the polar opposite of Symons when it comes to showing some emotion on the pitch but...

sunburywhite

All the bookies do is balance the books

They don't have wild guesses about who it will be but if a load of money comes in for one person they will lower the price on that to maintain their profit margin
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jem

Quote from: MJG on November 17, 2015, 10:00:19 AM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on November 17, 2015, 09:47:02 AM
So, if the bookies odds reflect the monies being bet on each candidate, can I suggest that we all put a couple of pounds on MJG today and by this evening he'll be the odds on favourite to be the new Fulham manager :-)
Can I sign my own players and bring in my own staff?
Yes, but I should consider it a short term project!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx


MJG

Quote from: davew on November 17, 2015, 10:03:26 AM
What about Stuart Pearce??
I'd very much look forward to his 5-5-0 or 4-6-0 formations

Chutney

C O Y W

rusty shackleford



f321ffc

When Kit was sacked i really thought that yesterday would be the day the new man would be  announced as i was convinced someone was lined up , the longer this goes on the more convinced i am that Rigg has #ucked up again and if no new man by Saturday then my fears will be confirmed.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Asotosyios

Quote from: f321ffc on November 17, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
When Kit was sacked i really thought that yesterday would be the day the new man would be  announced as i was convinced someone was lined up , the longer this goes on the more convinced i am that Rigg has #ucked up again and if no new man by Saturday then my fears will be confirmed.

I wouldn't say that Rigg has ###### up, but I agree with you that I expected us to have announced a new manager by now.